Mobile Failed download/install message on startup

micher

Terrarian
Hi!

Just installed new update (it is supposed to fix trial-reverting bug) , but now I just see infinite loading screen... There is message "Connecting to server" and shortly after that "Failed download/install".

What can I do ? My network is working fine.

Restart your phone if necessary. Also if you adjusted the time in the settings for whatever reason, set it to normal time.

Thanks for the answer, but restart didn't help. My date/time settings was never changed (set to auto-sync).

Any other ideas ?

Same issue....tried suggestions....spinning plant is all I see, along with server message and failed download / install error.

I finally gave up and reinstalled - now it works. Looks like i'm doing another fresh start.

Same issue here on a Google Nexus 7 (2013) running on Marshmallow 6.0.1.
I have tried various things to no avail. I have tried the deleting the OBB folder. I have also tried doing a Helium backup and then re-installing the game. The game will re-start then with no issue but the moment I restore to the old game saves it goes back to the 'failed install/download' issue.
It is a bit gutting because me and my to sons play on this together and it is the youngest boys, aged 6, tablet that has got the issue. He had just got it to hard mode too. Would love to know a work around.

Cheers Lex. I have done the same.
I might offer to send the backup file from Helium to them. They may be able to reproduce the problem themselves if they have a device with Helium installed.
[DOUBLEPOST=1452448362,1452448071][/DOUBLEPOST]Great now my other Son's version of Terraria glitched, lost his main world, and now has the 'cannot find exteral OBB' problem!
I am spending my life trying to sort this game out?!

Any news on this?

My Son's started again because of this problem and lost all their characters. Then would you believe it it has happened again.

Very frustrating. In fact one of them has moved to minecraft because of it and I wouldn't be surprised if the other Son doesn't so the same.

I have a solution!!!!!!

It works for the 'failed install/download' and the 'couldn't find obb data' issue.

After many hours of searching and trying different things I managed to piece together various bits of information and this is how I did it: -

1. Backup using Helium, there are various ways to back up but I used a PC and transferred back and forth from that. It also made it easier to browse the folders which is very handy for the further steps.

2. Delete Terraria from your device.

3. Install Terraria again and run it, just get it to the menu screen and then close it down.

3. Browse the folders on your device and find the Android folder, in there first go in to the obb folder and rename the Terraria folder, just add something like .bk to the end of the name, go back to the Android folder then in to the data folder and rename the Terraria folder in there.

4. Restore your backup in Helium to the new tablet.

5. Try and run it, within seconds it will error, close the app down.

6. Browse the folders again and go in to the folders as before, delete any new Terraria folders, rename the old ones back to what they were called (remove the .bk if that's all you added). If I re-call correctly I think it was only in the data folder that I had a new folder created.

7. Launch Terraria again and all your old stuff is there.

It is nice to know that I can repeat this process if neccessary because the 'failed download/install' issue has happened to my Son's versions of Terraria on 3 seperate occssions now.

I sincerely hope this works for everyone else too.

I'm so sad, it didn't work for me. I did your exact steps. The only different thing for me was that a new folder was created in both obb and data paths. I'm sick of waiting for 505 games to fix this!

new update just came out yesterday it completely fixed the problem for me check for the update

Lex I am really sorry to hear it hasn't worked for you.

Would you believe it happened AGAIN last night!?! Maybe you can believe it!

I repeated the steps and it didn't work, arrrgghh, but then I realised I missed out step 5 where I had to run Terraria again after the restore after which it would then error again. I tried again and, phew, it worked.

Another point to note is that after I re-installed Terraria and then restored it I couldn't see the new folders when I explored the device on the PC. I had to use the file explorer on the device to delete the new folders and the file explorer on the PC to re-name the folders.

This time it created new folders in both the data and the obb for me too.

Maybe following the process of deleting them on the device and re-naming on the PC may help?

Okay I'll give it another go. I really wonder what's causing this to happen.

Cheers RobP.
i think i know whats causing it.
when i run Terraria and go into settings and go into running and it says Terraria is running 2 processes and 1 service the processes are normal but the service is not the service is it trying to download a update but there is no update so it fails

Does knowing the cause help in finding an alternative solution?

I have had to buy a new Google Nexus for my Son as he cracked the screen on the last one and I have the 'failed download/install' on his new Nexus. My little work around with the changing of the folder names, etc doesn't appear to be working this time :(

I just started seeing this today on Android. Removing the OBB folder didn't help. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom