Weapons & Equip Lanterns Accesories - From illumination to magic imbuments!

Milady Lyndis

Steampunker
Mining_Helmet.png

This helmet is awesome. Having your player emmiting light directly is pratical. What is not pratical about it is that it takes a helmet slot, thus breaking set bonuses and lowering your defense...

Lets have a litte upgrade for it...

Mining_Helmet.png
+
Obsidian_Skull.png
@
Tinkerer%27s_Workshop.png
|
obsidian lantern.png

Here comes the Obsidian Lantern! When wearing this in one of your accessories slots, you character will be emitting light permanelty! And it also protect from fire blocks! (for some balancing purposes, the +1 defense from the skull is removed and the light produced by the lantern is slightly dimmer than the one comming from the mining helmet)

obsidian lantern.png
player with obsidian lantern.png

Lets add another upgrade to this. It should be interesting for the magic users out here! :p

obsidian lantern.png
+
Band_of_Starpower.png
@
|
mana lantern.png

The Mana Lantern emits nice blue light, protect from fire blocks and give a bonus +7% magic damage!

mana lantern.png
player with mana lantern.png

You just found this Sorcerer Emblem in the Wall's remains? You think it's alot better than this shiny blue lantern? Keep the Mana Lantern, i have something for it!

mana lantern.png
+
Cursed_Flame.png
x30 +
Soul_of_Night.png
x15 @
|
cursed lantern.png

mana lantern.png
+
Ichor.png
x30 +
Soul_of_Night.png
x15 @
|
ichor lantern.png

cursed lantern.png
player with cursed lantern.png

The Cursed Lantern is one of the two hardmode upgrades to the Mana Lantern. It emits creepy green light, protect from fire blocks and give a +5% magic damage bonus. But that's not all! Every magic attacks have now a chance to induce the Cursed Inferno debuff!

ichor lantern.png
player with ichor lantern.png

The Ichor Lantern is is the counterpart to the Cursed Lantern. It emits weird yellowish light, protect from fire blocks, gives a +6% magic damage bonus and allows your magic attacks to inflict the Ichor debuff.

The chance to inflict debuffs is affected by the weapon speed. Fast weapons will have harder time to give debuffs than slow ones. (thanks @DestroyerOfTheDestroyer for pointing this)
Here's a list of the chances of giving debuffs based on weapon speeds.
Very Slow = 50%
Slow = 35%
Average = 25%
Fast = 10%
Very Fast = 5%
Insanely Fast = 2%

One last thing, it's about the Band of Starpower...
I don't think the BoS should be exclusive to corruption worlds. Just remove it from the shadow orbs drops and maybe have it as a possible golden chest loot... (like the band of regeneration)

SzGamer addressed this issue in this suggestion, please take a look :3 -> http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/balancing-shadow-orbs-and-crimson-hearts.2953/

That's all! I'm all ears open for things to improve this suggestion, should be it balancing or covering new debuffs!

Have a good day! :dryadpassionate:

Last edited:
This is probably now one of my most favourite suggestions, and take in mind I've reviewed at least a thousand of them. Very good work, I like each upgrade, and I think the recipes are well balanced. I also like the fact that this idea is introduced as an accessory.

Just remembered that the Band of Starpower is not aviable on crimson worlds, due to being a shadow orb drop, so i suggested a little thing to make them findable in any world, no matter of the evil you have in. ;)

Thanks for your support! :dryadpassionate:

That is definitely a nice idea.

Light is something I always need when I go exploring searching for ores/chests/anything.
It can be slightly irritating having to place torches everywhere I go or throw glowsticks or use any other light source.

A lantern as an accessory is a really nice solution to that.

The title of this got cut off and it looked like this: Lanterns Accesories - From Illuminati...

Anyways, the whole "ichor inflicting thing" doesn't say it's just a chance. It's just a chance, right?

Yep, it's still a chance. All magic spells have something like 25% of inflicting a debuff.
Won't that give quick-firing spells an advantage though? If you hit 5 times a second, you'll have a 25% chance of inflicting Ichor every hit. You would not get the same chance for a slow firing weapon.

Won't that give quick-firing spells an advantage though? If you hit 5 times a second, you'll have a 25% chance of inflicting Ichor every hit. You would not get the same chance for a slow firing weapon.
You have a point here. I should find a way to balance the chance to inflict debuffs... or just go lazy and make it 100% chance... :p Like the fire gauntlet and the magma stone for melee.

:dryadpassionate:This suggestion so good -- there should be another upgrade path for it that combines with some of the accessories for building, so you're not so hindered by building at night.

+3 Block Placement Range
+Self Emitting Light

or something

Why craft a skull out of obsidian and then break the skull apart again and craft it into a lamp?
I'd just use raw obsidian to create the lamp and then use the crafting table to combine it with the helmet.

Anyway, accessory lights have been suggested plenty of times and I still want one, so...
4stars.gif

Why craft a skull out of obsidian and then break the skull apart again and craft it into a lamp?
I'd just use raw obsidian to create the lamp and then use the crafting table to combine it with the helmet.

Anyway, accessory lights have been suggested plenty of times and I still want one, so...
4stars.gif
#logic
This item needs a banner!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom