Monetizing permission

What type of permission do I need to monetize Terraria on Youtube? Via adds.
Not sure. I know Mojang allows you to monetize on Minecraft videos; the fact that their product is being shown is free advertising to them. Hell, that's their ONLY method of advertisement. If you see a Minecraft ad on a website, it's a virus, don't click it.

I'll get a moderator's attention to see if they can help, they are more likely to know about the copyright info for Terraria, especially Loki, he frequents the forums and works for ReLogic, according to his user tags.

In the past, this has been allowed, but please don't take that as policy going forward because it's not my decision. I know that this question has been posed before on this forum.

The previous incarnation of terraria.org had a specific statement referring to this (it was allowed, and afaik continues to be allowed on TerrariaOnline). I'll also tag @D-Town, because this is primarily an issue for him and Loki to address, I think.

The old policy still holds. For reference:

TERRARIA VIDEO POLICY
The video and/or description must not link to hacked/cracked clients or offer the game to others for free via such clients. You may post videos of Terraria with ads and as a YouTube Partner as you see fit. We do not require any reimbursment for ad revenue.

As a courtesy, links to Terraria.org would be appreciated, but are not required.

TERRARIA VIDEO POLICY
The video and/or description must not link to hacked/cracked clients or offer the game to others for free via such clients. You may post videos of Terraria with ads and as a YouTube Partner as you see fit. We do not require any reimbursment for ad revenue.

As a courtesy, links to Terraria.org would be appreciated, but are not required.

Thank you.

TERRARIA VIDEO POLICY

So when it means by YouTube partner
does that mean when your YouTube account status says - Partner Verified
does that mean I can monetize it
or do you have to be in a gaming partnership
also can I monetize videos with no talking in it?

YT Partner (at least used to) mean letting them run their ads, etc. on your content in exchange for $.

There is no requirement to speak.

I don't know what you mean by "gaming partnership"

Back
Top Bottom