NPCs & Enemies Head of Cthulhu Boss

Before anything, YES. This is allowed as a suggestion. So before you go off saying Cthulhu bosses aren't allowed, you're wrong.
Loki stated:
"Do not create any suggestions for a final, whole, or complete Cthulhu boss. The developers are well aware of the desire a portion of the community has for this idea and no further feedback on the matter is necessary for now. Suggestions related to existing and new disembodied parts of Cthulhu are unaffected by this policy and still allowed."
This is the HEAD of Cthulhu, a disembodied of Cthulhu, not whole, therefore allowed as a suggestion.

index.php

THE BOSS:
index.php

Summoning Item:
costume1.png
The Tooth of Cthulhu
"Even a true warrior fears of this in their hands"

Phase 1:

Head.gif

Phase 2
(The eyepatch flew off and the bandage rips off a little):

head2.gif

An eye is missing due to how you fight the Eye of Cthulhu in-game. :)
There's a bandage covering a cavity in his head due to how you fight the Brain of Cthulhu in-game. :)

Max Life: 55000/55000
index.php

Phase 2 Life: 27500/55000
index.php

Defense: 60
Damage: 230

Minion:

bat.gif

Bat AI
Max Life: 200/200
index.php

Defense: 10
Damage: 35

index.php

GORE:

Eyepatch (from the transformation of phase 1 to phase 2):
costume2.png

costume1.png
x4

Phase 2 Death:

costume4.png
(If Bandage of Cthulhu isn't dropped)
costume8.png
x3
costume10.png
x4
costume7.png
x2
costume9.png
x2
costume11.png
x7
costume5.png
x2

index.php

DROPS:

100%
index.php
Greater Healing Potion 15-25

14.29%
index.php
Head of Cthulhu Mask x1

10% Inventory:
index.php
Placed:
index.php
Head of Cthulhu Trophy x1

30%
index.php
Bandage of Cthulhu x1
Accessory
Restores 5 health every 5 seconds
If dropped the 1st Phase 2 Death gore sprite will not appear when killed, instead this.
Reduces 90% of seconds of all Debuffs
Promotes 10% of all Buffs
Sell: 19
index.php

25%
index.php
Eye Blaster x1
Magic Weapon
Shoots lasers and Demon Sickles
Knockback: Very Strong
Damage: 90
Velocity: 9
Rarity: Yellow
Use time: Very fast
10 Mana every 2 lasers or Demon Sickles
Sell: 25
index.php

40%
costume2.png
The HeadSword x1
Melee Weapon
Auto-swings
Damage: 98
Velocity: 7
Rarity: Yellow
Knockback: Very Strong
Use time: 14 (Very Fast)
Sell: 22
index.php

Behavior:
Every 3 seconds, it will auto-fire 3 projectiles of cursed flames.
Similar to Cursed Flames and Terra Blade.
The projectiles are spawned similarly to how Vampire Knives are thrown

40%
The HeadGun2.png
The HeadGun x1
Ranged Weapon
Damage: 54
Velocity: 8.5
Use time: Insanely Fast
Knockback: .045
Uses 1 ammo every 2 shots in a row.
Sell: 23
index.php

The HeadGun.png

Coins:
Silver_Coin.png
50-99+
index.php
0-20

costume3.png
Soul of Fight 20-40

Chlorophyte_Bar.png
Chlorophyte Bar 3-25

index.php

BEHAVIOR:

Coming soon...

index.php

Last edited:
THE BOSS (
index.php
/
index.php
/
index.php
)
That's everything. Why is this necessary?

100%
index.php
Dragon Armor (1 piece)
Why should any boss drop armor at all, let alone a console exclusive that not only does another boss drop, but can also be crafted?
50%
index.php
Eye Blaster x1
Dropped if Bandage of Cthulhu isn't dropped.
Ranged Weapon
Shoots lasers and Demon Sickles
No ammo needed
Damage: 102
This has every quality of a magic weapon, but is labeled as ranged. Ranged weapons wouldn't produce such projectiles, and It only shoots things already in the game.

All in all, I can't see anything I like in this suggestion. It doesn't really add anything worth having, and the loot table is almost shameful compared to other bosseswith loot tables. It kind of seems like something 505 would have done, had they not "stopped."

Also
index.php
terraria_player_base_bigger_by_mathewfizz11-d8m8rze.png

That's kind of large for a mask.

[QUOTerrariaFanSpriter, post: 414617, member: 19059"]Slightly.[/QUOTE]
No I don't feel so good about killing all boses with no self healing...
OT: I don't think 33% is slightly

That's everything. Why is this necessary?

Why should any boss drop armor at all, let alone a console exclusive that not only does another boss drop, but can also be crafted?

This has every quality of a magic weapon, but is labeled as ranged. Ranged weapons wouldn't produce such projectiles, and It only shoots things already in the game.

All in all, I can't see anything I like in this suggestion. It doesn't really add anything worth having, and the loot table is almost shameful compared to other bosseswith loot tables. It kind of seems like something 505 would have done, had they not "stopped."

Also
index.php
terraria_player_base_bigger_by_mathewfizz11-d8m8rze.png

That's kind of large for a mask.

Okay master. I shall do your bidding.

Big boss, big mask.

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

I really don't want to spin off into a discussion about whether original Cthulhu lore should be taken into consideration in Terraria. However, let me say that lore is one of the reasons I dislike this suggestion as a whole.

Moving on.
Stats seem rather mediocre for what I assume is an endgame boss (Based on it's drops.) In fact, it's lower tier in terms of stats than Fishron (5000 more health, but significantly less atk/def).

Not to mention the fact that we currently don't have any detail about the AI of this boss. If it's just a "wham into player" enemy... not really fitting. Either way you'll have to pour more into that section.

Onto the drops:
Dragon armor: Why Dragon? It's an endgame melee armor (Not a mob/console player, but I believe Ocram is one of the more difficult, if not the hardest, boss?). Screws over the other classes some, and Melee really doesn't need another endgame armor.

Bandage: Effects are achieved with the Ankh Charm/Shield. Also, all four of those debuffs are fairly minor ones. Bleeding is almost completely pointless, Poison is 2 DPS, Fire is 4, and Weak is a small debuff to (mostly melee) abilities (it's also inflicted by a total of three enemies in the game.)
Bleeding, also three, Poison, four enemies (one a boss) plus two traps.

Eye Blaster: Why only a magic weapon? This boss makes ranged players very sad.
Not to mention the fact that it does a extreme amount of damage, based on the image I assume it's a fairly quick weapon. It could easily claim the position of highest DPS without even trying.

Coins: Way too much. Duke Fishron drops 1 gold and ten silver. Golem and Plantera drop 15 gold each. No boss goes over 15 gold.

In the end: No support. Needs quite a lot of work, and I don't support the concept of a killable Cthulhu head in the first place.

Although your sprites are pretty good. I have to give you that.

Some things have been addressed by others, but:
The console and mobile have everything easier. :)
Not true. Mobile does, Console doesn't.

Pretty much what else I would've said was said by LoM2.

Onto the drops:
Dragon armor: Why Dragon? It's an endgame melee armor (Not a mob/console player, but I believe Ocram is one of the more difficult, if not the hardest, boss?). Screws over the other classes some, and Melee really doesn't need another endgame armor.
Ocram, at least for me, was easier than Skeletron Prime and Plantera. But I'm basing that off of when I fought it in the original Console 1.1 release, and the other two I fought in 1.2... which now that I think of it made them easier (except Plantera I guess because 1.2 boss.).

I completely agree with everything @LoM2 said, one more thing I would like to add though, since this boss WOULD be on the pc, why would it drop console exclusive armor? And why only one of them? Overall, this idea needs a lot of work before I would consider supporting it.

This isn't too bad, but I don't want another part of Cthulhu. If any more Cthulhu bosses are added, it should be Cthulhu himself as the endgame boss OR the Spirit of Dark. If there was ABSOLUTELY no chance of either being implemented, then I'd probably support. Assuming so, here's my criticism:

-Dragon armor is really random and pointless. Give us something else :p

-Eye Blaster's sprite should be different (Right now its just a big eye, I think a shadow-y demonity version of the Pirahna gun would look cool.) Also more unique projectiles would be nice, maybe it could just fire swarms of eyes like the Bee Gun, or it could blast some sort of shadow-y fast moving death orb that sucks in enemies and deals damage like a black hole.

-How do you even summon this guy and what tier is it? I assume endgame.

-Mask is a bit big, but looks alright

For a first suggestion this is... Cool. I don't like dragon armor dropping, if you really like that make it drop a dragon scale which could be crafted into armor. Great sprites!

I really don't want to spin off into a discussion about whether original Cthulhu lore should be taken into consideration in Terraria. However, let me say that lore is one of the reasons I dislike this suggestion as a whole.

Moving on.
Stats seem rather mediocre for what I assume is an endgame boss (Based on it's drops.) In fact, it's lower tier in terms of stats than Fishron (5000 more health, but significantly less atk/def).

Not to mention the fact that we currently don't have any detail about the AI of this boss. If it's just a "wham into player" enemy... not really fitting. Either way you'll have to pour more into that section.

Onto the drops:

Bandage: Effects are achieved with the Ankh Charm/Shield. Also, all four of those debuffs are fairly minor ones. Bleeding is almost completely pointless, Poison is 2 DPS, Fire is 4, and Weak is a small debuff to (mostly melee) abilities (it's also inflicted by a total of three enemies in the game.)
Bleeding, also three, Poison, four enemies (one a boss) plus two traps.

Eye Blaster: Why only a magic weapon? This boss makes ranged players very sad.
Not to mention the fact that it does a extreme amount of damage, based on the image I assume it's a fairly quick weapon. It could easily claim the position of highest DPS without even trying.

Coins: Way too much. Duke Fishron drops 1 gold and ten silver. Golem and Plantera drop 15 gold each. No boss goes over 15 gold.

In the end: No support. Needs quite a lot of work, and I don't support the concept of a killable Cthulhu head in the first place.

Although your sprites are pretty good. I have to give you that.
Okay, okay. I'm working on a ranged and melee weapon right now. I fixed most of what you've said, though.
[DOUBLEPOST=1426739059][/DOUBLEPOST]I didn't make the actions of the boss, though. I was hoping someone could help me on that.

This isn't too bad, but I don't want another part of Cthulhu. If any more Cthulhu bosses are added, it should be Cthulhu himself as the endgame boss OR the Spirit of Dark. If there was ABSOLUTELY no chance of either being implemented, then I'd probably support. Assuming so, here's my criticism:

-Dragon armor is really random and pointless. Give us something else :p

-Eye Blaster's sprite should be different (Right now its just a big eye, I think a shadow-y demonity version of the Pirahna gun would look cool.) Also more unique projectiles would be nice, maybe it could just fire swarms of eyes like the Bee Gun, or it could blast some sort of shadow-y fast moving death orb that sucks in enemies and deals damage like a black hole.

-How do you even summon this guy and what tier is it? I assume endgame.

-Mask is a bit big, but looks alright
Any more suggestions for my suggestion? :p

Wow! This is awesome! I see you've doubled the sprites' sizes. :D
The best thing about this suggestion is the Pixel Art.
How about a Ranged weapon drop too?

Back
Top Bottom