Just something I made

kingklutz

Retinazer
I wrote this a while ago and was contemplating whether or not I should post it here. Then thought ah what the heck. I've split it into short parts (basically a paragraph per spoiler) enjoy and don't forget to criticise :)

The sun glares through the glass of my stone house. Simple yet it will do. No monsters have penetrated the defences and I've been sleeping better. The glare hits me as I slowly rise out of my ebonwood bed. That bed always smelled of death in the morning, a nice reminder of the war outside.

The hallow remains restless as does the corruption. On both sides they threaten my existence. The WoF was meant to be the last battle. The last battle. Pah. And to commemorate the battle i got a stinking emblem. Worse of all a ranger emblem. I was only able to salvage a couple of barely useful items from a chest thing. Damn chest jumped out and attacked me... I soon put an end to it with a horizontal 'panic' slicers it's wooden creeps how. I ripped it apart to find a cross necklace and a titans glove. I wore them both with comfort, as I put them on my battle worn body. My cobalt armour sitting there, battered to the hilt but still wearable. One last battle. Just this one to end it all. Hopefully

I steadily fitted my armour on, it's cold interior making me shiver. I grab my nights edge . I take a deep sigh of hope, and I make my way to the door... Or what was left of it. The door was damaged from the corrupters and had been pierced with hole by those damn unicorns. But it seems like a blur now. Hmmm. I reach for the door handle and The door creeps open.

Blue skies? Green grass? I wish... No I pray for those. Instead I am met by a barrage of blood and blackness... The corruption. Ugh. I scan the skies, seeing if I can spot anymore of those horrors. Then in the distance a corrupter comes flying at me at full speed, charging like a bull... Blue must not be it's favourite colour I guess. I gather my thoughts and make a warrior stance. Try to make myself that little bit more intimidating, like that'll help *rolls eyes*. The monster races closer and closer. I scream out a war cry and charge fearless toward it. The two of us meet half way, I thrust my sword towards the beast only to be snagged by the corrupters pincers. I fall and recover quickly phew no blood. Caught off guard whilst checking myself I was flung violently into a ditch. THUD...

My vision a blur, my weapon gone. This is the end for sure. 5 days and it comes to this. This, me! A failure to stop the two worlds from taking over. I muster all of my strength and sit up. I survey the battlefield carefully... Where is it? It's gone... I try to get up and stumble a little, my leg hurts like it was being amputated... But I'm clueless to where the corrupter has gone. Ignoring the incredible pain, look around more only to see my nights edge... Where's my flame-*THWACK* *clink clink*. Arrrgh why hasn't it finished me yet. Is it toying with me? It edges closer and closer. It takes a hover back and pounces-

A galloping of hooves suddenly bursts into our battle. A unicorn. A fricken unicorn. Oh that's just great... The corrupter was stunned as was I. The beast ignored me and charged towards the unicorn. My sword? Where's my sword. I instantly spot it's purple metallic shine gloriously off the sun. I crawl painfully. Each movement feeling worse than the last, only the hope of having something to protect me keeps me going. That and desperation. I look to my left to see the unicorn leaping ferociously, with it's deadly horn, narrowly missing the corrupter. *screeching*.

The corrupter stabbed the unicorn with it's pincers, causing it to screech out in pain. I'm so close, a couple more feet... Then silence. I couldn't bear looking at the bloodied monster as I knew what was next on the menu. With all my strength I lunge for my sword and swing blindly in panic. I hear it screeching with almighty pain. "Take that you piece of rotting flesh" I shout. The corrupter retreats... I fear the worse.

This is my first story so yeah. I was thinking of having a momento (guy with amnesia who try's to find his wife's killer) style writing but scrapped it as I was confusing myself. Minus the wife's killer thing and the shock ending

Back
Top Bottom