Casual Lame Claim to Fame!

Hello all! Molos Elethros here with an off-topic thread, this one is about Lame Claims to Fame!

Now, what is a lame claim to fame you may ask. A lame claim to fame (at least in my terms) is when you know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows someone famous. It doesn't have to be 3 guys, it can be any number of guys (or gals for that matter).

I have two lame claims.

1. My church leader is roomates with Tim Hawkins' nephew, so technically, I know Tim Hawkins!

2. Another guy I know from church grew up with the youtuber MLCSt3alth, and he knows the youtuber Jerma, and he knows the youtuber STAR_/ster. So technically, I know three semi-popular youtubers!

What are your Lame Claims to Fame?

Last edited:
My father’s uncle was one of the surgeons in the world’s first hand replantation surgery. He was also on the Chinese national foot ball/soccer team.

Or is that too close?

Last edited:
Josh Ritter, famous singer, comes from my hometown (well, not technically my hometown, but I've been here all but nine months of my life and it feels like it).

I know a guy who knows a guy who once got Nolan North to do the "Merasmus voice." I was desperate, thanks Ando.

I'm the descendant of an axe murderer who brutally slaughtered her parents.

Last edited:
I was the first person to publicly release Minecraft skins for some anime show at the request of some guy in some small Minecraft modding community.
:cool:
They could probably be improved, but I still did it.

Also, apparently our family owns a piece of calligraphy written by Emperor Puyi's nephew.
That's not exactly lame.

My father’s uncle was one of the surgeons in the world’s first hand replantation surgery. He was also on the Chinese national foot ball/soccer team.

Or is that too close?
Yes. It is too close, not really very lame.

my stepmom dated the drummer from Hootie and the Blowfish
edit: I don't know if this counts but I got an autograph from Alton Brown.
The first one counts, but the seconds not lame enough.

Well, I once met and got a signature from that guy who plays Ron Weasley's dad in Harry Potter.
Interesting, but not lame.

Everyone else...you've done well...

I'm the descendent of an axe murderer who brutally slaughtered her parents.

You kinda got the whole descendent/ancestor thing backwards. The axe murderer is your ancestor while you are a descendent of them.

(Note: The quoted post I changed with the correct term. Just for those who view this thread in the future.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom