Gama's Art Thread

Sombyr

Retinazer
I'm back! (but probably only temporarily. Expect me to drop off the planet at any moment again.)
The main post in this thread will not be updated anymore. Sorry, it just takes too much time and mental energy I don't have. Scroll through the posts to find any updates.
As soon as I have a better place to post my art, I'll be posting it there instead.

On the off chance anybody here follows me anywhere else, you may have noticed that I dropped off the face of the internet for a few years. In fact, during that time, I didn't really leave the house either. I was not in a good place for those years, and I really want to explain why, whether or not it's suited to an art thread. I'll spare the details, but here's the important bits:

I have been diagnosed with Bipolar 1 with psychosis, and
I am transgender.

I'm not comfortable with fully revealing everything, but what I am willing to say is that throughout my life I have been exposed to many traumatizing incidents, so I was already on a downward spiral. Discovering I was transgender was something only accelerated my descent. It was when that happened that everything fell apart. Half my family doesn't want anything to do with me anymore, including many people I looked up to and depended on. Most people within that half that even talk to me anymore are primarily interested in "fixing" me. This all hit the fan about 4 years ago. Unfortunately, it happened to be at that exact same time that my Bipolar was also discovered.

The short of the Bipolar bit is that I have extreme and relatively rapid mood swings. I experience a full cycle, from depression to mania, over the course of a single month. Additionally, during the highs and the lows, I also experience paranoia, vivid hallucinations, and delusions. At this point, I am properly medicated and am mostly under control. Sometimes, however, the meds don't work as well, and during these periods, I tend to cut off most of the world and by consequence, most forms of help I could receive. This especially happens during stressful events. For anyone worried, it should be noted that I live with people who keep a close eye on my, and have frequent psychiatric appointments to keep track of everything and make sure I don't do anything stupid. To be honest, I feel that others are more dangerous to me than I am to myself at this point.

And... that's about it really. On a less relevant note, I would like to mention that I've been writing a book (several actually) as a coping mechanism. One of these I will make sure gets released some way or another, but I can't make any promises about anything else. It's possible you may have seen me make reference to a project I was working on before. That would be said book. I've been working on it for close to 6 years now (longer than all this has been going on) so it really only has undertones of any of this. It will likely be a few more years before it gets released.

Normally, I would end something like this with an apology for rambling and giving TMI, but honestly, I can't care anymore. There is a lot more going on than what I have stated here, especially since I haven't even gotten into conditions that haven't yet been diagnosed. I don't know if I've made any sense, and I don't care. I've said what I've said.

About Requests:

I no longer do requests except in special circumstances. The reason being that I am simply under too much stress daily nowadays due to numerous mental illnesses, physical issues, projects I've been working on for years, and various other things. I barely have the ability to create new works that I want to, let alone what others want to see.

Q. What equipment do you use?
A. Krita and a laptop with active pen support are what I normally use.

Q. Where did you learn to draw?
A. I just looked at things and drew them until I stopped being terrible (that took a really long time.) I did use some youtube tutorials when starting out, though.

To reiterate: newer art pieces (anything posted on and after 2020 especially) will not be in these links.
Clicking a preview will bring you to the image, and clicking a header will take you to a gallery of all the images in that category (Excluding Requests.)

Minimal art is actually surprisingly easy to do. I should note though that I tend to use pre-existing art as a stencil/base image of sorts for these. Not everything translates to minimalist art well, though, especially detailed images.

Minimal Requests:

These are completed request for minimalist art.

My other random arts. There could be almost any other art I've done that I like. I don't include requests here.
Pekxb3Q.png

777nIxb.png
H8MR9vY.png

aqQfaBs.png
dn7CaRN.png

oSCXl5x.png

You'll notice a lot of pixels here. That is because this is pixel art.
No previews here! All these images are already demonstrated in all their glory.

Because I couldn't label my requests in the above area, here are all requests and who requested them.

For Darthmorf:
kgOUj6d.png

For RoboTT:
crk0q7L.png

This is all old art that I didn't feel demonstrated my artistic ability. I still wanted people to be able to see them.

j17Z6vF.png

foJTw0V.png

eUaCckU.png

uq3vIqj.png

So there ya go. Hope you like it, and feel free to make any comments you want. All feedback is appreciated![/spoiler][/spoiler]

Last edited:
Nice work on the pixel arts!
I`d suggest making changes for the line width at your other arts though.

Nice work on the pixel arts!
I`d suggest making changes for the line width at your other arts though.
Thanks!
The thing about the line width: I use a mouse to do my digital art, so the lines are really jagged when I use thin lines. I'm thinking of getting an art tablet sometime soon to fix that.

I was working on something a little random. Red Joker form from Megaman Starforce 3.
VBhqdBM.png

Normally, I don't do humanoid pixel art, but I had a purpose for this. Rather not go into it at the moment, though.
Oh, and I never did share the image from my avatar here, did I?
PDY3P2l.png

Didn't put much work into that one, honestly.

EDIT: Made some modifications:
777nIxb.png

Last edited:
I got my Intuos tablet yesterday. I've been sketching for 9 hours straight, trying to get a feel for it.
I started by drawing wisps, since they're so easy to draw, and at the same time, so cool looking.
This was the first:
TA4q4Q9.png

Above is the first drawing made on my tablet. Done completely from scratch.

UQeljAU.png

This one is a re-drawing of one of my old ones.

Vz2y1og.png

Lastly, I tried something out of my comfort zone. It turned out better than it could have.

Back
Top Bottom