tAPI Getting Started with Modding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there by any chance you can share me all of the codes for your item/projectile?
Sho.
But I can't upload jsons, so here:

{
"displayName" : "Kidney",
"size" : [15, 15],
"aiStyle" : 1,
"damage" : 7
}

Attachments

• Kidney.png
    Kidney.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 179
Can I see the Item's JSON too? And if you have any, the .cs code also?
{
"maxStack" : 999,
"value" : [0, 0, 5, 0],
"rare" : 1,
"tooltip" : "'May or may not be illegal'",
"ammo" : "Kidney",
"ranged" : true,
"damage" : 7,
"consumable" : true,

"recipes" :
[{
"items" : { "Dirt Block": 5 },
"tiles" : [ "Work Bench" ],
"creates" : 5
}]
}

{
"maxStack" : 999,
"value" : [0, 0, 5, 0],
"rare" : 1,
"tooltip" : "'May or may not be illegal'",
"ammo" : "Kidney",
"ranged" : true,
"damage" : 7,
"consumable" : true,

"recipes" :
[{
"items" : { "Dirt Block": 5 },
"tiles" : [ "Work Bench" ],
"creates" : 5
}]
}

Sorry, but could I have to request the code for the item that fires that projectile?

Sorry, but could I have to request the code for the item that fires that projectile?
Ah.
{
"displayName": "Kidney Blaster",
"size" : [60,28],
"maxStack": 1,
"value": [0,50,0,0],
"rare": 7,
"tooltip": "'Never mind where we got the ammo'",
"useStyle": 5,
"useAnimation": 20,
"useTime": 20,
"damage": 52,
"knockback": 5,
"autoReuse": false,
"noMelee": true,
"shoot": "MundusNovum:Kidney",
"shootSpeed": 20,
"useAmmo": "MundusNovum:Kidney",
"ranged": true,

"recipes":
[{
"items": { "Illegal Gun Parts": 1, "Vertebrae": 20 },
"tiles": [ "Work Bench" ],
"creates": 1
}]
}

I just looked through and tested your codes out, and there seems to be no problem with the projectile's code, it shoots the projectile just fine. Sorry I couldn't help you out any better.

I just looked through and tested your codes out, and there seems to be no problem with the projectile's code, it shoots the projectile just fine. Sorry I couldn't help you out any better.
My bad, the problem is that the projectile doesn't do any damage. Sorry for being cryptic.

Hi berber, im currently working on the shield stuff to creat some "prototipes" or better called "Test shields".
But i want to create an animation like if the shield where on the player
appearance. ¿How should i do the animation and that stuff?
Same as the armor.. ¿Do you have some tutorial from some spriter who shows us how the armor texture goes and that stuff?

And also another interrogant. ¿What should i call for example: "RandomWeaponName.png" instead of "Random Weapon Name.png". ¿Does this same issua appear in accesories and armors?
Thanks.

Hi berber, im currently working on the shield stuff to creat some "prototipes" or better called "Test shields".
But i want to create an animation like if the shield where on the player
appearance. ¿How should i do the animation and that stuff?
Same as the armor.. ¿Do you have some tutorial from some spriter who shows us how the armor texture goes and that stuff?

And also another interrogant. ¿What should i call for example: "RandomWeaponName.png" instead of "Random Weapon Name.png". ¿Does this same issua appear in accesories and armors?
Thanks.
The shield question should be answered by the above post.

And yes, the file name for the weapon should have no spaces, like:
"RandomWeaponName"

Make sure your json includes the line:
Code:
"textureShield": "Items/ShieldName_Texture"
and if the texture is in any more directories (subfolders), be sure to add them to this line.

View attachment 29650 View attachment 29650 Here you go. You name it nameofyourshield_Texture.

The shield question should be answered by the above post.

And yes, the file name for the weapon should have no spaces, like:
"RandomWeaponName"

Make sure your json includes the line:
Code:
"textureShield": "Items/ShieldName_Texture"
and if the texture is in any more directories (subfolders), be sure to add them to this line.

Thank you both :D

Sorry for disturbing @Boomber893 , ¿but do you have an example or an armor template?.

Sorry for disturbing @Boomber893 , ¿but do you have an example or an armor template?.
Sorry but i don't. Usually when i do sprite sheets i make them on other sprite sheets. So if I would have to do shield I would paint my shield on this picture i posted earlier.

Sorry but i don't. Usually when i do sprite sheets i make them on other sprite sheets. So if I would have to do shield I would paint my shield on this picture i posted earlier.
Wow I just realized how stupid I was. I was thinking you wanted an thing I posted earlier but with white shield. I'm sorry. Here you go:
LavaLeggings_Legs.png
Lava Armor Helm_Head.png
Lava Armor Body_Body.png
Lava Armor Body_Arm.png

Wow I just realized how stupid I was. I was thinking you wanted an thing I posted earlier but with white shield. I'm sorry. Here you go:View attachment 29731 View attachment 29733 View attachment 29734 View attachment 29735
No no its ok dont worry you're helping me pretty much.
Its because
Im starting to work on a simple "Content pack" mod.
Currently i only got 2 Pre-Hard Alloys (Bronze) & (Mighty Metal) so im finding how to work propperly on the equipment.

This is getting really annoying, as I have followed everything you've said (Put the two files together) and I keep getting this error:
TAPI.Mods+LoadException: Chazm's Miscellaneous Mod.tapi: TAPI.Mods+LoadException: Json "JsonData object" Missing default texture: Items/Weapons/ModInfo
at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.PropTexture(JsonData j, String key, IDictionary`2 dict, String defaultKey)
at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.HandleItem(ModBase modBase, JsonData j, String fname)
at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.Handle(ModBase modBase)
at TAPI.Mod.<Load>b__0(BinBuffer bb)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mod.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()
Help right now would take all my worries off my back because I've even checked the files of MoreTools Weapons Mod and I've done exactly the same as them yet I have no success what so ever...i need it URGENTLY so I can continue, otherwise I'm just going to be stuck in a loophole forever...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom