Weapons & Equip Liquid tanks.

Kyouko Tsukino

Steampunker
This was basically my only serious suggestion back in the TO forums, and I think re-posting it here may bring in new ideas on how to improve it.

------

So, while working on my latest building project, I've thought about having several rooms inside the maze I'm building be full of water, lava or even honey. And then it hit me: I have many worlds to farm things in, but there is no decent way to transport liquids between worlds. Heck, there's no decent way to transport liquids *inside the same world.* Wiring is too time consuming and bucketing is like not moving liquids at all if you're working with large quantities of it.

So, an idea came to me: Liquid tanks the player can equip, and use to drain liquids, store them in chests, or even in a piggy/safe, and be able to easily move large bodies of water around, and even through worlds.

Being mostly a building artifact, I would just make their craft recipe be plain old pre-hardmode bars, perhaps with gel or some other substance acting as sealant (don't want the tanks dripping liquids all around, specially lava, right?) and have them be of several sizes, the bigger the tank, the more bars it would take, but the more liquid you could hold inside. Let's say, ten bars for a tank which holds the equivalent to ten blocks' worth of liquid, thirty for one which holds thirty, and so on, up to a hundred or so "liquid blocks" of storage - or even several hundreds of blocks of liquid (thanks to Freenight for noticing the "low" limit,) for an equally large amount of bars, of course. Perhaps have one type of tank for each liquid, using different materials, to make it easy to remember what you put in which tank.

Well, that's all. No fancy sprites, sorry - the only "sprite" I'm skilled with is the drink.

Drain-o-matic
+1 range
Sold by Traveling Merchant (30 Gold)
Right-clicking a liquid forces it to drop as a liquid Globule.
Left-clicking places the first Globule in the player's inventory.

Water Globule, Lava Globule, Honey Globule
Ammo
Stacks to 999

But but but. Liquid TAAAAAAAAANKS. :dryadtongue:

Jokes aside, I like that alternative too. Except knowing the game, the Traveling Merchant would stop appearing.

Drain-o-matic
+1 range
Sold by Traveling Merchant (30 Gold)
Right-clicking a liquid forces it to drop as a liquid Globule.
Left-clicking places the first Globule in the player's inventory.

Water Globule, Lava Globule, Honey Globule
Ammo
Stacks to 999

I think that the Goblin Tinkerer or the Mechanic would sell that stuff, it's combines more with them.

But... buckets stack... :indifferent:

What's the difference between 99 Buckets and a Tank that holds 99 blocks of water?

I had an idea for tanks a while back before the buckets could stack. Now that they do I don't care as much. I can just hold down the button to fill them. Still I think there could still be uses for tanks. It would have to be harder to get then a bunch of buckets as a trade off. If you craft them then they would have to require more then just iron/lead and gel. Maybe something sold by an NPC. How about to fill it you have to set it down and hook it to an inlet pump? Not sure if you just need to switch it on or hook it to a timer. Hold your mouse over it to find out how fill it is, goes up to 999. Even when full you can pick it up like a safe. You likely wouldn't be able to stack them unless they are empty. To empty it you would hook it to an outlet pump.

Or there could be pumps with a color code, such as using dyes to determine the partners.

Im sure most people don't know how to even use normal pumps anyways. JK <3

Back
Top Bottom