Nature-filled spawn

TheOneAndOnlyAeris

Skeletron Prime
n3KZtP4.png

On trippy setting. How do you like it? Too green? Too many flowers? House is out of place? Dislike that cauldron in the corner?
Please leave some constructive criticism as to how this build could be improved, I'd appreciate it :D

Too much green. Try some yellow lighting?

Oh, and the chimney on the house looks a bit awkward. Try raising it up a bit so the roof doesn't have a big dent in it.

I'm actually digging all the green with those pops of yellow from the sunflowers. :)

The small lakes and the overhang on the left look mostly blocky. You should probably hammer some slopes into them for a smoother curve.

qXgBAKX.png

Dem big psuedo-trees.

Following the few ideas given, I've refined it, and also lit up the little lakes. I've lit up most areas around the sunflowers with yellow torches and made the chimney less awkward :p

PS: Would there be any way to light up the roof of the little shack without making it look weird?

You could make a small closed attic with a chest and an alchemy lantern or something. They dont give off that much light, and it's green-ish as well :)
Ah, I'll try! Thanks!
With Alchemy Lanterns, maybe I can make the area beside the house into a natural alchemy place or something! (Natural alchemy place? Aeris! Don't you know that there are way better words than that?!)

UPDATE: [Edit]
Does this look better? I've included a day shot too! :D
aVZzWOG.png

OYc0I7x.png

PS: There's some noticeable differences (Le giant pine tree) but there are some minute changes, see if you can find them :p

Last edited:
Nature is awesome :3
I have some suggestions as .. I love building natural buildings and stuff meow
Try using green lights instead of the green torches you can buy them from Santa if you set your computer date to Christmas I think...
Also buy some Christmas trees from santa place them around the spawn a little. Also more details. Natural buildings are never straight or perfectly round or anything continous you need to be random to make it look natural for example that pool of water in the bottom left looks too round.
Otherwise nice ideas :3 meow

I think there should still be a little more yellow light to throw in some more variation. Maybe some blue light in a few places (other than that one tree, of course). Also, I would like to see a version without the lit up lakes, but that's just me.

Different from other people, I don't have a problem with the amount of color, it looks awesome!

Okay, okay, maybe add a little more yellow? Otherwise, this is cool!

This looks awesome, maybe when it's done you could post a world download?
I'll be building other things on the world as well, currently working on a rainbow tower/kingdom thing ^w^ After all that, I'll compile all my builds into one thread and give a download link :D

Nature is awesome :3
I have some suggestions as .. I love building natural buildings and stuff meow
Try using green lights instead of the green torches you can buy them from Santa if you set your computer date to Christmas I think...
Also buy some Christmas trees from santa place them around the spawn a little. Also more details. Natural buildings are never straight or perfectly round or anything continous you need to be random to make it look natural for example that pool of water in the bottom left looks too round.
Otherwise nice ideas :3 meow

Different from other people, I don't have a problem with the amount of color, it looks awesome!

Okay, okay, maybe add a little more yellow? Otherwise, this is cool!
I'll get some of those christmas lights if I can, and I'll put in more yellow, await a picture post!
PS: I really need something that provides yellow light other than yellow torches. Someone help? (I'm not using gemspark in this build, so plox :p)

UPDATE [EDIT]:
DAY
JZPdViQ.jpg

NIGHT
ejzN0Ml.png

Edit 2:
Also, I would like to see a version without the lit up lakes, but that's just me.
I'm sorry! I didn't see your comment before taking the pictures, maybe next time? :p

Last edited:
I'm sorry! I didn't see your comment before taking the pictures, maybe next time? :p
No problem. It's just that underwater lighting has always bugged me because you have two choices: Have awkward dark circles in between your lights or have too many lights too close together and have it look weird. I just prefer not to have bodies of water lit up unless they have to be. Also, for the yellow light, try ichor torches. If you paint their bases green, they'll fit in really well with the rest of this build.
Edit: I'm not so sure about the christmas trees having lights. Also, the crystal shards don't feel like they belong here. You're trying to add to much detail and since it's nature, a minimalist approach is probably your best bet. Use less lighting dispersed more, ease up on the decorations, and try to use softer light sources wherever possible. And take this however you want as it is your build and this is my opinion.

Last edited:
Christmas lights are your friend, if you want to light not too deep pools or bodies of water use blue lights, they make for a really awesome looking pool especially if everything else is dark :3
Also, the Update now looks much better :3

Also, for the yellow light, try ichor torches.
While staring at light sources, I noticed that living wood light sources (except for the lanterns lol) give off yellow light, so I'll use that instead, cuz' I think ichor torches are a little too bright. I'll also make sure I don't put lighting in the water this time!
Christmas lights are your friend, if you want to light not too deep pools or bodies of water use blue lights, they make for a really awesome looking pool especially if everything else is dark :3
Also, the Update now looks much better :3
Delicious information :D Too bad there aren't yellow lights :( Ah well. I'll see how the christmas lights look in the water, might break my previous promise to Zanthor. :p

UPDATE [EDIT]:
DAY
aPPeBes.jpg

NIGHT
S6ZCoqN.png

Breaking my promise to Zanthor (Sorry! :p), I lit up the ponds, slightly. With dem blue christmas lights. I also used living wood lamps instead for the yellow lighting and replaced the lights in the root home. There are other changes, find them yourself :)

Wow, that looks amazing! I'm surprised with how well the lakes turned out. I'll have to remember that for my own builds. I'm really glad you toned the color down, because your previous version just had way too much going on. And the lamps work perfectly! I didn't even know they were a thing. And you may want to add in just a little bit of red to get a nice contrast going to break up some of the parts that are just green. Maybe paint the top block of some of the yellow marigolds red? I dunno. Just experiment with it.

Wow, that looks amazing! I'm surprised with how well the lakes turned out. I'll have to remember that for my own builds. I'm really glad you toned the color down, because your previous version just had way too much going on. And the lamps work perfectly! I didn't even know they were a thing. And you may want to add in just a little bit of red to get a nice contrast going to break up some of the parts that are just green. Maybe paint the top block of some of the yellow marigolds red? I dunno. Just experiment with it.
I will, right now, in fact! Once I'm done experimenting with things, I'll post a picture! Wait for the edit :D

[EDIT] UPDATE:

PkQsKjL.png

I've painted a small portion to the right of the build red/pink. I don't think it looks good.. :p

oD3yS5m.png

uObgAQH.png

In this day and night views, I've dotted some strange plants (And blueberries and sky blue flowers) around and put down some red lighting!

I prefer the latter, but I don't think painted trees would look that bad. What do you people think?

Last edited:
Reactions: Chi
Back
Top Bottom