tModLoader ExtraPets

solunareclipse1

Terrarian
Hello, and welcome to the official ExtraPets forum thread!

My goal with this mod is to add more pets and light pets, for those folks who like cosmetic stuff (like me)!
Anyway, download is on the tModLoader browser. Here is a direct link if you need it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qxad8axep93tkjg/ExtraPets.tmod?dl=0

A tuxedo cat (pet)
A technology ball (light pet)
A bunny made of wood (pet)
....and more to come!

Suggestions are welcome, but please only suggest things that fit these guidelines.

1.) No overly silly things. A good way to judge this is if it wouldn't be in vanilla, don't put it here.

2.) Don't use MS paint. MS Paint doesn't support transparency, so it will always have a white background.

3.) Keep the spritesheet as 1 column. Terraria reads it in 1 column, so please just do it.

4.) Keep it small. Within 32x32 per sprite/

5.) Pixels are not 1x1 in this game. In fact, they are 2x2. Make your thing, then scale it up.

6.) Remember: I am only human, and can only do so much. Dont harass me to respond, I may be busy with school.

CREDITS:
Re-Logic for making Terraria
Sol (me) for making this mod
Kazzymodus for helping me learn C#

Last edited:
I really think that the cat should be sold by the clothier when you have a Tuxedo in your inventory. Though this is A challenge, this allows you to "Spiffy Up" your cat friend.

Ah, thats a great idea! I'll try to put it in the next version, along with a fixed cat sprite so it doesn't clip into the ground :p

Hmm. I'll see. This whole sprite offset thing is pretty annoying, and I don't want to release a new version until it's fixed. If anyone can help me find my issue, that would be appreciated!

I made a sprite sheet of a pet called Pwekachu. After the great master who made it:D Sorry the pic is very small... :(
great.png

EDIT: I just realized I messed the sprite numbers up. 1st=Idle 2nd to

Last edited:
Uhh.... Thanks for the suggestion but.... no. Sorry. There are a few reasons.

1.) The sprite sheet must be 1 column. That's the way Terraria reads it.

2.) The frame sizes are uneven. Terraria can't change frame sizes on the fly.

3.) The sprite doesn't fit into what I want this mod to be. It is meant as a cosmetic mod, not a silly stuff mod.

4.) Too big. If I were to try to put it in now it would be far larger than the player. And a lot of enemies.

5.) I'm having trouble getting sprites to work correctly in the first place, let alone make a pet from scratch.

6.) Non-Transparent. Unless you want it to look like it's a piece of paper with a man drawn on it in game, you need to use something other than Paint.

Really sorry, but I just can't put it in. I should probably post guidelines on what suggestions I am looking for.

Reactions: 000
You could make sort of a demon pet with the summoning item called Scorched voodoo doll basically it is a demon that follows you around with a scythe over its back and you get it from killing a demon (low chance around 1-2%) or from crafting (23 hellstone + a guide voodoo doll) at a hellstone forge?

Alright. Sounds cool. Can't test anything currently, Terraria decided it doesn't want to open. Though I do think i finally fixed the cat!

Is the download updated because i can try if you want me to?
[doublepost=1476921039,1476920965][/doublepost]Also when you mean in one column what do you mean im not the best at coding so im not sure?

Terraria reads sprite files from top to bottom. Here is a sort of pseudo-picture of what it does.

|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|

So if you do this

[1][2]
[3][4]
[5][6]
[7][8]
[9]

it will read it like this

([][])=1
([][])=2
([][])=3
([][])=4
([] )=5

Does that make sense?

Here's an example of what I mean.
index.php
Hopefully you get the idea.

Edit: Also got my terraria working again. New file should be up today or tomorrow. Got a lot of freetime due to a 4 day weekend :D

Edit 2: YES! I HAVE DONE IT! I HAVE FIXED LE KITTEN!

Now all I need is someone who is good at spriting.

Last edited:
Dropbox has been updated! version 0.2 includes a new cat sprite and a fixed cat hitbox!

Looking for suggestions for 0.3!

Also, we have a discord if anyone wants to get on. Mainly so i can easily communicate with anyone who joins in on development :)

idk I have a idea not a good one. A pet that is a star and it acts like a light pet and hovers head level and when it flies it burns up. Recipe might be like 1 star core (star core is made from 20 stars at a demon altar) and a life crystal. Just came up with the idea so might not be the best

Back
Top Bottom