Weapons & Equip Just some power tools for pre-Hardmode, I guess.

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Because why not, right?

Chainsaw.png

Chainsaw
18 Melee damage.
75% Axe power.
Fast use time.
Recipe:
Iron_Bar.png
Iron Bars (5)
Lead_Bar.png
Lead Bars (5)
@ a Tinkerer's Workshop.

Drill.png

Drill
8 Melee damage.
80% Pickaxe power.
Fast use time.
Recipe:
Iron_Bar.png
Iron Bars (6)
Lead_Bar.png
Lead Bars (6)
@ a Tinkerer's Workshop.

Jackhammer.png

Jackhammer
13 Melee damage.
70% Hammer power.
Fast use time.
Recipe:
Iron_Bar.png
Iron Bars (5)
Lead_Bar.png
Lead Bars (5)
@ a Tinkerer's Workshop.

You'll notice that they require both Iron and Lead to be crafted, as well as a Tinkerer's Workshop. This just means that you need to fish a little bit and defeat the Goblin Army in order to get them. Plus, those are the colors I happened to sprite these in, so that's that. :p

Feedback is appreciated, if you can think of anything to say. :)

This has been successfully modded! Hooray!

Last edited:
Because why not, right?

View attachment 14505
Chainsaw
18 Melee damage.
75% Axe power.
Fast use time.
Recipe:
Iron_Bar.png
Iron Bars (5)
Lead_Bar.png
Lead Bars (5)
@ a Tinkerer's Workshop.

View attachment 14506
Drill
8 Melee damage.
80% Pickaxe power.
Fast use time.
Recipe:
Iron_Bar.png
Iron Bars (5)
Lead_Bar.png
Lead Bars (5)
@ a Tinkerer's Workshop.

View attachment 14507
Jackhammer
13 Melee damage.
70% Hammer power.
Fast use time.
Recipe:
Iron_Bar.png
Iron Bars (5)
Lead_Bar.png
Lead Bars (5)
@ a Tinkerer's Workshop.

You'll notice that they require both Iron and Lead to be crafted, as well as a Tinkerer's Workshop. This just means that you need to fish a little bit and defeat the Goblin Army in order to get them. Plus, those are the colors I happened to sprite these in, so that's that. :p

Feedback is appreciated, if you can think of anything to say. :)

How exactly do you get both Iron and Lead in the same world?

What do you mean? I thought worlds have every ore. (Also, I'm kinda new to duh game, so srry if im wrong)
Iron and lead are alts; if iron generates then lead doesnt, and vice versa.

And I still dont know what the goblin army has to do with alternate ores... There is always the extractinator, but that could take forever...

Great ideas though. Also: why a tinkerers workshop?

Iron and lead are alts; if iron generates then lead doesnt, and vice versa.

And I still dont know what the goblin army has to do with alternate ores... There is always the extractinator, but that could take forever...

I believe the Tinkerer's Workshop is required to craft the tools to make them more balanced, since they are quite powerful and would be quite OP if you could just make then at an anvil. To get the Tinkerer's Workshop, you need to defeat the Goblin Army, which is why the Goblin Army is involved in acquiring the tools.

I'm guessing that both Iron and Lead are needed for further balancing, since worlds don't generate with both. It isn't too hard to get an easy supply of Iron or Lead from an Extractinator, it's quite common and you can get a lot of it if you have over 200 Silt Blocks.

As for my opinion on the suggestion, I would love to see power tools in pre-hardmode. This is a great, simple suggestion and would love to see these added!
I want a chainsaw which isn't a shark...

TPKQY8m.gif

And I still don't know what the goblin army has to do with alternate ores...
I believe he is using the goblin army as a progression requirement. Therefore, one must have slain the Goblin Army in order to obtain the Tinkerers Workshop.

EDIT: Didn't read post above :confused:

Anyhow, as a personal opinion, I feel like they should be more of a dungeon tier, and have some sort of Mechanic NPC involvement. Maybe require them to be created with (20) Wire rather than the alternate ore (Same would go for HM power-tools). Along with this, I believe that there should be some sort of slight buff to the power-tools in general. That way, there will be more consideration taken into the Hardmode tier power-tools.

But the idea of Pre-HM power-tools sounds neat, so SUPPORT

Another example of the neat stuff that would be possible if we were to introduce something like this.

Which I figured I might link for you, it being the real star of the show and all.

How exactly do you get both Iron and Lead in the same world?

This may be the other way on getting the alt ore/bar

This just means that you need to fish a little bit
----------------------------------

Anyways, its one of those logical suggestions again, yes, its logical, there are power tools crafted by HM ores, but not Pre-HM ores, like iron(also steel), where Iron was supposed to be the thing that is used to make power tools,
so It should be this useful, and also useful for those who wants a quick job, yet, this may be harder to get due to the
alternative bars/ores

Anyhow, as a personal opinion, I feel like they should be more of a dungeon tier, and have some sort of Mechanic NPC involvement. Maybe require them to be created with (20) Wire rather than the alternate ore (Same would go for HM power-tools). Along with this, I believe that there should be some sort of slight buff to the power-tools in general. That way, there will be more consideration taken into the Hardmode tier power-tools.
I balanced this above the Sawtooth Shark, which is a rare tool, but can be found at the start of the game (as soon as you've gotten the Merchant). Besides, the Mechanic is more about wires and electricity than greasy gas-operated hardware, despite her being a Mechanic.

As someone who never uses power tools in Terraria, I am absolutely neutral about this idea. ^_^
Chainsaws are so fun to kill stuff with, though... :p

I balanced this above the Sawtooth Shark, which is a rare tool, but can be found at the start of the game (as soon as you've gotten the Merchant). Besides, the Mechanic is more about wires and electricity than greasy gas-operated hardware, despite her being a Mechanic.

Chainsaws are so fun to kill stuff with, though... :p

You know what would be great? If the Goblin Tinkerer Sold something for once. That'd be the life. I don't need him after approx. 15 Gold (His Shop).

Interesting. I think that it should serve as an upgrade to the Dark Biome picks, rather than a same-tier item. In any case though:

RXqBtvH.png

Scironex Seal of Approval

Last edited:
I don't need him after approx. 15 Gold (His Shop).
No, provably not. But he's the richest NPC known-to-date with all the reforging costs. I think that says a lot about our tinkerer.

The tools' power might be a bit above their tier, as theoretically, one could face off a goblin army before defeating the evil biome bosses and getting the tools from crimtane/demonite. Because you only need to break one heart/orb for the goblins to appear.

Well, considering there is nothing else occupying the tier between crimtane/demonite and hellstone, I suppose it's OK....

(i had this idea before, but it had wires in it and no lead, it was a while ago)
but im sure lots of other people thought of this
id add wires to the recipe.

I don't know about this, Power tools seemed to be the thing that was so cool about hardmode to me. You have those picks and then after you finally beat the wall of flesh you get this awesome upgrade to drills. It just seems to me that this would take away some of the best parts of hardmode.

Back
Top Bottom