Pixel Art My New (and not so new) Sprites

J-50N

Terrarian
It's been a long time since I was really active on here, and my previous spriting and suggestions threads have mostly shriveled up and died. Rather than try to resurrect them, I decided I would start afresh with this. These have been handpicked from my archives and recent folders. I hope you like them.

Blooms.png
Gazer.png
Gloamglozer.png
Master Caster.png
Ocular Rift All.gif

Lots of sprites for my suggestions to the Avalon Mod.

Blister.gif

A Blister, made for someone's suggestion.

Flying Piranha Flying.gif
Flying Piranha Swimming.gif

A Flying Piranha for one of my suggestions as a Hardmode Piranha. This was made before 1.2 if I recall correctly.

Frostbite.gif
Eye of the Storm Animation.gif
Eye of the Storm Staff.png
Stormling.gif

Several sprites for somebody else's suggestion.

Obsidian Runners.png

Obsidian Runners for my suggestions.

Plantera Seedling.png

A Plantera Seedling, also for my suggestions.

Plantera Bulbs.png

Different variants of Plantera Bulb from when I was almost naïve enough to think I could make four different versions of the jungle.

Projectile Accelerator.png
Lihzahrd Warlock.png
Lihzahrd Forceshield.png
Lihzahrd Cloth.png
Lihzahrd Assassin.png
Laser Prism.png
Hover Hunter.png

Some of the sprites from my Lihzahrd Invasion thread.

Space Squid.gif

Space Squid for @Scarecrow 's derelict Lunar Biome suggestion.

Rift Blade.png

Rift Blade from one of my old boss ideas that I never posted.

Tron Boots.png

Hyperspeed Boots, made for fun.

Hematophage.gif

Hematophage, made for a Parasite Biome I never suggested.

Goblin General.gif

Goblin General

Contagion NPC.png

NPC I made for @Tobbvald 's Contagion biome based on @Daimera 's Abomination, Aberrant and Anomaly. Currently unnamed.

Aetherthrower 2.png

Aetherthrower I made for fun.

Sun Bunny Avatar.gif

My current avatar, which took quite a bit of time. Lots of people like it though, so I guess it was worth it.

Cursed Keystone.gif
Eldritch Curse.png

Cursed Keystone and Eldritch Curse Buff/Debuff for someone's suggestion.

Granite Boulder.png
Granite Enchanter.png
Lightning Bolt.png

Granite Boulder, Granite Enchanter and Lightning Bolt for @Red H2O 's Early Hardmode Thrower thread.

Tesla Turret (Mine).gif

A Tesla Turret made by me pre 1.3 as a player controlled turret.

Goblin Archmage Attacking.gif
A Goblin Archmage. Made for a possibly upcoming suggestion.

Crimson Possessed Guide.png
Contagion Possessed Guide.png
Contagion Possessed Truffle.png
Contagious Truffle 1.gif
Contagious Truffle 2.gif
Contagious Truffling 1.gif
Contagious Truffling 2.gif

Crimson and Contagion Possessed Guide, Contagious Truffle with attacking/summoning/infecting animation and some Contagious Trufflings.

Armor Request.png
Equipment Request.png
Stuff Request.png
Hook Request.png
Summon Staff Request.png

Lots of stuff made for @miniek.

Spirit of Night.png
Spirit of Light.png
Dryad Spirit.png

Spirit of Night, Light and the Dryad's Ghost.

Contagion Moth.png

Contagion Moth enemy.

Scary Tiki Necklace.png

Scary Tiki Necklace tinker made with a Pygmy Necklace, Scary Mask, and Shark Tooth Necklace.

Overcharge Battery Progression.png
Overcharged Star Magnet.png
Heart Overcharger.png
Magnetic Heart Overcharger.png

Several accessories from this suggestion.

Mechanical Cultists.png
Mechanical Worm Connected.png
Mini Signal Drone.png
Amorphmechanical Hood.gif

The Mechanical Cultists and some related sprites for this suggestion.

On the topic of requests, you can request things, but I make no promises to do them quickly or indeed at all. I decide what I do and do not sprite so these are really more like suggestions than requests. I am much more likely to sprite interesting requests in lieu of bland ones. Also, I'm not going to do massive sprites.

Update on requests: School has started, so requests will probably be slow in coming if they make it at all.

Last edited:
It's been a long time since I was really active on here, and my previous spriting and suggestions threads have mostly shriveled up and died. Rather than try to resurrect them, I decided I would start afresh with this. These have been handpicked from my archives and recent folders. I hope you like them.

View attachment 65699 View attachment 65706 View attachment 65707 View attachment 65718 View attachment 65720
Lots of sprites for my suggestions to the Avalon Mod.

View attachment 65698
A Blister, made for someone's suggestion.

View attachment 65703 View attachment 65704
A Flying Piranha for one of my suggestions as a Hardmode Piranha. This was made before 1.2 if I recall correctly.

View attachment 65705 View attachment 65701 View attachment 65702 View attachment 65726
Several sprites for somebody else's suggestion.

View attachment 65719
Obsidian Runners for my suggestions.

View attachment 65722
A Plantera Seedling, also for my suggestions.

View attachment 65721
Different variants of Plantera Bulb from when I was almost naïve enough to think I could make four different versions of the jungle.

View attachment 65723 View attachment 65717 View attachment 65716 View attachment 65715 View attachment 65714 View attachment 65713 View attachment 65711
Some of the sprites from my Lihzahrd Invasion thread.

View attachment 65725
Space Squid for @Scarecrow 's derelict Lunar Biome suggestion.

View attachment 65724
Rift Blade from one of my old boss ideas that I never posted.

View attachment 65728
Hyperspeed Boots, made for fun.

View attachment 65709
Hematophage, made for a Parasite Biome I never suggested.

View attachment 65708
Goblin General

View attachment 65700
NPC I made for @Tobbvald 's Contagion biome based on @Daimera 's Abomination, Aberrant and Anomaly. Currently unnamed.

View attachment 65697
Aetherthrower I made for fun.

View attachment 65727
My current avatar, which took quite a bit of time. Lots of people like it though, so I guess it was worth it.

View attachment 65735 View attachment 65736
Cursed Keystone and Eldritch Curse Buff/Debuff for someone's suggestion.

View attachment 65739 View attachment 65740 View attachment 65741 Granite Boulder, Granite Enchanter and Lightning Bolt for @Red H2O 's Early Hardmode Thrower thread.

View attachment 65737 A Mechanical Cultist, made for fun. Vague headcanon states that these dudes made/serve the Mechanical Bosses.

View attachment 65743
A Tesla Turret made by me pre 1.3 as a player controlled turret.

View attachment 65738 A Goblin Archmage. Made for a possibly upcoming suggestion.

On the topic of requests, you can request things, but I make no promises to do them quickly or indeed at all. I decide what I do and do not sprite so these are really more like suggestions than requests. I am much more likely to sprite interesting requests in lieu of bland ones. Also, I'm not going to do massive sprites.
I would like to see ur take on an alternate to the Terra Blade

I would like to see ur take on an alternate to the Terra Blade
You could be slightly more polite, but regardless here is an alternative to the Terrablade crafted with a True Arkhalis (Which is one of the few swords I think deserve a True upgrade) and a True Cutlass (Which would be broken):
True Arkhalis.png
True Cutlass.png

True Arkhalis and True Cutlass
Arkutlass.png

The Arkutlass

I was originally going to make a True Arkhalis/True Copper Shortsword hybrid since the Terra Blade is crafted with Light and Dark, the other could be crafted with beyond rare and common as mud. However it would have ended up looking much less impressive. So I finally settled on the Cutlass because it is also a fast swinging weapon after briefly considering a True Arkhalis/True Breaker Blade.

Sprites and Storytime:
The Contagious Truffle was originally sprited by me as part of a spriting project/idea I had on the Evils possessing NPCs. Corruption Possessed would become dark, evil and cultist-like, Crimson Possessed would be fleshy horrors or have brain controlling parasites and Contagion Possessed would grow Cordyceps fungi and become skeletal and/or moss-covered (I included the Contagion because I really liked the concept). Long story short I gave up. I did end up with a few decent ones however.
I was going to make three Possessed NPCs per Evil, the Guide and two others.
Crimson Possessed Guide.png
Contagion Possessed Guide.png
Contagion Possessed Truffle.png
These were the three that came out decently. Crimson and Contagion Guide and the Contagion Truffle. Of them, my favorite was the Truffle because I could easily picture how he would behave; ambushing you and spreading the Contagion. So when 1.3 came and I saw the Truffle has a cool new animation I wanted to do something with it and decided to make it the Contagion Truffle.
Contagious Truffle 1.gif
Contagious Truffle 2.gif
These were the results. I made two because I couldn't decide easily if he looked better with or without the extra moss. Then I decided to make his projectiles, which was fairly easy.

So that's how I ended making these, and I'm quite proud of how they all came out.

You should make a texture pack I would love the :red: that u changed or shot even a mod
Major texture packs are becoming ever more tedious to make, now that there are well over 5000 sprites to be changed. Minor ones are still possible and I have contributed to two texture packs: the Clockwork Texture pack which has died and the HD Texture a Day pack which is in danger of extinction. I have also done some spriting for the Avalon mod. I've mostly stopped because I don't like committing several hours a day to repixellating the wheel. If you're after a good texture pack that keeps with the theme of Terraria, I would suggest trying to convince @Zoomo to compile his improvements, although I don't know how that will end up.

Hello! Can I order a set of armor in the style of my profile pic? Both in items and on character plez.
Thanks!

Those are some sexy sprites
I'd like to see your idea for a new monster for the marble biome. Can be anything you want, as long as it fits in with the rest of the biome.

General Replying and Finished Armor Request:
Nice sprites!
You, sire, have some great sprites! You deserve more attention!
P7iNLHa.png
Why, thank you kind sirs.
goddamn, that space squid was ing AGES ago.
Yep. I really liked the idea and my sprite turned out well, so here it is. I wish you'd update your Lunar biome, but I can definitely understand the amount of work required so it's all right.
Nice to see you back and kickin'!
Hopefully I'll be around for a longer while this time, but I'm going to really busy when school starts back up so I end up having to go on hiatus again.
Those are some sexy sprites
I'd like to see your idea for a new monster for the marble biome. Can be anything you want, as long as it fits in with the rest of the biome.
I'll get this one done tomorrow probably.
Hello! Can I order a set of armor in the style of my profile pic? Both in items and on character plez.
Thanks!
Here you go. Enjoy!
Armor Request.png

As much as this is a long shot with a Gatligator when debuffed with Obstructed whilst firing under Gravity Potion toggling when dodging three Moon Lords on stage two...

Would you kindly accept a request for this thread I'm currently working on? I'd like to get some support and if you like the concept behind it, the objective of addressing the need for fun melee combat in hard mode and beyond then I'd highly appreciate some simple sprite to help give visual aids of the ideas discussed. In which case I can give specifies of what things are intended to look like.

Hey, it doesn't hurt to ask, right?
Unless it does, in which case I take it back, I take it all way, way back!!!

As much as this is a long shot with a Gatligator when debuffed with Obstructed whilst firing under Gravity Potion toggling when dodging three Moon Lords on stage two...

Would you kindly accept a request for this thread I'm currently working on? I'd like to get some support and if you like the concept behind it, the objective of addressing the need for fun melee combat in hard mode and beyond then I'd highly appreciate some simple sprite to help give visual aids of the ideas discussed. In which case I can give specifies of what things are intended to look like.

Hey, it doesn't hurt to ask, right?
Unless it does, in which case I take it back, I take it all way, way back!!!
Sorry, but animated weapon usage is really not my thing. I specialize in making items, weapons and enemies, so if your suggestion had had those I probably would have been able to help, but I really don't want to animate players using weapons with new features. For what it's worth, your suggestion does look quite intriguing, although it seems like it would nearly impossible to code without tearing the entire game code down and starting from scratch. Sorry again.

Hello again! I loved the armor. If you have time, can you please make a multi tool (hammer, pickaxe, axe) and two guns (one pistol and one machine gun)? And I would really appreciate if you made some wings (both on character and in item). All in the style of my profile pic and the armor.
Thanks!

(Sorry that I order so many items, but I need them for a mod. Take the time you need!)

Sorry, but animated weapon usage is really not my thing.
Weeeeeeeeeeell... I when in knowing it was a long shot! Thanks for taking a look anyway. I'm glad you found the concept interesting but I'm still really hoping it can be put in be tweaking existing things enough, expose to nuclear reactions level of mutations changes.

If for whatever reason you change your mind or know someone else to recommend and by a miracle remember my thread please send help. Good luck with your future drawing.

Back
Top Bottom