Weapons & Equip Forging Weapons and Accessories out of Full Armour Sets to Achieve Set Bonus

This originally came from the idea of extending the life, sort of, of Chlorophyte armour. The Set Bonus of the Leaf Crystal is very useful, however not everyone likes that armour set, and there are better ones later on.
So my idea is that you can take a full set, and smelt it down and reforge it into a weapon or accessory that gives you that set's bonus.

Leaf Crystal would be a summon similar to a Light Pet, and function like it would if you were wearing it normally.
Or perhaps you could summon the Crystals to Posts, like Sentry Style Summons.

Turtle Shield
Based on the Turtle Armour, would be an accessory that reflects melee damage to the attacker.

Miner's Lantern
Condenses the Mining Armour to a single summon Light Pet that also grants the buff of wearing the full set.

Crimson Heart
Based on Crimson armour, an accessory that greatly increases health regen (when activated player will pulse faster while healing just as you would while wearing the armour)

Shroomite Bandolier
A Bandolier/Belt that will put the player in stealth whilst not-moving/not-attacking. (stealth attacks get a damage bonus)

I know this sounds very OP in some cases, which is why I haven't put any particulars as far as damage or anything. I figure those are negotiable and as well being worked out with ReForging

This would be nice, especially since there are some armor set effects that I really like but become outclassed rather quickly. So long as the accessories recipes are tier-gated appropriately of course.

Tier-Gated?
The idea was you simply took that full set, and a few other things, maybe souls or something biome specific, or some more ore
and combine all of it together, essentially smelting down the whole set of armour into a weapon or something

well :red:...
how about...Crimplate Heart? It looks like a heart made from Crimson Armour (the armour is formed into that shape)

Tier-Gated?
The idea was you simply took that full set, and a few other things, maybe souls or something biome specific, or some more ore
and combine all of it together, essentially smelting down the whole set of armour into a weapon or something
I didn't think about the fact that they gate themselves. Seems pretty silly looking back.

i don't know what that means? :/
To gate something just means to make sure players don't get it too early. Like how when hardmode was first inroduced, you could run to the dungeon and grab a shadowbeam staff if you were lucky. Now it's gated by the new type of dungeon enemies not being spawned until at least after Plantera is beaten.

ah yeah, if that's what it means, then definitely as it requires gear you unlock at different tiers or whatever. I want to stagger the crafting so you dont immediately craft it as soon as you get the armour, perhaps requiring a bit more from other sources or a bit later on. This is to make sure you wore and used that gear and know what it's like and later unlock recipes to turn them into stuff.

this is so you can say, be a wicked mining machine like with the mining suit, without getting ganked in hardmode or whatever because of its crap DEF

the only other option i can see is taking those kinds of armours and upgrading them to some evolved hardmode endgame versions.
but weapons and Accessories make it easier to mix and match with your own playstyle

RrTjg3X.png

Introducing Hard Mode Environment Mining Suit !
Has the same abilities as Neptune Shell/Arctic Diving Gear (Sea-light (increased visibility in water) unlimited underwater breathing, Swimming, Ice stability, Chilled Immunity) Lava Waders (Allows Water Walking, Lava Walking)
Allows Unlimited Lava Immunity, Lava swimming.
Has the buff of wearing full Mining Armor including the light. Vastly increased mining Speed, Hammer speed, Ax Speed
DEF of 48
In water movement is aided by little jet effects. Similar to rocket boots. or wearing a Jetpack.
Immunity to Fire and Ice.

Each piece has light buff
Walking and swimming perks are tied to the boots. (15% mining speed)
Chest piece has the most armour and immunities (15% Mining speed)
Helmet has the breathability buffs

Back
Top Bottom