Item_167.png
, land mines
Item_937.png
and triggerable explosives
Item_580.png
, as well as the sticky versions of the first two
Item_2586.png
Item_235.png
. However nice their selection range is, there is definitely more to be added. Let me show you my proposals.
  • Detonator.png
    Detonator - Sold by the Mechanic (or the Demolitionist) for 5
    Item_73.png
    when the player acquires explosives for the first time - Left-click to make all triggerable explosives on-screen explode instantly. Right-click to detonate them with a 5-second delay.
  • sticky mine.png
    Sticky Mine - Crafted with 1
    Item_937.png
    and 5
    Gel.png
    - Fired by the Proximity Mine Launcher, sticks to anything it impacts, including enemies, NPCs and players, has a 3 second fuse and deals ~50 damage.
  • Magic Missile II.png
    Magic Missile II
    - Crafted with 1
    Item_113.png
    , 10
    Item_547.png
    and 10
    Item_548.png
    - Uses 20 50 mana, its projectile on impact makes an explosion as big as a dynamite of 3x3 tiles that destroys blocks and deals ~75 ~50 damage.
  • Super Explosive Bullet.png
    Super Explosive Bullet - Craft 10 of them with 10
    Item_1351.png
    and 5 15
    Item_167.png
    - Its 3x3 5x5 tile explosion destroys blocks and deals 15 damage.
Also, some tweaks to be done:
  • The Grenade Launcher
    Item_758.png
    has to be able to launch ACTUAL grenades
    Item_168.png
    Item_2586.png
    . Because, what's the point of a grenade launcher that can't launch grenades!?
  • Sticky Grenades
    Item_2586.png
    could have the ability to stick to enemies.

What do you think? Feel free to leave ideas. Criticism is welcome. :) Sprites made by me, myself and I (apart from the pre-existing ones :p). DMG points are subject to change.
A banner made by @darthmorf
explosive.png

Copy and paste this to your signature:
Code:
[URL=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/explosives.6642/][IMG]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/explosive-png.13641/[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
Why are you saying for the Sticky mine/grenade to stick to targets? They're meant to detonate upon contact with an entity.

The Magic Missile is pretty much the only item in the whole suggestion that would actually have a purpose.
As for the tweaks, the Grenade Launcher shouldn´t be changed, as that change would both reduce it´s versatility (Would lose the ability to break blocks and being able to have the blast radious changed depending on the available space), and, enev if it were to be done for realism, it wouldn´t even be so, considering that those aren´t the same kind of grenades.

index.php
Detonator - Sold by the Mechanic for 5
index.php
when the player acquires explosives for the first time - Left-click to make all triggerable explosives on-screen
Yeah, OK, sure. Saves a bit of wiring certainly, even if it only works on one item.

index.php
Sticky Mine - Crafted with 1
index.php
and 5
index.php
- Fired by the Proximity Mine Launcher, sticks to anything ti impacts, including enemies, NPCs and players, has a 3 second fuse and deals ~50 damage.
It's a bloody mine. It explodes in your face when you step on it. You're not supposed to use it with a detonator, or a make it stick to enemies. Its function is staring right at your face with that sprite. I'm talking about the red bit on top.

index.php
Magic Missile II
- Crafted with 1
index.php
, 10
index.php
and 10
index.php
- Uses 20 mana, its projectile on impact makes an explosion as big as a dynamite which deals ~75 damage.
No real issues, even with that high damage. Balance this around mech-tier stuff by increasing the use time though. That is to say, make it as slow as Sniper Rifle or slower.

index.php
index.php
and 5
index.php
- Its 3x3 tile explosion destroys blocks and deals 15 damage.
Add this with megashark(or above) and you can kiss any form of mining goodbye(barring HM ores). Too fast, even if it's expensive. Should be available post-plantera or something at the very least. To be honest I'm inclined to reject this completely. Rockets already fill the niche as exploding weapons that destroy blocks. Guns have too high a firing rate for this kind of job.

• The Grenade Launcher
    index.php
    has to be able to launch ACTUAL grenades
    index.php
    index.php
  • Sticky Grenades
    index.php
    could have the ability to stick to enemies.
#1 Pointless. It works fine now with rockets.
#2 The grenades work better when they explode upon contact. Sticky Grenades are meant to be as a sort of emergency mine.

Overpowered. You mean this is unlimited amount of flying controllable dynamite?
Hmm... you have a point there. I'll change something then.
Why are you saying for the Sticky mine/grenade to stick to targets? They're meant to detonate upon contact with an entity.
That would actually be kinda good, I mean watching the enemy run around in panic while waiting to explode.
Yeah, OK, sure. Saves a bit of wiring certainly, even if it only works on one item.

It's a bloody mine. It explodes in your face when you step on it. You're not supposed to use it with a detonator, or a make it stick to enemies. Its function is staring right at your face with that sprite. I'm talking about the red bit on top.

No real issues, even with that high damage. Balance this around mech-tier stuff by increasing the use time though. That is to say, make it as slow as Sniper Rifle or slower.

Add this with megashark(or above) and you can kiss any form of mining goodbye(barring HM ores). Too fast, even if it's expensive. Should be available post-plantera or something at the very least. To be honest I'm inclined to reject this completely. Rockets already fill the niche as exploding weapons that destroy blocks. Guns have too high a firing rate for this kind of job.

#2 The grenades work better when they explode upon contact. Sticky Grenades are meant to be as a sort of emergency mine.
  • Thanks.
  • There is a Proximity Mine Launcher. Why wouldn't it launch mines?
  • Ok, I'll balance it.
  • Gonna fix that.
  • #1 Why WOULDN'T a god damn grenade launcher LAUNCH GRENADES? I mean, c'mon!
    #2 As I stated above:
    theomichailidis said:
    That would actually be kinda good, I mean watching the enemy run around in panic while waiting to explode.

Thanks for the feedback.

View attachment 13541 Detonator - Sold by the Mechanic for 5 View attachment 13540 when the player acquires explosives for the first time - Left-click to make all triggerable explosives on-screen explode instantly. Right-click to detonate them with a 5-second delay.
Should be sold by the Demolitionist for obvious reasons. I can see a use for this though, both for creating tunnels and pvp. Or just blowing up something I build because I felt like it. /like
View attachment 13552 Sticky Mine - Crafted with 1 View attachment 13554 and 5 View attachment 13555 - Fired by the Proximity Mine Launcher, sticks to anything ti impacts, including enemies, NPCs and players, has a 3 second fuse and deals ~50 damage.
Don't the proximity mine launcher's mines already stick? Dunno, been a while since I used the thing. Perhaps the Cyborg can sell an extra ammo type then. Grenades for the PM Launcher and Grenade Launcher, both regular and sticky. Maybe even clusters.
View attachment 13556 Magic Missile II - Crafted with 1 View attachment 13557, 10 View attachment 13558 and 10 View attachment 13559 - Uses 20 mana, its projectile on impact makes an explosion as big as a dynamite which deals ~75 damage.
Turning a magic wand into a bazooka? Meh. I also don't like projectiles that destroy tiles.
View attachment 13571 Super Explosive Bullet - Craft 10 of them with 10 View attachment 13572 and 5 View attachment 13573 - Its 3x3 tile explosion destroys blocks and deals 15 damage.
I can already see Megashark users annoy the crap out of other people by destroying the landscape in a horribly fast fashion. No thanks.
The Grenade Launcher View attachment 13574 has to be able to launch ACTUAL grenades View attachment 13575 View attachment 13576.
Sticky Grenades View attachment 13576 could have the ability to stick to enemies.
As stated earlier, I wouldn't mind seeing the Cyborg sell special ammo for both the PM Launcher and GL. Using actual grenades? Makes just as much sense as using rockets. The launcher wouldn't get the pins out.

Hmm... you have a point there. I'll change something then.

• Thanks.
  • There is a Proximity Mine Launcher. Why wouldn't it launch mines?
  • Ok, I'll balance it.
  • Gonna fix that.
  • #1 Why WOULDN'T a god damn grenade launcher LAUNCH GRENADES? I mean, c'mon!
    #2 As I stated above:

Thanks for the feedback.
Because land mines and launched mines aren´t of the same kind.
The Grenade Launcher shouldn´t use grenades because they are hand grenades. Grenade launchers actually shoot what is more like a large shotgun shell with a single explosive slug, so it wouldn´t even be realistic.

Grenade launchers actually shoot what is more like a large shotgun shell with a single explosive slug, so it wouldn´t even be realistic.
I actually thought of that, I'll make it like this then.
[DOUBLEPOST=1417971599][/DOUBLEPOST]
Should be sold by the Demolitionist for obvious reasons. I can see a use for this though, both for creating tunnels and pvp. Or just blowing up something I build because I felt like it. /like

Don't the proximity mine launcher's mines already stick? Dunno, been a while since I used the thing. Perhaps the Cyborg can sell an extra ammo type then. Grenades for the PM Launcher and Grenade Launcher, both regular and sticky. Maybe even clusters.

Turning a magic wand into a bazooka? Meh. I also don't like projectiles that destroy tiles.

I can already see Megashark users annoy the crap out of other people by destroying the landscape in a horribly fast fashion. No thanks.

As stated earlier, I wouldn't mind seeing the Cyborg sell special ammo for both the PM Launcher and GL. Using actual grenades? Makes just as much sense as using rockets. The launcher wouldn't get the pins out.

Overpowered. You mean this is unlimited amount of flying controllable dynamite?
I edited the main post, balancing some stuff, check it out and tell me your opinion.

You can do this excellently enough with picks and other explosives anyway. The only valid reason that ammo should be scrapped is because it will make mining way too fast. Its speed will excel SDC with maxed out mining bonus, even with a simple minishark I think.

There is a Proximity Mine Launcher. Why wouldn't it launch mines?
#1 Why WOULDN'T a god damn grenade launcher LAUNCH GRENADES? I mean, c'mon!
Not everything needs an injection of realism into the game. Grenades have higher damage than the rockets for one, and I'm sure that will increase the base DPS by quite a bit, possibly exceeding its current tier. Nerfing the damage won't work because grenades are good enough on its own. The mines do as well. Each already have a niche in the game, leave it at that. I reject this as strongly as I would if someone makes a suggestion to add reloading/overheating into the game.
index.php
index.php
and 5 15
index.php
- Its 3x3 5x5 tile explosion destroys blocks and deals 15 damage.
Did you just make it worse? Oh wait, keep the old recipe and leave out the tile destruction.

index.php
Magic Missile II
- Crafted with 1
index.php
, 10
index.php
and 10
index.php
- Uses 20 mana, its projectile on impact makes an explosion as big as a dynamite of 3x3 tiles that destroys blocks and deals ~75 ~50 damage.
Oh god..... WHY?! Magic weapons don't need tile destruction.

That detonator looks a lot like something Element Animation put in their Terraria youtube series... Anyway, yeah this stuff is really cool!

Regarding the feedback, why you guys who criticize don't try to tell me how can I edit this suggestion so that it meets your expectations? Just for a change. :p

Not everything needs an injection of realism into the game. Grenades have higher damage than the rockets for one, and I'm sure that will increase the base DPS by quite a bit, possibly exceeding its current tier. Nerfing the damage won't work because grenades are good enough on its own. The mines do as well. Each already have a niche in the game, leave it at that. I reject this as strongly as I would if someone makes a suggestion to add reloading/overheating into the game.
Actually, as I pointed out, it wouldn´t even be realistic, as Grenades are hand grenades, which cannot be used from a launcher.

The detonator could be used only for played placed explosives or could also activate natural occurring exploding traps? (I love the idea of not having to put all the wire just blow things up)

Also, the tile destruction of the bullets can be... Spammed?
Let me explain my self a bit here, imagine 100 of these bullets fired from a megashark or Worst... From a chain gun. In a server...
Of course you can mine with a snowman Cannon and some rocket 2 or 4 but it's harder to spam the screen with explosions.

The magic missile II... I will be honest, I don't like it, it feels different from the progression arc in terraria, I know there are exceptions (like the night edge that gets upgraded) but the magic missile is not that emblematic.
I have an idea, what about... A wand, that you click somewhere in screen and one second (and a half) later it explodes and only a 3x3 area is destroyed but damage in a a bit larger area, can damage the player, have a use speed equal to the grenades or dynamite

Back
Top Bottom