Votes: 10 47.6%
  • No, not really.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not at all!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

J-50N

Terrarian
Hi guys! I'm J-50N and I've been working on these suggestions for quite some time. I was going to post these along with a great many others, but I'm posting these ones now just in case these can make it into 1.3. I will add a lot more eventually.

Note: All of the sprites are mine unless stated otherwise. I give the developers full and complete permission to use them.

Also, I tend to collect and ideas from suggestions I like (with permission when possible). I try to give credit where credit is due, but I may be wrong. Correct me if that happens.

General Changes:
I think that Crimson Hearts should beat 'normally' instead of their current pulsing. This is very minor, but I think it would look really good, especially if they all beat in sync.
Crimson Heart Beating.gif
Placed Seashells.png
Placed Starfishes.png
The last one of each is not normally placeable. Unless this was purposeful, this should be corrected.
Make it craftable with 10 Wood, 50 Gel and a Life Crystal please. It's currently so rare that I only encountered it in Hardmode after making a slime farm. It's useless by the time you can make a slime farm, so this will make it available when it could be useful. Of course, you have to give up a Life Crystal, so is it really worth it? It gives new players a choice.

New Content:
Accessories:

Yes I know there are already a lot, but I think these two should added.
Honeycomb Waders.png

Honeycomb Waders - Crafted with Water Walking Boots, a Band of Regeneration and a Honeycomb - Increased Health regeneration, Honey buff lasts twice as long, movement is unhindered in Honey and you release bees when damaged. Just something interesting I thought up to complement the Lava Waders.

Obsidian Runner V2.png

Obsidian Runners - Crafted with Lava Waders and Hermes Boots - Combines the effects normally. I think that this would help to make Lava Waders preferable in some situations to Frostspark by giving them a speed boost. I hate moving slowly, and so I always use Frostspark, but this could make Lava Waders a decent contender.
Enemies:
Pufferfish.png

Spawns in the Ocean in Hardmode. Doesn't actively attack, but deals damage and inflicts Venom on contact if puffed up. Can be caught with a Bug Net, but it must be done before it puffs up; there is a 0.5 second delay between when you get close and when it puffs up. (Sprite/idea based on a sprite by @Dragonith )
Pufferfish Base Sprite (~Dragonith).png
Space Squid.gif

Spawns in the meteor biome while it is raining or anywhere where the Meteor is very close to the ocean. It acts like a normal squid, but 'swims' through the air. It would deal high contact damage, as well as shooting a burst of greenish sparks at you which inflict Hallucinating. It always drops Iridescent Ink. (Based on an idea by @Scarecrow)
Spawns in the Underground Jungle post-Plantera. It would have about 2000 health and deal enough damage to be a credible threat. It would act like Plantera, spitting flower petals for the first stage, then changing into it's second form and using melee attacks.
Plantera Seedling.png
Buffs and Debuffs:
Hallucinating.gif
Causes afflicted players to see enemies that aren't there. These enemies can hurt and kill the affected player but deal no knockback. They can all be killed in one hit. (1 health, no defense) Examples of hallucinations could be small rainbow slimes, Pigrons, Walking Goldfish/Pirhanas, etc. The death message for being killed by a hallucination should be unique and could be something like "[Player]'s brain was fried."
Miscellaneous Items:
Infinity Bullet.png
This would be dropped from the equivalent to an archer in the Lunar Invasion or crafted from some Lunar material. When in your ammo slots it counts as infinite normal Bullets.
Used to make Sparkling Dye which causes the player to leave a trail of greenish sparkles. It can be combined with Intense Rainbow Dye to create Psychedelic Dye which changes color and causes enemy PvP Players caught in the trail to get the Hallucinating debuff.
Iridescent Ink.png
From left to right: Iridescent Ink, Sparkling Dye, Psychedelic Dye.

My Lihzahrd Invasion suggestion can be found here.

Feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
Crimera Sprite Change
I honestly prefer original one.
Crimson Hearts, Seashells and Starfish
It's nice, I guess.
The Slime Staff
I like idea about spending Life Crystal. Seems fair.
More Boots
Great ones!
Pufferfish
Sounds more like an enemy, not critter... In any case, nice addition to Ocean.
Space Squid
Like this one. I think, such unusual mob fits Terraria well :happy: Not sure about its debuff Hallucinating, rainbow slimes and Pigrons are nice, but damaging hallucinations? For pre-hardmode mob I prefer something more safe. Like debuff icon though.
Infinity Bullet
Like this one if it's not very powerful. Infinite amount is already big advantage.
Psychedelic Dye which changes color and causes enemy PvP Players caught in the trail to get the Hallucinating debuff.
PvP Dye? o_O It's something new :D I myself prefer Dyes be only vanity :)

To Tell you the Truth,these Minor Suggestions are actually Good!
Glad to hear it!
Crimera Sprite Change
I honestly prefer original one.
I suppose I'd better get used to that. Thanks for the honesty.
Crimson Hearts, Seashells and Starfish
It's nice, I guess.
The Slime Staff
I like idea about spending Life Crystal. Seems fair.
More Boots
Great ones!
Glad you like them!
Pufferfish
Sounds more like an enemy, not critter... In any case, nice addition to Ocean.
Space Squid
Like this one. I think, such unusual mob fits Terraria well :happy: Not sure about its debuff Hallucinating, rainbow slimes and Pigrons are nice, but damaging hallucinations? For pre-hardmode mob I prefer something more safe. Like debuff icon though.
The Pufferfish is meant to be sort of like the earlygame slimes, only it never intentionally hurts you. I think I'll move the Space Squid to HM since the meteor biome has no HM enemies anyway.
Infinity Bullet
Like this one if it's not very powerful. Infinite amount is already big advantage.
It's meant to have the exacts same stats as an ordinary Bullet (Or maybe Silver Bullet). I don't think that would be OP. It's not that hard to make Chlorophyte or Venom or Ichor Bullets anyway. This is endgame and is just meant to make life a bit easier.
PvP Dye? o_O It's something new :D I myself prefer Dyes be only vanity :)
Yeah, it was just a random idea I thought up. It might be kind of interesting though.

I think I'll move the Space Squid to HM since the meteor biome has no HM enemies anyway.
Well, you rarely pay much attention to meteorites in HM. I think Space Squid is good pre-HM, just not sure about debuff. (actually, maybe it's better be pre-HM. Imagine new player reaction: Ha-ha, pink flying pig? That's just hilarious! In HM: Wait... IT'S REAL? :eek:)
I don't think that would be OP.
Me too, as long as it's not making other bullets totally useless :) With exeption of pre-HM of course.

Well, you rarely pay much attention to meteorites in HM. I think Space Squid is good pre-HM, just not sure about debuff. (actually, maybe it's better be pre-HM. Imagine new player reaction: Ha-ha, pink flying pig? That's just hilarious! In HM: Wait... IT'S REAL? :eek:)

Me too, as long as it's not making other bullets totally useless :) With exeption of pre-HM of course.
Actually, I'm working on the Meteor thing, and @SzGamer227 already has a suggestion for it. So maybe you will eventually. ;)

One thing that's bugging me: the pillow shading on the crimera. Otherwise, nice stuff! Not sure about that debuff, but otherwise I like it.

I kind of figured that that was what put people off it. I'll probably work on that later.
Great, otherwise I like yours better, it's just off-putting. The only other thing is the lava runners look like obsidian water walking boots and not lava waders.

Great, otherwise I like yours better, it's just off-putting. The only other thing is the lava runners look like obsidian water walking boots and not lava waders.
Well, they are Obsidian Runners. I tried to make them visually different from Lava Waders. It worked a little too well apparently. :p

Well, they are Obsidian Runners. I tried to make them visually different from Lava Waders. It worked a little too well apparently. :p
They seem like they would fit better crafted with obsidian water walking boots then, though, since the color scheme is like theirs and they are a downgrade of the lava waders.

They seem like they would fit better crafted with obsidian water walking boots then, though, since the color scheme is like theirs and they are a downgrade of the lava waders.
Actually they're an upgrade to the Lava Waders. I think that's what had you confused. It goes Water Walking Boots + Obsidian Skull -> Obsidian Water Walking Boots + Lava Charm -> Lava Waders + Hermes Boots -> Obsidian Runners.
Does that help? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Actually they're an upgrade to the Lava Waders. I think that's what had you confused. It goes Water Walking Boots + Obsidian Skull -> Obsidian Water Walking Boots + Lava Charm -> Lava Waders + Hermes Boots -> Obsidian Runners.
Does that help? Or am I misunderstanding you?
What I mean is that I think it should look like the lava waders if it's an upgrade to them, rather than looking like a downgrade of the lava waders

What I mean is that I think it should look like the lava waders if it's an upgrade to them, rather than looking like a downgrade of the lava waders
Item_908.png
->
Obsidian Runners.png

I agree that the Obsidian Runners could maybe look like a downgrade, but I can't see how to fix it. Maybe if I made the wing orange?
Item_908.png
->
Obsidian Runner V2.png

That does look better... Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom