Biomes & Nature Glowworm Cave Mini-Biome! -Sprites- (BfTO!)

Dakota Spine

Headless Horseman
(Sprites made transparent by xXAwesomeNinjaXx. Thanks to him! ))

Hey guys, Dakota here! Terraria has tons of cool thing to find and search, and different sights to see. And the Underground has tons of things to offer to! Bee Hives in the Jungle, caverns with different backgrounds and moss, Spider Dens, and Crystal Caves. And one thing that could be added to give the Underground a wonderous feel? Glowworm Caves!

Appearance

A Glowworm Cave is a small cavern with droops of Neon Blue on the roof, along with many Stalagtites. The background wall is speckled with dots of sparkling Cyan. And along the floor is a glowing pool of Neon Blue liquid that brightly glows the same. Drops fall from the ceiling, the same color as the goop on the ground. It appears similar in structure to a Bee Hive from the Jungle.

Contents

-Glowworms
On the roof are Glowworms. They stick to the ceiling, and can move around on them similar to Snails, only they can move left and right, and cannot climb down walls. They have 5 Health Each, and spawn in small numbers from time to time.
Glowworm.png

They can be used in Fishing, but have a small bait power of 10%, due to the fact they will spawn uncommonly in the Glowworm Cave.

-Cyan Jellyfish
Found in the Glowing Sludge, Cyan Jellyfish sometimes swim around.
Cyan Jellyfish.png

They can be caught as well by fishing in it, and put into Cyan Jellyfish Jars.
Jellyfish Bowl.png

Glowing Sludge

Like mentioned before, Glowing Sludge spawns in the Glowworm Caves.

-Glowing Sludge Bucket
The Glowing Sludge can also be put into a Bucket and replaced elsewhere.
Glowing Sludge Bucket.png

It slows you down to the same speed as if in Honey. It also has the same Restoration Property of Honey, but slowly regens Mana.

-Glowing Block
If Glowing Sludge comes in contact with any other Liquid, it becomes a Glowing Block.
Glowing Block.png

It lets off a gentle Cyan light. It also slows you down when you walk over it.

-Glowing Sludge Bottle
It can be put into a Bottle in the same fashion as Honey and Water.
Glowing Sludge Bottle.png

Bottled Glowing Sludge has two functions.

1: Can be drank to restore 80 Mana.

2: Can be mixed with Blinkroot and Moonglow at an Alchemy Table to make a Gleam Potion.
Gleam Potion.png

This is a buffed up Shine Potion that allows you player to guide a Controlable Light around them by holding the Left Mouse button. Like a Magic Missile that can go through walls. The light becomes weaker the farther away from you it is, and the lower your Mana is. It lasts for 5 minutes.

Enemies

-Glowing Slime
Sometimes, during Hardmode, a Glowing Slime can spawn from Glowing Sludge, but only in front of the Special Background.
Glowing SlimeTest.png

They let off a light, similar to Magma Slimes, only the light is Cyan. They have 150 health, and drop 5-10 Gel. They rarely drop a tile of Glowing Sludge when killed.

-Glowing Bat

Glowing Bats can also spawn around and in the Glowworm Caves during Hardmode.
Glowing Bat.png
(Sprite by Scarecrow)
As you could imagine, they emit the Cyan Light that most everything else does. They each have 100 health each. They, unlike Glowing Slimes, do not drop Tiles of Glowing Sludge upon death.

Weapons

Finally, there are some weapons to get from the Glowworm Cave.

First is the Sludge Staff
Sludge Staff.png

It is a Summoner Weapon that brings out a Glowing Sludge Slime.
Glowing Sludge Slime.png

It is crafted with 50 Stone, 5 Bottled Glowing Sludge, and 10 Glowing Blocks.

It does 7 Summon Damage, and shoots globs of goop that do 5. It takes 10 Mana to summon.

Then there is the Plasm Rod.
Plasm Rod.png

It is not crafted, but found in Glowing Chests, which contain all the normal contents of an Underground Chest, but can sometimes contain the Plasm Rod.
Glowing Chest.png

It is a Pre-Hardmode Magnet Sphere, sending out an orb that deals 16 Damage by shooting out sprays of Glowing Sludge that move at the same rate as a Waterbolt. It will fall to the ground after 5 seconds.

Closing

That is about if for the Glowworm Cave! Be sure to tell me what you guys think! Anyway, thanks for reading. Dakota, out!

Last edited:
ok... if its i mini-biome dont needs a sludge staff only for them but its a "mini-biome" no a biome!!!!

Well, the Hive has a Boss, and a whole Summoner Tier. The Spider Den has a powerful Grappling Hook. Both are Mini-Biomes!
The entire "hive is a biome" thing is arguable, I think its more like a generated structure.

And the Spider Dens also have their own summoning gear as well.

I think half the summoning armors in the game come from these "minibiomes"

- Yep, they do. They also happen to be the only viable summoner armors early game, the others being Post Plantera armors, one from the Pumpkin moon.

The entire "hive is a biome" thing is arguable, I think its more like a generated structure.

And the Spider Dens also have their own summoning gear as well.

I think half the summoning armors in the game come from these "minibiomes"

- Yep, they do. They also happen to be the only viable summoner armors early game, the others being Post Plantera armors, one from the Pumpkin moon.

Perhaps so. And I forgot about the spider set to be honest.

But yeah, Mini-Biomes can have their own content.

mini-biomes needs original items and no modified existent items like the sludge staff! all slimes drop the slime staff!
Thanks! I will add them when I get the chance.
and i can make sprites for you if needs!

and the glowcave needs to be a mushroom mini-biome but already have a glowing biome in the cave zone

mini-biomes needs original items and no modified existent items like the sludge staff! all slimes drop the slime staff!

But that is a summoning weapon. Just like the Sludge Staff. Just like every other summoner weapon.

And I don't need sprites a this point, the idea is complete.

dude summoning weapons its only for biomes and dungeons. the slime staff its the item for all slimes you cannot make this!!
and summoner weapons spawn a original monster no a slime monster.
you needs make original things.
and finally talk if its a mushroom sided biome.

dude summoning weapons its only for biomes and dungeons. the slime staff its the item for all slimes you cannot make this!!

What? Is this some unwritten rule? Sludges are related, so what?

Well, it's staying a Sludge Staff. It isn't a big deal in the first place. Sludges are different enough from Slimes, so they are able to work. If they were just blue slimes, it would be a different story. But having something like a Slimer staff, or even a Spiked Jungle Slime staff, they would be different enough to work. This is no different.

and the glowcave needs to be a mushroom mini-biome but already have a glowing biome in the cave zone

1) Can you please use grammar? Its very hard to understand anything you say.
2) I'm not entirely sure if you actually READ the thing on the Sludge Staff.
3) Just because we have a slime staff does not mean we cannot have a Sludge staff, I have no idea how you're making up all these rules.
4) I think we established that half the Summoner armors COME FROM MINIBIOMES. Along with one of the two "turret" minion staffs, the other being very much post-plantera.
5) "You need to make original things" Okay, yeah, sure, it's not like the Crimson and the Corruption are based off one another... Or the fact that most slimes are just recolors with different stats... etc.

I could go on but I don't really feel a need to.

1) Can you please use grammar? Its very hard to understand anything you say.
2) I'm not entirely sure if you actually READ the thing on the Sludge Staff.
3) Just because we have a slime staff does not mean we cannot have a Sludge staff, I have no idea how you're making up all these rules.
4) I think we established that half the Summoner armors COME FROM MINIBIOMES. Along with one of the two "turret" minion staffs, the other being very much post-plantera.
5) "You need to make original things" Okay, yeah, sure, it's not like the Crimson and the Corruption are based off one another... Or the fact that most slimes are just recolors with different stats... etc.

I could go on but I don't really feel a need to.
1) i,m brazilian
2) the crimson and corruption are counter parts
3) yes summoner "WEAPONS" and not pet spawners!

Back
Top Bottom