Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Medicine Shelf

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Experimental work bench

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters

Master Geass

Terrarian
I love the addition of the Steampunker and the items she sells. The Solidifier and Flesh Cloning Vat look like they would fit at home in a lab. Still I would like a few more items to give it a more laboratory look. It would also be fun if they where animated. This stuff is mostly just for looks. I am open to suggestions for more items and recipes.

• Tesla coil lamps and lanterns. Crafted with iron/lead bars, glass, and wire. They light up the room and have lighting flying off of them.
  • Turning gears. Crafted with cogs. They look like half gears and can be placed on the sides, floors, and ceilings. They rotate clockwise or counter clockwise depending on which way you where facing when you placed them.
  • Wall gears. Crafted with cogs. Placed on the back wall like a painting. There are a few gears turning around.
  • Robot claw. Crafted with iron/lead bars and a chain. It is a metal claw hanging from the ceiling.
  • Robot arm. Crafted with iron/lead bars and cogs. It looks like a robot arm from an assembly line. May move a bit.
  • Lava lamp. Crafted with glass, a bottle of water, a torch, beeswax, and a gem. The "lava" flouts around. It's color is depended on the gem you used. (Added in 1.3)
  • Vault. A 3x3 painting like item. It looks like a bank vault. You could passably open and close it with wiring, but that's just for looks.
  • Vault door. Crafted with cogs and a HM bar (I'm thinking Adamantite/Titanium Bar) Use wiring to lock and unlock. Takes up 3x3 space when open. Cannot be destroyed by mobs.
  • Security cameras. Crafted with iron/lead bar, wire, and a lens. Put on the side or ceiling. Will send a pulse when a player, mob, or NPC walks in front of it. Like with presser plates there are different types. One that working only for players, one that works for anything, and one that works for anything but a player.
  • TVs. A projector monitor with rabbit antenna. Placed on the floor. Lights up and can be turned off with wiring.
  • Wall Monitor. Placed on wall like a painting. Acts like a sign and the graphic can be changed to look like any NPC and a few mobs.
  • Control console. Has flashing lights and a lever on it. It counts as a flat surface item for the purpose of building a Home.
  • Hologram Machine. Crafted with silver/tungsten bars, wire, and lens. Can be turned on and off. Puts a hologram person above it.
  • Strange Machine. Crafted with iron/lead bar, glass, wire, and a lever. Has meters and blinking lights on the front with vacuum tubes on the top.
  • Radar. A 2x2 painting like item. It's a green circle with a spinning arm.
  • Propellers & Rotors. Crafted with cogs. Spin around for boats and airships.
  • Server. Bookcase type crafting station.
  • Electric table. Crafted with silk, iron/lead bars and Tesla coil. Looks like Frankenstein's monster might be strapped to with a small Tesla coil to one side. Bed.
  • Medicine Shelf. Crafted with iron/lead bars and bottles. Functions as an Alchemy Station.
  • Experimental work bench. Likely found or purchased. Has a small robot arm on top, a cog on the front, and smoke coming out of the side. Used to craft most of the other stuff on this list.
  • Circuit Board Wallpaper. A large wall pattern that needs several pieces to see the whole thing.

Last edited:
Suppoooooooooooooooooooooooooooort!!!!!!!!
Wooohoooo! You've earned two!
test tube of approval pixel.png
test tube of approval pixel.png

I have always wanted more scientific stuff.

Concept: 4.5/5
Master, I absolutely love this concept, it's pretty cool. Anything like furniture and building blocks just get me excited, I enjoy building more than the common Terrarian, it has to be said. This is very good.

Originality: 4.5/5
As of yet, I haven't seen that much on the lines of this so I guess it is pretty unique, as well as all the different ideas. Nicely done, though furniture isn't all too original, something with this suggestion just changes my mind about that a lot more, though.

Result: 4.85/5
This is really nice, even if it is rather simple. It would be really cool to have this in-game and I wouldn't mind it appearing, for I am a huge supporter of this idea. Very well done on both the overall suggestion and formatting. Again though, this didn't minus any points, that red text annoys me. Haha.

Score: 4.61/5
Très bien, as the common Frenchman would say.

Sorry about the red text. I just like red. Maybe I should just use white when starting a thread.

I had some though about the TV. I had first pictured it as one of those old projection TVs with rabbit antenna on top and would face to the left or right. When I came up with the idea of placing it on the wall I then though of using it as a sign. There could be two types of TVs, the older model and a wall wall monitor. The wall monitor could be used as a sign but if when writing if you type in [NPC] at the start the image will change to which ever NPC you picked. When reading it after the save you can't see the name.

Really like the ideas here. A lot of them, I would use. Would be really great if there were sprites for these, but I'm not a spriter, so I guess beggars can't be choosers.

No sorry. I can't even read this due to my dyslexia and the red text.
For your convenience. (Of course, I'm dyslexic and had no trouble, so...)

I love the addition of the Steampunker and the items she sells. The Solidifier and Flesh Cloning Vat look like they would fit at home in a lab. Still I would like a few more items to give it a more laboratory look. It would also be fun if they where animated. This stuff is mostly just for looks. I am open to suggestions for more items and recipes.

• Tesla coil lamps and lanterns. Crafted with iron/lead bars, glass, and wire. They light up the room and have lighting flying off of them.
  • Turning gears. Crafted with cogs. They look like half gears and can be placed on the sides, floors, and ceilings. They rotate clockwise or counter clockwise depending on which way you where facing when you placed them.
  • Wall gears. Crafted with cogs. Placed on the back wall like a painting. There are a few gears turning around.
  • Robot claw. Crafted with iron/lead bars and a chain. It is a metal claw hanging from the ceiling.
  • Robot arm. Crafted with iron/lead bars and cogs. It looks like a robot arm from an assembly line. May move a bit.
  • Lava lamp. Crafted with glass, a bottle of water, a torch, beeswax, and a gem. The "lava" flouts around. It's color is depended on the gem you used.
  • Vault. A 3x3 painting like item. It looks like a bank vault. You could passably open and close it with wiring, but that's just for looks.
  • Vault door. Crafted with cogs and a HM bar (I'm thinking Adamantite/Titanium Bar) Needs wiring to open and close. Takes up 3x3 space when open. Cannot be destroyed by mobs.
  • Security cameras. Crafted with iron/lead bar and a lens. Put on the side or ceiling just for looks.
  • TVs. Lights up and can be turned off with wiring. Some have to be placed on the floor, others can be placed on the wall. Maybe they could be used as signs.
  • Control console. Has flashing lights and a lever on it. It counts as a flat surface item for the purpose of building a Home.
  • Hologram Machine. Crafted with silver/tungsten bars, wire, and lens. Can be turned on and off. Puts a hologram person above it.
  • Strange Machine. Crafted with iron/lead bar, glass, wire, and a lever. Has meters and blinking lights on the front with vacuum tubes on the top.
  • Radar. A 2x2 painting like item. It's a green circle with a spinning arm.
  • Server. Bookcase type crafting station.
  • Electric table. Crafted with silk, iron/lead bars and Tesla coil. Looks like Frankenstein's monster might be strapped to with a small Tesla coil to one side. Bed.
  • Medicine Shelf. Crafted with iron/lead bars and bottles. Functions as an Alchemy Station.
  • Experimental work bench. Likely found or purchased. Has a small robot arm on top, a cog on the front, and smoke coming out of the side. Used to craft most of the other stuff on this list.

For your convenience. (Of course, I'm dyslexic and had no trouble, so...)

Thank you very much :)

OT: Now that I can read it I can give my honest opinion. I like all the ideas represented except for the radar. I mean I like it I just don't think it fits 'Mad Scientist'. Overall though I support.

8/10

Oh My Gosh I really really really want all of this! Full support!

Everything for my crazy mad science laboratory! It's perfect!

Please change the text to standard white text. I use the crimson forum theme and I had to switch themes to read it, and even then it hurt my eyes. I do like the suggestion itself though, I think it fits in the game well.

Awesome suggestion. Maybe you could expand the lava lamp idea into a full set of lava lamp light sources?

That could be interesting. So like lamps, lanterns, and chandeliers. I wonder what a lava candelabra would look like.

Please change the text to standard white text. I use the crimson forum theme and I had to switch themes to read it, and even then it hurt my eyes. I do like the suggestion itself though, I think it fits in the game well.

Sorry about that. I was already planing on removing the color when I add more items to the list. I dislike editing my posts as it leaves a mark. I guess that's my OCD.

Anyway I was thinking about adding some propellers and rotors to the list. For those of you who like building boats and air ships. Still they seem like a Steampunker thing, but then again so do the gears.

Only suggestion: next time dont write it all in red. Its harder to read, at least for me. Lol

Anyway, i dont see why i cant support this. Good job

Well Lava lamps have been added. I'm happy if if they are only in one color. We can still paint them.

I also gave the Security Cameras a use. Now they can send a pulse down wires.

Back
Top Bottom