Game Mechanics Magic Mirror/Recall Potions Hotkey

nobody anymore

Eye of Cthulhu
Am I the only one that keeps my mirror/recall pots in my hotbar, but then I always accidentally use it at the worst times?

Usually it's just a minor inconvenience, but TPing away when I'm about to kill a boss and I have full health is a no-no.

So, I stick it in my inv. Well, then I can't get to the thing fast enough to get out of the really sticky situations.

So, I propose a solution. Magic Mirror/Recall Potion hotkey. I don't see why we couldn't, there's already a hotkey for Grappling Hook, and it's functionally the same. It just grabs stuff instead of teleporting.

I suggest we use something like X, or Z. Chances are, you won't hit it on accident, and it's close enough that you can get to it in a sticky situation.

AND, having a hotkey for potions wouldn't be hard to implement, as we already have THREE hotkeys for Life, Mana, and Buffs. And Buffs apply to more than just potions, so I really don't see why we couldn't do this.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Flat-out insults? I can't read minds, so post!

Hmm, I can definitely support this as I have sadly done this before. It is really annoying especially when you were in an intense fight against a boss either causing it to despawn the boss or leading the boss back to your house to murder all your NPCs... And if you were to use a mirror by accident during a moon event its even worse ...(hint think of out resident campwoods)

other than choice of default hotkey, i completely agree with the idea of giving the TP ability its own. i too keep items of the sort in my hotbar and find on occasion that when switching between weapons, i accidentally spin my mouse wheel too far and end up going aaaaall the way across the map back to my home in the middle of the worst possible times, such as a moon event or a "boss challenge" and complete piss it all away because of that kind of setback and end up raging until it expires because i cant make it back to the desired location alive.

as for my opinion with the z or x keys, i actually set my z key to open my inventory since it is most convenient for how i play lol

but all in all, this is a fantastic suggestion in my opinion!

Well, the default key doesn't matter much, as it'd be customizable, the same way you could customize the Potions/Buffs/Grapple hotkey, or pretty much every key in the game.

I agree with this. I always keep my magic mirror on my hotbar as well, so this would be good.

It'd also be cool to have a separate inventory section for items like the grappling hook and magic mirror, so they don't take up space for drops and stuff, but I guess that's for another thread.

I feel like it's a liiiitle late for that.

Although honestly I was a little disappointed when I saw there wasn't a specific slot/hotkey for it. :l

Died horribly when I switched to a dirt block instead of my magic mirror. This is brutally depressing with a hardcore character :(

Back
Top Bottom