Blocks & Decoration Mirrors & Reflections!

Theo

Official Terrarian
*taps mic*
Is this thing on? Oh, nevermind.
*clears throat*

Good morning, afternoon or evening, fellow Terrarians!

My name is Theo. Thanks for stopping by and lending an ear. So, I'll have you know that I never really make suggestions, considering how bad I am at doing it. But this one came to me like a flash, after I was wielding a Space Gun and fired onto a block. So my idea was:
"What if we used glass blocks to reflect laser projectiles like the meteor shots' bounce-off-walls effect?"
However I quickly scrapped the idea, since I thought that glass is transparent, therefore light passes through it and lasers, being lights, would follow suit. Then I thought of mirrors. Mirrors reflect light, therefore a mirror block would work. So my idea turned into:
"What if we had a block that reflects laser projectiles like the meteor shots' bounce-off-walls effect?"

mirror.png

Mirror

Block
Material
Rarity:
Rarity_color_0.png

It would be crafted with one (1) glass block
Glass.png
and one (1) of any silver bar
Silver_Bar.png
/
Tungsten_Bar.png
at a furnace
Furnace.png
Upon impact, the projectiles fired by the Space Gun, Laser Rifle and Laser Machinegun will bounce off in the same fashion as the meteor shots. The Heat Ray's beam would behave similarly to the Shadowbeam Staff's. In both cases, the projectiles will keep on bouncing off mirror blocks as long as they don't hit any other block.
For balancing purposes, the damage of the projectile could be halved on each bounce until it reaches zero, in which point the projectile is out of lifespan.

The block would also have a wall variant, which would be less of a functional and more of a decorational purpose.

mirror_wall.png

Mirror Wall
Wall
Material
Rarity:
Rarity_color_0.png

Usual deal, crafted with four (4) mirror blocks
mirror.png
at any work bench
Work_Bench.png
When placed, the player's reflection would appear on the wall's surface. When painted, it would only make sense that the reflections would change colours likewise. Regular paint would simply alter the reflections' hue, while deep and shadow paint would make the reflections appear as accordingly coloured silhouettes. This would open the opportunity for great bathrooms or artistic buildings.
The reflection would work kinda like this:
mirror_wall_sample.png

Ladies and men of the gentle kind, this has been my suggestion on mirrors and how they would function. Leave your comments, criticism and feedback below on the replies! I hope you have a wonderfully handsome rest of your day, and may the first golden chest you open contain a Magic Mirror.
CIJceIO.gif

Last edited:
Interesting but the mirror blocks wouldn't really look like much. Remember, it's a 2D game so walking in front of a mirror wall is the same as walking in front of any wall.

Otherwise I guess the projectile bouncing thing could be cool for arenas?

Interesting but the mirror blocks wouldn't really look like much. Remember, it's a 2D game so walking in front of a mirror wall is the same as walking in front of any wall.

Otherwise I guess the projectile bouncing thing could be cool for arenas?
Thanks for the feedback!
Indeed, walking in front of a mirror wall in game would be the same as walking in front of any wall yet that wouldn't change the fact that the reflection of the player would appear on it.

Thanks for the feedback!
Indeed, walking in front of a mirror wall in game would be the same as walking in front of any wall yet that wouldn't change the fact that the reflection of the player would appear on it.
But you wouldn't see the reflection? Because the player would overlap it?

I have many ideas for this:

-Colored Mirror? (adds a hue to your reflection)
-Reverse Mirror? (reflection is backwards)
-______Mirror? (reflection moves in different directions during different times)

It's a great idea, and would fit the game quite nicely. I'd see my self using it as soon as it's added to the game (if it would be), support.

Back
Top Bottom