Drawings & Paintings Mystic's Derpy Art Thread of Derpiness

Mystic Neon Rain

Skeletron Prime
Mystic Neon Rain's Derpy Art Thread of Derpiness

Intro Thing

Hey! My name is Mystic Neon Rain (you can call me Mystic or Rain for short). I draw mainly anime and fanart, but I also have my own art style that I call "anime realistic" (not to be confused with realistic anime :p) that's basically like the realistic art style with a hint of anime.
I draw with traditional media--Copic Markers and Prismacolor Colored Pencils. I don't have a scanner, so I'm just taking photos of the pictures (Pictureception?) with an iPad/phone (which means that the quality of the pictures aren't always the best).
Pictures aren't in spoilers, but if the post is too long then I'll try to put everything in spoilers.
I'm going to be blunt: no, I'm not taking requests right now. I might take requests for a limited amount of time in the future, though.
Also, please do not use my art or share my art on any other websites without asking my permission first.
Anyway, that's it! Pictures are ordered from newest to oldest; critique and feedback are always appreciated!

Anime Drawings
THIS DOESN'T HAVE A TITLE, IT'S BASICALLY JUST TWO DUDES LISTENING TO MUSIC
Cough totally not James and Myrin nope Cough Cough.jpg

Eeeyup. Drawn with Prismacolor pencils instead of Copics. I like how it turned out, esp. the right one's hair. His skin color's kind of odd and I screwed up the face shape again, but oh well XD

RITSU BEIN BAE
Rit-chan (Ritsu) Being Bae.jpg

MORE RITSU! Don't question my weird picture names, lmao. The photo is a lot duller than the actual picture, but I can't find a way to brighten it so for now it'll just have to stay like that.

V4 FLOWER - LEIA - FINISHED VER.
V4 Flower - Leia fin.jpg

I thought it would be a good idea to have colorful flowers like in the source pic.
I was wrong.

V4 FLOWER
V4 Flower - 2015 Release Date.jpg

Made in celebration of Flower's V4 and her first release-date-anniversary-thing/basically, character birthday

AKISE ARU
Akise Aru.JPG

Akise Aru from Mirai Nikki. Drawn for Esreadel.
The Japanese says "Akise Aru", then "Mirai Nikki".
Notable for being the first time I've ever really experimented with perspectives.

YUKI SOHMA
Yuki Sohma.jpg

Yuki Sohma from Fruits Basket.

ALOIS TRANCY
Alois Trancy - Cardstock.jpg

Alois being himself. (Black Butler fan art)

VELARIA AND ESREADEL
Esraedel's Request - OCs.jpg

Esreadel's request of his OCs, Velaria and Esreadel.

EXCESSION
Excession Request.jpg

Excession's request of his OC, Excession.

YI ER FANCLUB - LEN AND OLIVER
Yi Er Fanclub - Oliver and Len.jpg

Kagamine Len and Oliver from Vocaloid, from the song Yi Er Fanclub (AKA 1, 2 Fanclub or Ii Aru Fanclub). Oliver is a cat person because wai not. :p
The Japanese caption reads "Ii Aru Fanclub". I'm sorry, my handwriting is terrible >_<

CIEL OF APPROVAL
Ciel of Approval.jpg

Ciel, Alois, and Claude from Black Butler. Based off of people pronouncing his name wrong and saying "Seal" instead of "Ciel". Ignore that thing in the left corner, that's my finger trying to keep my sketchbook open :P
In case you can't read my handwriting:
Ciel (main portrait): But I never said anything...
Alois: (Squee!) YAY! Ciel approves of me moving next to him! We can be next door neighbors!
Claude: Where do you want me to put the mansion, Young Master?
Note by mansion: Trancy Manor
Chibi Ciel: W--but--but I never--what--Trancy--But--why--but--

MATRYOSHKA - PIKO AND LUI
Matryoshka - Piko and Lui.jpg

Utatane Piko and Hibiki Lui from Vocaloid, from the song Matryoshka. (If you don't recognize them, it's because Piko isn't very well-known and Lui is voice-less and assumed cancelled.)
The Japanese captions say "Matryoshka: Piko - Lui".

HIO AND OLIVER
Hio and Oliver.jpg

YOHIOloid and Oliver from Vocaloid, plus Cubi (the flying cube thing) and James (the bird) who are their pets. Technically they aren't related, but I think of them as brothers, so I decided to draw something based off of that with Hio talking to Oliver (and probably giving him some bad advice, because Hio's derpy like that ._.)
The dialogue in the corner says, "Hio...you need a haircut...you have so much hair..."

Anime Realistic Drawings
RUSAWJA
RUSAWJA MY WAIFU  crie.jpg

My OC, Rusawja. He's my waifu for some odd reason XD Idk. I've drawn him tons of times over the years, but this is the closest I've gotten to drawing him like how I imagine him looking.
I'm pretty satisfied with this, but my hand slipped when I was coloring his hair, so the hair near his right cheek ((viewer's left)) goes in front of his face slightly. So now his face shape looks a little weird. orz

PANDA HERO GUMIYA/GUMO
Panda Hero Gumiya.jpg

Yup, this is the first time I've ever done side view in realistic. It looks weird asf :p
Basically I drew this because I am obsessed with the character design for Gumi from the song Panda Hero. The song itself is ok imo, and I don't like the tuning of her voice in that song, but I love the design XD This picture is of her genderbend, Gumiya (AKA Gumo).

NANASE HARUKA
Realistic Haru 2.JPG

Nanase Haruka from Free.
I used a reference picture of a cosplayer for this picture, which is why the right arm looks weird--zoomed out, the pose in the original looks fine, but zoomed in portrait-style, the arm looks weird (in the original and thus this too). Also, please ignore the goggles. I couldn't get them to look right...
He doesn't look quite how I wanted him to--he wound up looking younger/more feminine than I imagine him looking...he looks almost like Ciel XD ...and also he's not as muscular as he should be given that he's a swimmer. xD
Btw, don't ask about his facial expression. I don't know what happened there xD He's usually more emotionless, but I wanted him to be kind of slightly smiling. Then I think something happened with the eyebrows and now he has this out of character facial expression XD
*random rant* OH YEAH AND HIS HAIR DOESN'T LOOK VERY GOOD IN THE PHOTO I'm not happy with how the photo turned out :v The hair looks better in the actual picture, sorry...

YOKUNE RUKO
Realistic - Yokune Ruko.JPG

Yokune Ruko, the UTAU. I tried varying her appearance more than the others: thinner and longer/more masculine face shape, slightly different skin tone, shading under the cheekbones, and a somewhat tired/disheveled appearance since she's known for drinking coffee. I also used reference pictures for the hair, so I think it looks more realistic.

NAMINE RITSU
Realistic - Namine Ritsu.jpg

Namine Ritsu, the UTAU, AKA The Greatest Troll on The Internet Despite Not Being an Actual Person.

DUSK
Dusk Realistic Portrait, smaller ver..jpg

Dusk, my OC from my story Tales of Terraria. I think this is the best realistic manga picture I've drawn so far.

HATSUNE MIKU
Realistic - Hatsune Miku.jpg

Hatsune Miku, drawn for a birthday present for a friend. I have no idea what she's doing with her hand. ._. Moving her hair, I guess? Idk.
I'm going to apologize to Baconfry and all other Miku fans right now, because I know I drew her face all wrong...sorry....

GUMI
Realistic - Megumi Yumiya.jpg

Gumi from Vocaloid. Megumi Yumiya is my headcanon for her full name--technically her name's just Gumi.

Last edited:
Yay! You finally did it!

Another pencil/paper art thread that is better than mine :p
I need to work on faces.

I like the style! They're all very good! Of course mine is the best though.

Yay! You finally did it!
*FF Victory fanfare* Yup, I've finally got an art thread. xD
Another pencil/paper art thread that is better than mine :p
I need to work on faces.
I recommend taking a piece of paper and just practicing drawing over and over. Draw faces in different views--mainly normal and 3/4 view since profile/side view is hard, so you should focus on the other perspectives first. Find an art style you like and try to observe how those artists draw. If you need any help, feel free to ask. :)
I like the style! They're all very good! Of course mine is the best though.
Thank you xD I might redraw your request some time in the future. I think it looks kinda weird, partly because of how I drew the scythe.

More art!
Yokune Ruko:
Realistic - Yokune Ruko.JPG

Yokune Ruko, the UTAU. I tried varying her appearance more than the others: thinner and longer/more masculine face shape, slightly different skin tone, shading under the cheekbones, and a somewhat tired/disheveled appearance since she's known for drinking coffee. I also used reference pictures for the hair, so I think it looks more realistic.

This stuff's pretty nice. Classic anime style, good to have. If I may, I notice your drawings at 3/4 view look a bit strange. Your eyes are a bit too far apart, I think. Just a bit of constructive criticism, something that doesn't get thrown around enough here.

Props for doing stuff traditional, I don't have the materials or patience for that. Keep it up!

I think I'm going to start following other artist's examples and start Liking posts instead of replying to all of them. :p
If I may, I notice your drawings at 3/4 view look a bit strange. Your eyes are a bit too far apart, I think. Just a bit of constructive criticism, something that doesn't get thrown around enough here.
Yeah, I've noticed that the eyes seem to be too far apart in general, so I've been trying to work on that and 3/4 view. The thing about 3/4 view is that I have trouble with the perspective for the eyes ._. I appreciate the criticism though, thank you.
Yeah. "Hint" of anime.
...It's based off of the FF art style (realistic but still slightly anime-esque), but yeah, my art style is still more anime than realistic atm. :p

Back
Top Bottom