Votes: 37 42.0%
  • DEVS PLS

Votes: 37 42.0%
  • Nah let's not have this

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters

Jenosis

Empress of Light
First off I'd like to say: This is my first suggestion thread so here goes.

Ever since I discovered the existence of living wood in 1.2 I have built a lot of things with it. I loved to build with those so much.

In 1.3 I stumbled across living mahogany wands and my first reaction was "goOD :red: GOOD :red:". So that got me thinking; why not more living wood variants?

Living Boreal

Living Boreal Leaf Wand.png
Living Boreal Leaf.png
Living Boreal Wood Wand.png
Living Boreal Wood.png

Ice chests would contain both wands. Ice enemies would have a 5% chance to drop these.

Living Ebonwood

Living Ebonwood Leaf Wand.png
Living Ebonwood Leaf.png
Living Ebonwood Wand.png
Living Ebonwood.png

These could be found in Shadow chests in the Underworld on Corruption worlds. Could also be found by Shadow Orbs (Thanks Tyrux!). Corruption enemies would have a 5% chance to drop.

Living Palm

Living Palm Leaf Wand.png
Living Palm Leaf.png
Living Palm Wand.png
Living Palm Wood.png

These could be found in Water Chests. Alternatively monsters in the OCean biome could drop these at a 5% chance.

Living Pearlwood

Living Pearlwood Leaf Wand.png
Living Pearlwood Leaf.png
Living Pearlwood Wand.png
Living Pearlwood.png

Alright this one was a toughie I thought about the pearlwood leaf blocks changing colors each time one was placed (I may come up with something different though so who knows).
Hallowed enemies have a 5% chance to drop these.

Living Shadewood

Living Shadewood Leaf Wand.png
Living Shadewood Leaf.png
Living Shadewood Wand.png
Living Shadewood.png

These fall under the same circumstances as Ebonwood wands, except on Crimson worlds. Could also be obtained from Demon Hearts (Thanks Tyrus!). Crimson enemies also have a 5% chance to drop these.

That's all I have for now! Let me know what you think!

Last edited:
I kind of don't like the idea of all those separate wands. Either the world would be littered with them, or you'd have a hard time finding the one you wanted. What I'd prefer to see are super living wood/leaf wands that could use any kind of wood, and turn it into the appropriate living wood/leaf variant.

I kind of don't like the idea of all those separate wands. Either the world would be littered with them, or you'd have a hard time finding the one you wanted. What I'd prefer to see are super living wood/leaf wands that could use any kind of wood, and turn it into the appropriate living wood/leaf variant.
Maybe that's something I'll sprite later. I think that idea could be possible though with the super wands.

More building blocks are always welcomed, though I can't say I want more wands, as they only take up more space.

I think instead the mahogany wands should be replaced with the normal ones, and have the normal wands place normal living wood/leaves with normal wood in the inventory, living mahogany wood/leaves with rich mahogany in the inventory, etc. I'm someone who sometimes uses over 30 different items in a single room so I appreciate any way to reduce the amount of slots needed to carry things.

I might put this in action soon (through tAPI no less, wands might be exempt because I haven't figured out how to make wands place and consume tiles) for better visuals.

I thought about living spooky wood; problem is I kinda don't know what it'd look like.

Base it on the tree in this seasonal logo from last year. That's what I would do.
In fact I'd thought about making a suggestion on a Halloween themed biome suggestion based on this logo.
Logo_Halloween1.png

Back
Top Bottom