Portfolio/Multi-Topic My Wire Portfolio

Master Geass

Terrarian
With 1.3.1 promising to be the wire update I decided to compile all the ideas I had that involve wire. I also put some ideas that I didn't make thread for.

• Small Breaker - After a pulse passes through it another pulse can't pass through it again for a few seconds.
  • Large Breaker - When active it will not allow a pulse to travel through the top. Can be toggled with a pulse to the bottom.
  • Delayer - After receives a pulse it will send another pulse a set amount of time later.
  • Wire Hub - Allows a pulse to change wire colors.
  • Boss Switch - Sends a pulse once a certain boss has been defeated.
  • Color Coded Keys & Locks - A number of switches that require a matching key to us. Has a team key version.
  • Lock Box - A chest that can be locked/unlocked with a pulse. Can't be opened or mined when locked.
  • Trap Chest - A chest that looks like a gold chest but will send a pulse when opened.
  • Gem Locks - A wall switch that sends a pulse when the matching large gem is placed or removed.
  • Announcement Box - Sends a message in chat when it gets a pulse.
  • Electrified Traps - A few traps that shock anything that touches them when active.
  • Emancipation Grills - Disables your active portals when you walk through it. Cannot shoot a portal bolt through it. Can be toggled on/off.
  • Custom Music Box - Can program a short song or tune into it after setting it down.
  • Security Camera - Will send a pulse when someone walks in front of it. 3 types for players, mobs/NPCs, and everyone.
  • Vault Door - Large door that locked and unlocked with wire. Can't be broken down by mobs.
  • Sonic Screwdriver - A universal remote for all or most of the mechanisms.
  • X-Ray Specs - An accessory that makes wires and actuators visible.
  • Endless Spool - An accessory that gives you unlimited wire but also destroys the wire you cut.
  • Wire Snake - For long distance wire placement.
  • Sentry Gun - A trap that used bullets and the angle could be change. Also has a portal version.
  • New Teleporters - New styles of Teleporters such as a crystal teleporter and a warp pipe. Both would be crafted with Teleporters.
  • Jack in the Box - Looks like a gold chest but has a harmless jester inside. Could be wired to pop open.
  • Drawbridge - A simple bridge ether 4 or 6 blocks long. When it gets a pulse it will rise up or go down like a door would open or close. It can't do so if a block is in the way.
  • Critter Statues - Summon statures for squirrels, the scorpions, penguins, and random butterflies.
  • Medical Statue - Summons the Nurse. Useful for healing in the field.
  • Tree Statue - Should summons the Dryad. Useful for Dryad's blessing.
  • Hornet Statue - Should summon a hornet.
  • Boulder Dispenser - 2x2 box. Has a small storage capacity and will place boulders from it's storage right next to it if there is room. Would likely need something to place them on.
  • Weighted Presser Plate - Sends a pulse both when step on and off.
  • Weighted Cube - Furniture. Can pick picked up just by right clicking it. Can be placed on the Weighted Presser Plate to keep it from sending another pulse. Good for puzzle maps.
  • Atomizer - Uses a potion in it's storage to give you a buff.
  • Grenade launchers - A trap that shoots grenades.
  • Spleef Tools - A new type of Actuator for a game of Spleef.
  • Remotes and Receivers - Color coded remotes when used as an item will make any receivers with in 50 or so blocks output a wire pulse.

Last edited:
This is the best portfolio ever! :)
But weighted pressure plates should be called floor buttons I think

That Portfolio fits on the next update, that will change both mechanics and wire mechanics. I support.

I'm so happy to see one of my suggestions being added to the game. From the looks of these spoilers the Gem Locks will be added in the 1.3.1 update. This is the first time one of my suggestions has been added, excluding the lava lamp which never did anything anyway and I kind of forgot about.
XIPE9ML.png

kGzMnVG.gif

Back
Top Bottom