TCF Suggestion Multiple Titles/Banners

Is this needed?

• Total voters

TheBlueness

Duke Fishron
Hello members/moderators/internet robots/mythical creatures of TCF! Today a bring you a small suggestion that while wouldn't drastically change the experience of the forums, but I'm sure would make some people happier.

Many of you have probably seen the moderators with their 2 or 3 titles all shown at the same time. I am and sure others are, jealous and would like to extend this feature to members.

Okay let's say you have the "Headless Horseman" title, the "Party Girl" title and the Official "Terrarian" title. You have to choose just one of those titles because TCF only allows one. Some people find that irritating and want to show off all there earned titles. This is where my suggestion comes in to play.

Of course you don't want someones profiles to go on forever with hundreds of titles, so you have to earn them. Currently there are no rewards for followers so I decided to use that but if anyone has other suggestions please post them.

All right finally here:

"You earned you first follower!": You can display one title. (Yes default you can't display any.)
"Wow people really like you!" (50 follows): You can display two titles.
"FOLLOWERS GALORE!" (150 follows): You can display the maximum of three titles.
Note: People complaining about follower begging, rules and punishments would be added to discourage it.

Picture for reference:

That's it! Feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
I would say that this is unnecessary. People can check what trophies others have earned easily and I see no need to view more. That may also cause follower problems.

Also, there might not be a Xenforo Plugin that allows this.

I would say that this is unnecessary. People can check what trophies others have earned easily and I see no need to view more. That may also cause follower problems.

Also, there might not be a Xenforo Plugin that allows this.
The moderators can display multiple titles. I can give you the code for it if you want. As for follower problems and just being able to view them,
1. When have you ever clicked on someone to view their trophies?
2. I said I was up for suggestions. Feel free to suggest an alternative.

i'd like this but i think the follower version of like begging would be have to be added
which isn't much of a hassle really

i'd like this but i think the follower version of like begging would be have to be added
which isn't much of a hassle really
What do you mean a follower version of begging would have to be added. Like rules?

EDIT: YOU DIDN'T WRITE IN PINK!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, will edit main post. As for the pink, I don't know. It sort of adds to your personality.
some people don't like it, i don't mind, some people do. ok.
OT: because the mods don't want it to become "follow-bombing" if it does become a thing, so they'd probably have to put it in the rules

The moderators can display multiple titles. I can give you the code for it if you want. As for follower problems and just being able to view them,
1. When have you ever clicked on someone to view their trophies?
2. I said I was up for suggestions. Feel free to suggest an alternative.
It is possible by clicking the person's point count (which is always zero since it was sort of removed). It shows what trophies they have achieved.

Alright. I don't have suggestions, I was just pointing out a few issues.

It is possible by clicking the person's point count (which is always zero since it was sort of removed). It shows what trophies they have achieved.

Alright. I don't have suggestions, I was just pointing out a few issues.
Cool! but when have you ever actually done it... My solution was making rules and punishments against "follower begging"

Cool! but when have you ever actually done it... My solution was making rules and punishments against "follower begging"
I have an idea. I mean, being Terrarian and Eye of Cthulhu isn't all that... "Good-looking", is it? So:

Slot one: For Terrarian, Like-achieved or Post-achieved

Slot two: Special one (special being things like Guinea Pig, Party Girl, Official Terrarian, etc)

Slot three: I don't really think this is needed, but a second special slot.

Just a suggestion. Feel free to sweep it aside.

We won't be adding anything akin to a feature unlock tied to likes/follows....so I'll just say that up front. :)

(You covered the reasons why)

Multi-titles are currently governed by usergroups. Thus, though it is possible, it is also currently manual (thus not feasible). In addition, this is going to just be a massive amount of clutter. I also would be remiss to not raise the usual "limited resources - and need to focus" point.

I totally get and appreciate the interest - just not sure we will pursue this at this time.

Hey, at least on TCF you can select any title you have earned, right? ;)

We won't be adding anything akin to a feature unlock tied to likes/follows....so I'll just say that up front. :)

(You covered the reasons why)

Multi-titles are currently governed by usergroups. Thus, though it is possible, it is also currently manual (thus not feasible). In addition, this is going to just be a massive amount of clutter. I also would be remiss to not raise the usual "limited resources - and need to focus" point.

I totally get and appreciate the interest - just not sure we will pursue this at this time.

Hey, at least on TCF you can select any title you have earned, right? ;)
First of all I am honored that you responded to my post. (IT MAKES ME FEEL SPEEEEECIIIALLLL)
Anyway after looking at the code for awhile, It is manual but couldn't you use auto code to automatically apply it? This code would be ran when the user achieved whatever the requirement would be to display multiple titles. Besides that I completely agree with what you said. As other people were saying it might induce follower competition and whatnot. And yes displaying titles is a huge improvement from TO. (SOOOOO MANNNYYY GLITCHESSSS)

Back
Top Bottom