Do you support heat distortion?

• Absolutely!

Votes: 25 96.2%
  • Nope. (explain)

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
You know how the lunar pillars have that awesome graphical effect for their force shields? Well I think that a similar, lighter effect could be applied to hot blocks and mobs.

Basically, heat distortion would apply to several blocks and mobs and make them appear to be extremely hot. Here are some examples of what monsters/blocks could benefit from this.
  • Lava
  • Meteorite
  • Hellstone
  • Fire Moss
  • Living Fire Block
  • Solar Fragment Blocks
  • Blazing Wheel
  • Lava Slime
  • Meteor Head
  • Hell Armored Bones
  • All Solar Pillar Enemies
And all fire based projectiles. The rainbow slime could also receive a similar distortion effect, and an even lighter version of it on asphalt around noon.

Also, there would be an option to turn heat distortion off.

Last edited:
Nice idea; would be interesting to see! Particularly for meteorite / hellstone; it'd be a good warning. Maybe you could also apply it to Desert biomes for surface sand and to asphalt?

Nice idea; would be interesting to see! Particularly for meteorite / hellstone; it'd be a good warning. Maybe you could also apply it to Desert biomes for surface sand and to asphalt?
Agreed, but a smaller ripple effect. Desert sand and asphalt don't even come close to the heat level of lava & hellstone.

I feel like the desert surface would be a bit too common, but asphalt is a good idea! I will add it

That isn't how a mirage works, it relies on sunlight, but they already added the heat effect to the underground desert so I guess the game wasn't following the rules in the first place. Sure, why not? It would make the lava look cool
Edit: nevermind about the mirage statement, I was thinking of the wrong thing

Back
Top Bottom