NPCs & Enemies Lunar Princess, NPC that can entertain you after defeating the Moon Lord.

Do you support this idea?

• Total voters
So we beat the Moon Lord, we get end-game gear, some really awesome weapons and armors... But there is no use for them! Let's be honest, excluding the PvP that not everybody enjoys/is able to do, all we can do with this amazing stuff is just killing the bosses that we've already beaten with weaker equipment or driving away slimes while building.

I'd like to show you people my idea how to make a new challenge for end-game.
After the final boss mets his end, the new NPC arrives to for our entertainment, it's a Lunar Princess, a noble of supermundane origin.
What is her purpose? She gives you quests and can sell you things, but It's not as easy as you might think it is.
You can make maximum of 3 quests per day.
To complete the quest you need to bring her a certain item chosen randomly from:
- 10-20 of any bar
- 30-250 of any ore
- Underground chest items
- Heart crystals
- Dye plants
- Life Fruits
- Some drops from common mobs just like souls, stingers, turtle shells etc.
- Mana/fallen stars
- Few gold coins
- Gems

As a reward you get 1-4 (depending on the rarity of the wanted item) Luminite Coins, a special currency that will allow you to buy stuff from her shop.
The point of those quests is to make you enjoy mining and treasure-finding.

She sells wide variety of items:
- Solar Flare Visor (10 Luminite Coins)
- Nebula Hat (10 Luminite Coins)
- Stardust Hood (10 Luminite Coins)
- Vortex Headphone (10 Luminite Coins)
- The Eraser (30 Luminite Coins)
- Moongold Bag (30 Luminite Coins)
- Hyper Workbench (15 Luminite Coins)
- Botomless Lava Bucket (5 Luminite Coins)
- Botomless Honey Bucket (5 Luminite Coins)
- Endless bag of wire (5 Luminite Coins)
- Endless bait box (5 Luminite Coins)
- Infinite health potion (5 Luminite Coins)
- Infinite mana potion (5 Luminite Coins)
- The Godtool (40 Luminite Coins)
- Enchanced Moondial (15 Luminite Coins)
- Suspicious looking beacon (2 Luminite Coins)
- Raincloud magnet (15 Luminite Coins)
- Slot machine (15 Luminite Coins)
- Endless dirt bag (5 Luminite Coins)
- Endless stone bag (10 Luminite Coins)
- Endless sand bag (15 Luminite Coins)
- Endless mud bag (5 Luminite Coins)
- Endless ash bag (5 Luminite Coins)
- Protection Spell (15 Luminite Coins)
- Blackhole Bucket (5 Luminite Coins)
- Satelite Maps (20 Luminite Coins)

Now, quick description of each item:

- Solar Flare Visor
Defense: 24
Bonus: 25% increased melee knockback
Enemies are more likely to target you
Set bonus: Generates the shield over time (same as the helmet one), sacrifice the shield power to the special attack. Double tap down to stomp - make your character fall with the velocity of 100 mp/h, stomping on the ground causes around explosion -> 200 dmg, applies knockback comparable with the Slap Hand, makes you bounce (just like when using the Slime Mount)

- Nebula Hat
Defense: 18
Bonus:
20% increased magic damage
reduces mana usage by 7%
Set bonus: Double tap down to apply the Siphon buff - when your character runs out of mana you get 10 dmg in exchange of around 150 mana points, it won't work when you're below 25% of your total health, it overrides the Mana Flower effect, it doesn't apply the mana sickness debuff)

- Stardust Hood
Defense: 15
Bonus: Increases your max number of minions by 1
Increases your minion damage by 5%
Increases your minion knockback
Set bonus: There's chance (50% for enemies with 1000+ hp 25% for enemies with 200-1000 hp, 15% for weaker ones) to spawn a phantom version of minions you're currently using when killing an enemy. Phantom minions have maximum limit of 5, they last for 2 minutes. If you're using the multiple kinds of minion, the phantom version is picked randomly. Phantom minion looks like your minions, but with blue color sheme and semi-transparent

- Vortex Headphone
Defense: 9
Bonus: 30% decreased ranged attack speed
15% increased movement speed
10% chance to not consume the ammo
Set bonus: The longer you keep firing faster your weapon gets, it stacks for 150% speed bonus for 60 seconds of constant fire. Makes all ranged weapons auto-fire.

I just wanted some extra choice for endgame armors, I think those are kinda cool.

- The Eraser
Placable object, once activated makes corruption/crimson and hallow disappear (they're leaving purity blocks) just as fast as they were spreading in the early hardmode. (You can still make artificial biomes in your world, but to make them disappear you need to use The Eraser again)

- Moongold Bag
I'll explain that later.

- Hyper Workbench
Crafting station with all recipes unlocked

- Bottomless lava/honey bucket
Just like their already existing water counterpart.

- Endless bag of wire
Come on, it's the complete end-game, we can have stuff like that.

- Endless bait box
Endless bait, but the weak ones, 1% bait power

- Infinite health/mana potion
They're just giving acting like basic potions (they give you 50 mana/hp), but with unlimited uses. They're still applying their debuffs.

- The Godtool
Not sure if technically possible for Terraria but...
Allows you to change your worlds backgrounds and moon types.

- Enchanced Moondial
Just like Enchanced Sundial, but speeds up time untill next night

- Suspicious looking beacon
I'll explain that later

- Raincloud magnet
Summon the rain, placable object, 7 day cooldown.

- Slot machine
Works pretty much like the Extractinator, but instead of silt and fossil, you can use platinum coins on it.
>Nothing (33%)
>Luminite Coin (8%)
>Two platinum coins (8%)
>Living Cloud in a Bottle - summons a Friendly Nimbus pet (7%)
>Broken Lightbulb - summons a Blackhole Sun - new light pet that absorbs the light around you, making the area close to the player pitch black it could find some use in PvP (7%)
>The Battle of Overworld - a painting depicting player fighting with the Moon Lord (7%)
>The Jocker - an accesory, it's the jocker card, it gives the player 15% to make any mob drop the double loot when killed (7%)
>Giant worm egg - Summons a pet baby giant worm, it will follow the player by digging it's way to him, just like it's hostile counterparts (7%)
>Random cube - doubles the chances of drop from mobs, can be combined with The Jocker to make a Jocker Cube (7%)
> 5-10 Nebula/Vortex/Stardust/Solar fragments (8%)

- Endless dirt/stone/mud/sand/ash bags
Endless stack of certain common blocks, a way to re-fill our world of blocks after heavy Moongold Bag usage.

- Protection Spell
Placable object that doubles the health and defence of nearby NPCs, especially useful if want to keep an open home on world full of monsters buffed with Moongold Bag effect.

- Blackhole Bucket
Works like the Super Absorbant Sponge but with extra range, also can absorb mana and honey. (credit for Sigma90)

- Satelite Maps
Consumable, reveals every corner of your world on the map. (credit for Stancen)

Consumable, re-fills your world with new ores, heart crystals, chests etc. It's main purpose is to keep the Princess's quests possible to do. Buffs every mob on your world to have 20% stronger stats, which means your world will become more deadly each time you use it. It also increases money drops by 25% for each use, generates random luminite ore veins in your world, makes Frost and Pumpkin Moon event progress bars go 20% faster for each use (they are 20% stronger so you won't feel the difference). It also increases the chance of Travelling Merchant spawning by 2% for each use. Increases attack of friendly NPC by 10% (to match the mobs).

This item summons a boss, but not an ordinary boss, it can summon the hologram version of any boss available in the game by random (including event mini-bosses like Mourning Wood or Flying Dutchman).
Those bosses look like their real counterparts, but are blue and semi-transparent.
Their stats are buffed to match the Moon Lord tier, and are rised by 3% every time you beat them (normal) or 5% (expert).
They do not drop anything special, just money and potions, their sole purpose is to make some challenge for the player.

Okay, so I told you how does she work, but there goes the part of the actual NPC.
She looks kinda like a human but with a Luminite-coloured, shiny hair and turquoise eyes (some similarities with Moon Lord).
Princess wears a tiara on her head, it's a princess after all, but I don't think a dress would fit her, she's supposed to have a more adventurer-like style.

She can use Moonlord-like beam to defend herself (since she's the last NPC, it could do some quite serious damage, like 50-60 per tick)
Sprite by by Pinelord
xrCu3v6.png

Now, some quotes (you can write me your propostions)

During the day:

Most of princesses get a dragon to imprison them, I got a Moon Lord.

[player name], you know it is not like that I could not beat Moon Lord by myself, I just waited for a hero ta save me.

There is so many amazing, shiny things in this world, it was so plain and and boring up there, I am so glad I can live here with you, [player name].

Have you ever wondered why can not you make coins from golden and platinum bars? Same reasons you can not make ones from luminite.

I actually know how to make use of Angel Statues!

Could talk with [name of the Arms Dealer] about his manners? He keeps telling me to "Moonbite" him.

The gel is so tasty, I hope I will not gain weight becouse of it.

During the night:

Many kids wonder if the Moon is made of cheese, well, I was one of the lucky to discover it is nothing but a rock by myself, my milk teeth were not as lucky, though...

It used to be so funny watching running around with a wooden sword and struggling with those zombies, I still can not believe someone like you managed to defeat my oppresor.

Did you know it was me throwing stars at the surface at night? When I saw you, poor soul, lost in the darkness, sorrounded with dozens of monsters... I tried to help you, but it is really hard to aim when you're in the space!

Listen! Someone is knocking at the door, I bet it is the pizza I ordered for us... or a zombie.

Those pesky Demon Eyes spied at me when I was taking a bath last time! Get rid of them, please.

During the Blood Moon:

DO NOT TOUCH ME!

Maybe you saved me but it does not mean you can keep me here beyond my will! I will not be imprisoned anymore! Let me out!

You are no better than Moon Lord, [player name].

Yes, I DID throw [name of the Nurse] off the roof, at least she can train her skills on herself now.

You have beaten the freaking Moon Lord and you are still afraid of some harmless zombies!?

\/Quest dialogues:\/

For dye plants:
Do you know what princesses like? A lot of clothes! I have been talking with [name of the clothier] recently and he is willing to make a custom cloak for me, how nice of him. But there is one problem, we need a certain dye to make it look exactly how I want.

completing
[If player is female]Finally! I could not wait! Oh, it is going to be gorgeous... I can lend it you sometimes if you want, sis.
[if player is male]Finally! I could not wait! Oh, it is going to be gorgeous... I bet you will love it as well!

For gold coins:
Those local coins are quite pretty, are you interested in a little exchange? Is a little discount for me possible? We are the best friends, after all, are not we?

completing
[player name], you are a really generous man indeed. That greedy [name of the merchant] wanted half of mine Luminite Coins for 5 copper ones.

For Life Fruits:
[name of the witch doctor] told me that you can find some very tasty fruits in the underground jungle, please, bring me some of them. I know I could go there by myself, but there are tons of bugs and other nasty stuff there, It is not appropriate for princess to wade in mud!

completing
[if player is female]Mmm, this is some good stuff! Want a bite, sis?
[if player is male]Mmm, this fruit is ALMOST as sweet as me. Right? Right?

For gems, ores and bars:
OH. MY. GUIDE. Those shiny rocks/metals are amazing! [name of the demolitionist] sold me a couple of them some time ago, but I want more. Come on! I am a princess, I is in my nature to be surrounded with jewelry.

completing
[if player is female]I wonder why are not you making some use of them too. Oh, I get it, it is not really your thing? Do not worry, sis, not every lady is born a princess.
[if player is male]I am sure there are no gems/ores in the whole caverns that are more beautiful than those! Great job as always, my hero.

For random common mob drop/golden chest item:
So I have been conversating with [name of the guide]and he told me about some wonders of your world. You surely do not mind getting me some of them?

completing
[if player is female]Oh, thank you, you are almost like an older sister I always wanted to have, It means a lot for me that you care about my whims.
[if player is male]Thank you very much, hero, I knew you will not disappoint your princess. I am glad you are here to help me, finally somebody cares about my whims.

Most of them are references to Disney princesses or princesses from common "princess and dragon" legends, you can write your suggestions in replies.

Moon White (Snow White)
Aurora
Jasmoone (Jasmine)
Fiona
Luminite Hood (Red Hood)
Andromeda
Hesione

First update: Added few quotes, new item in the shop and the Suspicious looking beacon description.
Secound update: Added quest quotes.
Third update: Added amazing sprite by Pinelord, added new item for the shop.

Banner by Jamm6gamer :
ojrBUz1.png

Todo-list
More quotes and few more items.

Last edited:
I must say, this is a pretty cool idea, I would definitely grind out some of these quests for that loot.
My only criticism is that the Godtool doesn't really work, and it definitely wouldn't be worth 40 coins. I think it would be more like a Lunar Drill with really high range, speed, and the ability to mine everything (300% axe, hammer and pickaxe power.) and make it 50 coins instead. Other than that, great suggestion. +support.

Actualy now that I think about it we don;t know what she would likely, the equivalent of Cuthula? A Green skinned Space babe? one of the Lunar mobs?

You should ask someone to sprite her Koli.

It's a good idea, I support.
Would like to know though how would her inventory look like? I mean if its something like the merchant or the travelling merchant or if it unlocks items if we have more money to spend? And is there any limit on how many quests one can complete on a day?

I must say, this is a pretty cool idea, I would definitely grind out some of these quests for that loot.
My only criticism is that the Godtool doesn't really work, and it definitely wouldn't be worth 40 coins. I think it would be more like a Lunar Drill with really high range, speed, and the ability to mine everything (300% axe, hammer and pickaxe power.) and make it 50 coins instead. Other than that, great suggestion. +support.

Well, some people are really bored with their current background and stuff, and to make things worse you can't even choose it when making the world.
I didn't want her to sell things that are higher tier than Moon Lord.

Actualy now that I think about it we don;t know what she would likely, the equivalent of Cuthula? A Green skinned Space babe? one of the Lunar mobs?

You should ask someone to sprite her Koli.

I described her looks a bit, hopefully someone will agree to sprite her.

It's a good idea, I support.
Would like to know though how would her inventory look like? I mean if its something like the merchant or the travelling merchant or if it unlocks items if we have more money to spend? And is there any limit on how many quests one can complete on a day?
I think there is enough space for all of those items.
About the quests, I'd say a 3 quest per day limit would be cool, prevents you from farming coins too fast but allos you to have some more fun.

hmm seems nice. looking forward to the beacon!
I've just finished the beacon idea, let me know what do you think about it if you want!

- The Eraser
Once activated makes corruption and hallow disappear (they're leaving purity blocks) just as fast as they were spreading in the early hardmode.

- Moongold Bag
Consumable, re-fills your world with new ores, heart crystals, chests etc. It's main purpose is to keep the Princess's quests possible to do. Buffs every mob on your world to have 20% stronger stats, which means your world will become more deadly each time you use it
The Eraser is a possibility, but the second one is probably gonna be way too taxing to the engine. There's never been a case of a new structure generated while in-game, and what you're asking is for the world to put in blocks, background items, and items inside a chest.

The Eraser is a possibility, but the second one is probably gonna be way too taxing to the engine. There's never been a case of a new structure generated while in-game, and what you're asking is for the world to put in blocks, background items, and items inside a chest.
I'm not asking for the cabins, but sole chests. The world can generate random ores like metorite and hardmode ones and it can also place solid objects like boulders, trees etc. I don't think making a chest appear somewhere would be that hard to do.

metorite and hardmode ones
They merely replace existing blocks. They do not generate new ones. And if that's what you meant, the world would still run out of blocks if you don't go world jumping.

place solid objects like boulders, trees etc.
During world-gen, yes. But seen any traps regenerate while you play? Trees... well, that's one thing, but I haven't seen the rest happening.

I'm pretty sure you don't mean a clump of 20 blocks and exactly 1 chest/heart crystal each time the item is used, because that's absurd nonsense. But if you want to repopulate the world with resources it had upon world-gen, I doubt it can be done in-game.

They merely replace existing blocks. They do not generate new ones. And if that's what you meant, the world would still run out of blocks if you don't go world jumping.

Just added something to her shop to prevent it, but you'd need to use it hundreds of times to make it happen, so you'd need tons of luminite coins and every mob would one-shot you instantly.
During world-gen, yes. But seen any traps regenerate while you play? Trees... well, that's one thing, but I haven't seen the rest happening.

I'm pretty sure you don't mean a clump of 20 blocks and exactly 1 chest/heart crystal each time the item is used, because that's absurd nonsense. But if you want to repopulate the world with resources it had upon world-gen, I doubt it can be done in-game.

I don't exactly get your point why it can't be done, I mean.. of course there would be quite much of new ores and chests (like 33% of the initial world gen in the sake of ores and around 20% chests), but nothing really mind-breaking.
You can place chests with terraria map editors, so I have no idea why game couldn't do it as well, just check for free 2x2 spaces in the underground and place there a golden chest with randomized drop, nothing beyond world-generator's possibilities.

You can chests with terraria map editors
While being exactly in-game? Or do you mean just editing the map file while it's not accessed by gameplay, ie. your character is actually playing it.

I don't exactly get your point why it can't be done
nothing beyond world-generator's possibilities.
My biggest doubt is whether the... features of world-gen can actually be done while you are playing. So far, I repeat, there have been no indication of such a thing. I'll admit I have no idea of the workings of generation, but I also expected for a game that has continued to be update for four years, the idea of in-game generation would've been one of the foremost things in the developers mind. Yet we haven't seen a clue of such a thing. Block conversions, yes, but entirely new tiles?

What I am saying is that if it was possible, it would have most likely been done already. Then again, I am not inclusive to the development process, so there's that.

While being exactly in-game? Or do you mean just editing the map file while it's not accessed by gameplay, ie. your character is actually playing it.

My biggest doubt is whether the... features of world-gen can actually be done while you are playing. So far, I repeat, there have been no indication of such a thing. I'll admit I have no idea of the workings of generation, but I also expected for a game that has continued to be update for four years, the idea of in-game generation would've been one of the foremost things in the developers mind. Yet we haven't seen a clue of such a thing. Block conversions, yes, but entirely new tiles?

What I am saying is that if it was possible, it would have most likely been done already. Then again, I am not inclusive to the development process, so there's that.
Both of us cannot say if this is for sure impossible to do or not, but those things are happening off-screen, have you ever seen the meteorite generating right behind you? Or tree in the jungle appearing out of nowhere? As I said, it all happens off-screen and there is not so much difference between for example tree and a chest or plantera's bulb, they're all solid tiles.

As good as the idea might sound, it should be available waaaay earlier, since by the time you get past Moon Lord, the game's basically over, so the quests would just get repetitive and annoying. And besides, if you've gotten to endgame, you should already have a ton of quest stuff (bars, ores, health crystals etc.), so it would just be "go fetch it from the chest and give it to me" kind of quest.
And in the OP, you said, that endgame armors have no use other than PvP, then what would a few helmets do to change it.
So, no support from me.

As good as the idea might sound, it should be available waaaay earlier, since by the time you get past Moon Lord, the game's basically over, so the quests would just get repetitive and annoying. And besides, if you've gotten to endgame, you should already have a ton of quest stuff (bars, ores, health crystals etc.), so it would just be "go fetch it from the chest and give it to me" kind of quest.
And in the OP, you said, that endgame armors have no use other than PvP, then what would a few helmets do to change it.
So, no support from me.
The whole idea is giving you tools that will make your game more convenient (endless gear, summoning certain events) and making some use of items like Suspicious looking tentacle or Drill mount. If you have tons of quest items then good for you, but you'll manage to do like 10 quests with them anyway, I think there's more people who just sell the stuff they don't need anyway. And yes, it will be kinda repetitive, but at least there will be something to do after beating the final boss are some use for those amazing weapons in singleplayer. Also, every time you re-fill the world with treasures, the mobs will become stronger, so it's still going to be challenging, even if you're just wandering across the caves, looking for a chest just like in the early game.

1. Seems like that if I can farm platinum coins, I can easily skip most of the quests.... Well, easier than Angler quests, absolutely.
2. Actually not only the life, damage, and the defense should be buffed, also the size and the speed should be scaled. For more fun, try summoning multiple bosses at once.
3. Quest items are too common except for a few. Try 'Arcane Lucky Houseshoe', 'Rod of Discord', 'Broken Slime Staff', 'a set of Turtle Armor', 'a set of Mining armor', '10 Lifeforce Potions', 'Mechanical Cart', 'Binoculars', 'SWAT Helmet', '100 Rainbow Bricks'(especially when it is sunny! haha), 'Frankenstein Banner'(When a solar eclipse happens or not), 'Eater's bone'(dropped by EoW, 5% chance), 'Legendary The Axe', 'Deadly Medusa Head', 'Whoopie Cushion', 'a set of Mermaid Costume', 'Cell Phone', and so on. Full list here. As for the exaggerated difficulty, you can make the 3 quests parallel.

The idea is cool, but the eraser effect should happen when you kill the moon lord in my opinion.

1. Seems like that if I can farm platinum coins, I can easily skip most of the quests.... Well, easier than Angler quests, absolutely.
2. Actually not only the life, damage, and the defense should be buffed, also the size and the speed should be scaled. For more fun, try summoning multiple bosses at once.
3. Quest items are too common except for a few. Try 'Arcane Lucky Houseshoe', 'Rod of Discord', 'Broken Slime Staff', 'a set of Turtle Armor', 'a set of Mining armor', '10 Lifeforce Potions', 'Mechanical Cart', 'Binoculars', 'SWAT Helmet', '100 Rainbow Bricks'(especially when it is sunny! haha), 'Frankenstein Banner'(When a solar eclipse happens or not), 'Eater's bone'(dropped by EoW, 5% chance), 'Legendary The Axe', 'Deadly Medusa Head', 'Whoopie Cushion', 'a set of Mermaid Costume', 'Cell Phone', and so on. Full list here. As for the exaggerated difficulty, you can make the 3 quests parallel.

1. It's only 7% drop chance, so you'd get like only 7 of them with using a full stack of platinum coins, not really worth it, but If you took your time and had patience to set up really advanced coin farm, I see no reason why you couldn't get benefits from that.
2. Not a bad idea, but speed and size should have some limit (also bigger boss would be easier to kill IMHO).
2. I'm not sure about this one, I think such items could be really grindy and annoying to get and no one would actually bother getting all the items from the shop, but I may be wrong, maybe 2 quests for common item and one for the rare one per day, with higher reward.

also bigger boss would be easier to kill IMHO
Bigger hit box to hit the player and smaller hit box when hit by player:p And also this can be a disturbance for those farms that are based on some bosses' specific attacking rhythms, and as you said that they are Moon-Lord level, they have separate immunity timer in the mode, making immunity cheating skills useless.

such items could be really grindy and annoying to get
Make a balance, because 100+ normal ores are too tedious. If it is 100 Rainbow Bricks, it will be funny.

Back
Top Bottom