Portfolio/Multi-Topic Fortanono's Project: The Unholy Trinity (WIP)

Fortanono 🌳

Retinazer
Yes, this is a wannabe Tobbvald's Tinkering. :dryadtongue: But it's far from a ripoff. So don't worry.

Anyway, guys, I just had an epiphany. I've seen some great suggestions for alt biomes, such as the Confection and all of the Tobbvald's Tinkering biomes (yes, including the Cyber). However, I just realized something: Do we need an alt Hallow? The Hallow's theme is light, but at its core, its theme is actually deception. Another evil. Sure, we could have the Cyber or Confection and call the Hallow a "good" biome along with the extra biome that opposes the Crimson, but at the end of the day, the Hallow is just as "evil" as the rest. So my idea is instead of adding another whole biome to oppose the Crimson because "the Hallow doesn't fit it", how about we embrace the 3 biomes we have already?

Just like Tobbvald's Tinkering, we'll end up with 3 alternate playthroughs that are all different. But instead of 6 different biomes (Heaven knows how long that'll take), we'll have 3. And we will combine the 3 in various ways to make these playthroughs. Here is the rundown of everything that will be in this project:
  • Hallow is one of the 3 possibilities for the "evil" biome that spawns at worldgen. It will have its own chasms, Shadow Orb-like structures and even its own boss.
  • After defeating the Wall of Flesh, 2 biomes will spawn. However, they will NOT be one "evil" and one "good", they will instead depend on what biome was generated in the first place.
  • If your world has Corruption, it will gain Hallow. If it has Crimson, it will gain Corruption. And if it has Hallow, it will gain Crimson.
  • The bars dropped from mechs will be based on the biome that spawned after defeating the WoF. For example, in a Hallow-Crimson world, they will drop Crimson Bars.
  • Eventually, 3 different playstyles will be formed, eventually uniting for ultimate gear (like Tobbvald's Ria).
I will post my progress here:
  • Create a thread talking about the pre-Hardmode Hallow.
  • Create a thread discussing changes to the 2 current pre-Hardmode biomes.
  • Create a thread about changes to early Hardmode.
  • Create a thread talking about late-game and how the 3 playthroughs "unify".
Also, I dunno how to sprite, can some people sign up? I will be very happy if you did. :dryadwink:

Peace out!

sounds really cool. i've always thought the hallow could use it's own boss and maybe chasm/shadow orb versions. im kinda lousy at spriting, but if you give me specific ideas to sprite, i could give it a shot. i think this is a more creative idea than making a new biome, although that's pretty creative too.

sounds really cool. i've always thought the hallow could use it's own boss and maybe chasm/shadow orb versions. im kinda lousy at spriting, but if you give me specific ideas to sprite, i could give it a shot. i think this is a more creative idea than making a new biome, although that's pretty creative too.
Thanks for your support! I will be putting up the first thread today (hopefully), and you can totally help sprite!

Honestly, I don't think the Hallow's theme is deception. Think about what the character has done to the world. From the get-go, you start slaughtering the beings of Terraria. Think about all the slimes you kill just walking around. Honestly, I think it's the world of Terraria trying to restore balance with itself, considering you literally just massacre everything.

Honestly, I don't think the Hallow's theme is deception. Think about what the character has done to the world. From the get-go, you start slaughtering the beings of Terraria. Think about all the slimes you kill just walking around. Honestly, I think it's the world of Terraria trying to restore balance with itself, considering you literally just massacre everything.
More like its another force trying to control Terraria, just like the two evils. Wouldn't the Hallow be much more Purity based if it was trying to restore balance? You, the player, are the one trying to restore balance by cleansing the Hallow and Corruption/Crimson :p

On-topic, I like the idea a lot, looking forward to how it'll turn out!

More like its another force trying to control Terraria, just like the two evils. Wouldn't the Hallow be much more Purity based if it was trying to restore balance? You, the player, are the one trying to restore balance by cleansing the Hallow and Corruption/Crimson.
So, by massacring all of the creatures on the planet, you restore balance? Doesn't it seem a bit strange how, after killing basically everything at least once, Terraria decides to literally start throwing these super-badass enemies at you in an attempt to stop you?

So, by massacring all of the creatures on the planet, you restore balance? Doesn't it seem a bit strange how, after killing basically everything at least once, Terraria decides to literally start throwing these super-badass enemies at you in an attempt to stop you?
You're not massacring living creatures, you defend yourself against the evils corrupting Terraria. The Wall of Flesh was a temporary, leaky seal on the spirits of light and dark, releasing them and allowing them to strengthen the evils of the world allows you to destroy them once and for all.

You're not massacring living creatures, you defend yourself against the evils corrupting Terraria. The Wall of Flesh was a temporary, leaky seal on the spirits of light and dark, releasing them and allowing them to strengthen the evils of the world allows you to destroy them once and for all.
Think of all the bunnies you've killed.
Slimes.
Heck, Demon Eyes could be a native creature to the Terrarian planet.
You literally kill everything in sight.

@Zoomo has something on TO about this.

You could pull this off! I can't wait to see the end product!
I know that. But I think I can pull this off differently. DarthEnderX (I think) has one too. And both of those were about the fact that darkness shouldn't spawn without light, but here I'm treating the Hallow like a third darkness. (Besides, has Zoomo done any pre-Hardmode Cyber stuff? I don't think he cares. :p)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom