GrymWorks - Buildings, Creations and Whatnot

OFF

Spazmatism
Hello Everybody! My name on the forum is OFF and this is my thread, dedicated to the (sometimes weird) things I build within Terraria. Welcome!
I'm not new to the game and by now I have quite the number of hours in Terraria, still, I think I have a lot to learn when it comes to buildings, so your feedback and suggestions are HIGHLY appreciated, don't be scared of giving your opinions, good or bad, ok?

Now before anyone asks about the thread title, Grym is the name of the character I use for the most time in the game and the one that I use when I build so there, name explained. Also GrymWorks has a nice sound.

Well, let's go back on the main theme, shall we? BUILDS! like this!
Guide_House.jpg

This is one of the first houses i created in 1.3, One of the things i like to do in this game is to adapt my buildings to the terrain formation and when I saw one of those caves (or tunnels? how would you call those?) you can find on the surface I said "well, wouldn't be swell to have a small and comfy house up there?" Anyway don't ask me what I wrote on that sign there because I can't remember, last time I entered the map, that thing wasn't there anymore (and this sounds slightly creepy).

dragon_shrine.png
Emerald_Sword.png

Now, sometimes I like to build Decorative and completely, utterly useless stuff. Like these two up here (and If someone is wandering, yes the sword is a reference to the song "Emerald Sword" by Rhapsody :D)

Shrine_to_ancestors.png

or this small, vaguely oriental-styled shrine. It's so simple, yet I think it has it's charm.

Natural_Bridge.png

Bridge_Tundra.png

BRIDGES! for both of these two, I have to thank you guys of the forum, especially @Khaios for the extremely good advices that were given to me. THANKS!

Reflection_Pond.png

Another purely decorative build (seriously what's wrong with me?) I like to call this one "the pond of reflection". It give a sense of calm

Capture_2016_01_13_18_02_27.png

This one is a weird item, a kind of fusion between medieval and modern. What I'm sure of is, that I love how the Workshop came out (and I'm still wondering why gemspark blocks don't count as light source). And speaking about workshops...

2015_09_22_00001.jpg

Capture_2016_02_17_20_18_11.jpg

For some arcane reason, I REALLY like to build this kind of room/housing.

sky_greenhouse.jpg

A greenhouse! and it's floating in the sky! It's worthy to mention that despite i build one of these in every world, I never bother to grow stuff inside them. Yay for being a big n00b!

Trophy_room.jpg

An underground Trophy room with a small treasure room attached. You can reach it by activating switches. Guess where's the entrance, tho :)
On a note, I'm not totally satisfied with the lighting and walling of the trophy room, but I can't quite figure out how to fix it. suggestions?

Capture_2015_10_30_02_08_09.png

Now THIS one was fun to build! a huge mechanical tower. And it really works! (kinda)

Wepraiseit.png

Talking about huge builds, this one is my latest creation. My only comment is "Praise the sun!"

That's it, at least for now! I'll try to keep the thread updated, posting new items as soon as I finish them. I Hope you enjoyed the view, and if not, feel free to write it here. As I already said, comments, opinions and suggestions are not only welcome but encouraged! See you around the forum!

Wow! It's fantastic to see how much your build style has grown ^.^ Great job! Very nice builds!

I like these, look nice and colourful! But the favorite is this clockwork tower, it's especially well done. Nice job. ;з

I like these, look nice and colourful! But the favorite is this clockwork tower, it's especially well done. Nice job. ;з
thank you! yeah at the moment the tower is my favourite as well, took a lot of time to build and I had a lot of fun building it, especially in wiring the cogs, to give the idea of movement (and good thing that they don't show, I can assure it's a mess in there :D )

YAY an update! This time it's a throne! a BIG one! This started as an homage to the videogame series "Legacy of Kain" but when I reached a certain point, I felt satisfied with what I was looking at
Capture_2016_02_19_00_14_44.png

The ruins of an ancient giant throne, perhaps the last testimony of a long forgotten kingdom. Maybe someday a hero will emerge, restoring this land to its former glory? ;)
Seriously though, I'm now thinking about making a restored version.

and the result? here it is
Capture_2016_02_24_17_52_54.png

and yes, they reach the sky, going up to the space layer :D
Speaking of Sky, I decided to build a sky city, for relocating at least the most important NPCs when HardMode comes.
Capture_2016_02_24_17_37_17.png

This is the first building of the city, a house for Wizard and Dye Trader. It has quite an exotic look, somewhat recalling middle east's fantasy buildings.

Capture_2016_02_24_17_41_22.png
and this is the teleport to reach the city. I think I'll make different varieties of these, themed with their destinations.

And that's all for now! As always suggestions and opinions are well accepted ^^

1st image looks like pillars from LoK: Soul Reaver.
All this stuff are awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: OFF
1st image looks like pillars from LoK: Soul Reaver.
All this stuff are awesome.
It's indeed an homage to the pillars of Nosgoth. That game series was good, an all-time favourite of mine. Also, thank you, everybody, your appreciation means a lot to me!

thank you! ^^
By the way, at the moment I've been somewhat busy with other stuff (...and WoW, shame on me!) so I won't be posting new builds for a bit. Don't worry though, I won't vanish!

Back
Top Bottom