NPCs & Enemies lava slime boss or something

do u lieky

• Total voters

ninjakai03

Wall of Flesh
am i bad at titles or what

Anyway,
My idea is this:
You know how the King Slime (my favorite boss <3) is practically useless?

I'm giving them one hot upgrade.

Literally hot.

I had an idea that there could be a hardmode variant of King Slime - which is just basically a big lava slime.
I imagine him with instead of him having a gold crown, what about a platinum crown?
And there would be a giant skull (or skeleton) in the center of him instead of the ninja.

Magma Slimes would spawn in the underworld when hardmode is activated/active. They would have a 15% chance of dropping an Old Crown and a 100% of dropping 15 - 20 Blaze Gel which is also a component for the summoning item AND use for ammunition for the Volcanic Buster (more info below).

P.S. I made sprites but better sprites would be appreciated

-=<_STATS_>=-
lava slime sprite.gif
Magmatic Emperor (better name suggestions are appreciated)

HP: 15000 | 27000 (Expert)
DEF: 40 | 55 (Expert)
DMG: 65 (Melee) | 85 (Expert)
KB RESIST: 99%

It is summoned by a The Old Crown which is made from 1 Old Crown and 99 Blaze Gel at a Hellforge. To summon him, you face towards any lava pool in the Underworld and use the summon item. The direction you're facing in is where he spawns. He jumps out of that lava pool and starts the fight. When he lands on a surface, his first attack is summoned and then he will randomly use his attacks (depending on his health).

-=<_ATTACKS_>=-
FIRST ATTACK
It jumps in the air, like King Slime. But when it lands, it makes a shockwave of a special lava that doesn't affect the environment but it still hurts you. The lava lasts for about 3 seconds before evaporating away. The lower his health, the faster his jumps are.
SECOND ATTACK
The skull inside of the slime sprays a special fire called Blaze Fire that inflicts Scorching! that hurts for 7 DPS for 4 seconds if comes in-contact. He uses this in combination of his first attack when his health drops halfway.
THIRD ATTACK
It launches 5 Magma Slimes that inflict the same Scorching! debuff as the second attack. They would have 100 health each and have the normal Slime AI. He does all above attacks when under 1/4 health.

-=<_DROPS_>=-
just gonna use one color for every name because I'm lazy

Laval Incubator: Summons a pet lava slime

Magma Saddle: Summons a lava slime mount that is able to float in lava yet you take damage when in water (plus you sink like a rock in water as an added bonus :D)

Volcano Buster: A ranged cannon that shoots blobs of magma to set fire to all enemies near it's radius [Ranged Weapon | Rocket Damage]
This weapon is a reference to his first attack, the shockwave of the special lava.

Heat Rod: Summons a magma slime to defend you [Summon Weapon]
This weapon is a reference to his third attack, him summoning magma slime minions.

Blaze Beam: A staff that shoots a high-velocity beam of blaze fire that inflicts Blind, Slow, and Scorching! [Magic Weapon]
This is a reference to his second attack, where the skull inside of his body shoots a line of blaze fire.

Earth Crusher: [EXPERT ITEM] A hammer (can't be used as a hammer) that uppercuts enemies (sends them go flying 23 blocks into the air) and deals Scorching!, On Fire!, and Burning.

lava slime mask + bag.gif mask and treasure bag

now
what will happen if you lead him beyond the underworld?
well, he freezes up and becomes enraged.

[no sprite created yet]
Enraged Magmatic Emperor

HP: 30000 | 54000 (Expert)
DEF: 80 | 110 (Expert)
DMG: 130 (Melee) | 170 (Expert)
KB RESIST: 99%

Prepare for a beat-down.
It's stats double, making the fight a bit impossible at some parts.
In it's enraged form, it'll use buffed versions of it's old attacks except for the first attack:
It'll charge you down (like Expert Eye of Cthulhu except a lot faster) while doing the second and third attacks even if his health is 100% filled.
The lower his health goes, the faster he is.

All drops are the same except for the expert item and 85% more gold.

The Ice Age: [EXPERT ITEM] Technically speaking, it's the same weapon but, instead of the uppercut, it makes a large spike trail on both sides of you, inflicting Suffocating, Frozen, Chilled, Slowed, and Frostburn.​

enraged lava slime mask + mag.gif

treasure bag + mask (you get a different expert item from enraged than regular)

more coming soon because im lazyyyyyyy

Last edited:
Honestly, i'll support if you add a melee weapon. possibly some sort of magma hammer that creates a shock wave when used?

idk, possible support

I think Stoned is a bit much.
agreed. Especially since when you have the stoned debuff you take insane fall damage, so if that happens above a cliff, you ded. Very ded indeed. Also, it kinda seems like the scorched effect is a little too strong. Just by looking at it, it seems like you will get it a LOT. Like all the time. And in 5 mere seconds it deals a whopping 50 damage. Seen as you will probably only have 400 healt when facing that.... ehh... thing. Well, scorched is going to deal a huge load of damage. Just saying.

agreed. Especially since when you have the stoned debuff you take insane fall damage, so if that happens above a cliff, you ded. Very ded indeed. Also, it kinda seems like the scorched effect is a little too strong. Just by looking at it, it seems like you will get it a LOT. Like all the time. And in 5 mere seconds it deals a whopping 50 damage. Seen as you will probably only have 400 healt when facing that.... ehh... thing. Well, scorched is going to deal a huge load of damage. Just saying.
its probably recommended to fight it after you get some of the hardmode tier armor and weapons so uh

guess i'll nerf it :p
[DOUBLEPOST=1455580986,1455580850][/DOUBLEPOST]nerfed the Scorching! debuff a bit

Back
Top Bottom