Help I'm bad at houses

Do you think people use tree houses too much?

• Total voters

InstaFiz

Slime Collector
So when I start a Terraria world I make an infinite NPC house, leave all my chests and crafting stations out in the open, and stick with it (except for my main Xbox house, which is a mess). I'm bad at creativity and I can't think of something myself. Can someone help me by suggesting house themes, storage organization, and decoration ideas? Thanks!
P.S., NO tree houses. I think too many people do that.

There's nothing wrong with leaving your crafting stations and chests out in the open, as long as you restrict enemy access to them. A couple big trenches should isolate your work space from danger. That said, I've been partial to developing in and using 'craft thrones', lately, taking advantage of the detection range of crafting stations to overlap the access area for multiples. Here's an example of one about half- filled. From the bottom you can access everything from the keg down.
mAKcubV.png

I tend to make large rooms with levels of chests. And work from there by item types. Some versions allow named chests. (Sadness as mobile player) Weapons can be sorted be class into different chests. ranged ammo/throwables/explosives, Armor, vanity, accessories, paints, plants, mob loot, hardmode mob loot, ore/ingots, wood, useful (crafting) materials, spare quest fish, potions, banners, blocks, special blocks, walls, furniture. The list goes on. I tend to have chests just to quickly drop loot into and an extra for storing my normal carry items (so i can build or move items)

Back
Top Bottom