Weapons & Equip Hive Arrows and Craftable Beenades

Lecic

Steampunker
Hive Arrows are arrows made from bee hive and wooden arrows. I've noticed that the "bee tier" is lacking in weapons for rangers. Melee gets the beekeeper, magic gets the bee gun, and summoner gets a whole armor set and minion. So, I've offered my suggestion at giving something for all the classes at this tier.

CzNjm2o.png

Hive Arrow
9 Damage
3.25 Velocity
3 Knockback
60% to break
95% of downgrading
*Releases 1-3 bees on impact. Bees deal a third of the damage of the main shot each.

Crafting
Station- Anvil
Wooden_Arrow_Horizontal.png
45 Wooden Arrows
Hive.png
3 Hive Blocks
Bee_Wax.png
1 Bee Wax
Makes 45 Hive Arrows.

EDIT- Additionally, how about craftable Beenades?

Crafting
Station- Anvil
Grenade.png
3 Grenades
Hive.png
3 Hive Blocks
Bee_Wax.png
1 Bee Wax
Makes 3 Beenades.

Last edited:
I've actually had this idea myself and thought about posting it.

Right now, the only Bee weapon that Ranged class gets are Beenades. This would definitely be a welcome addition.

I think they should be crafted with Bee Wax, though, since the addition of bees makes it rather powerful.

I've actually had this idea myself and thought about posting it.

Right now, the only Bee weapon that Ranged class gets are Beenades. This would definitely be a welcome addition.

I think they should be crafted with Bee Wax, though, since the addition of bees makes it rather powerful.

I've taken your suggestion into account and increased the cost, but increased the amount you get a little.

The hive blocks would make the arrows too expensive, as they are rare, which would cause most players to barely use them.

The hive blocks would make the arrows too expensive, as they are rare, which would cause most players to barely use them.

You can get hundreds of hive blocks from each bee hive, with decent chances of getting multiple hives per world. I'll consider lowering the hive amount to three or so, though.

I've always wanted to have more for the bee line (Get it? Bee-line?) of armour and weaponry. Now, if there was a "hive bullet" as well, which would say, give enemies a debuff that slows them down, much like when you walk on honey blocks. Although with that in mind, it would also provide a small buff to enemies, increasing their life regeneration slightly (Do mobs actually have life regen?), such as when the player is walking in the actual honey liquid, which provides an improved life regen rate. (Maybe give these debuffs and buffs to enemies hit with the hive arrow as well?)

NO, NOT THE BEES!

In all seriousness this is a good idea for balancing that part out. These would be viable until endgame for the most part and that is always good to see. I support.

okay, beenades i understand since they're already in the game, but what would hive arrows do, fire multiple shots and fly to the nearest enemy?

Back
Top Bottom