NPCs & Enemies New Boss and NPC - The Wanderer and The Creator [Sprites]

MournfulRelic

The Destroyer
I was thinking that there should be a creator of the mechanical bosses, as many people think there should be. This is my idea for that.

New NPC-The Wanderer

After Plantera has been defeated, The Wanderer will start horizontally traveling the world, from one ocean to another. When you meet him for the first time, he would have a menu like the Old Man's. He would look sorta how Luke Skywallker from the force awakens looks.

There would be an option in his talking menu that says "Activate." Upon clicking this, a boss will spawn.

The Creator
'.png
(Sprite by @DerpoTheMagnificent, scythe added on by @Pinelord)
The creator has 5 forms (Most based off of mech bosses) and a nice loot table, as well as a new debuff, so let's get right to it!

Stats:
30,000 health
50 defense
70 damage(touching)
Inflicts a debuff on you while he is alive
Immune to all debuffs except for cursed flames and poison
Goes through blocks

Near Death!

Scythe Debuff.png
(Sprite by Pinelord)
Incapacitates the player
Sets your maximun health to 75%(Maybe 80%?) of it(Does not negate lifeforce potions)
and increases enemy spawn rate. Inflicted when the Creator or his scythe attack hits you and lasts 2 minutes.

1st form
He will fly after you, swinging his scythe and sending death sickle-like projectiles at you which do 60 damage each. His speed is equivalent to hermes boots, and his scythe projectiles move like demon sickles, slow at first but then speeding up.

2nd Form( Activated after he reaches 20,000 health)
Sends two mini destroyers after you, as well as becoming invulnerable
210px-The_Destroyer.png

4000 health
Head - 80 damage
Regular segment - 30 damage
Tail - 20 damage
Probe - 50 damage each laser, 30 contact damage
Overall, fuctions like a regular destroyer.

3rd Form( Activated once both mini destroyers are killed)
He grows 4 Skeletron Prime Appendages (Please note that these do include @SzGamer227's Alternates. These appendages have the same properties, sprites, and similar stats, as listed in his thread, so I highly recommend checking it out!)

Stats
Mini Prime Vice
2000 health
17 defense
60 damage

...or...

Mini Prime Axe
2500 health
20 defense
70 damage
--------------------
Mini Prime Saw
3000 health
14 defense
77 damage

...or...

Mini Prime Blade
2500 health
10 defense
80 damage
--------------------
Mini Prime Laser
2000 health
10 defense
58 ranged and contact damage

...or...

Mini Prime Machinegun
2000 health
12 defense
45 contact and ranged damage
---------------------
Mini Prime Cannon
2000 health
15 defense
70 artillery and contact damage
65 mine damage

...or...

Mini Prime Enforcer
2000 health
11 defense
75 shotgun and contact damage
88 flame damage

After lowering him down to 13000 health and defeating the appendages, he starts to get rougher.
4th form
Sends out two mini twins (thats 4 eyes total) not unlike the optic staff ones and swings his scythe at you again.
Retinazer Mini - 19000 health, 30 defense, 67 contact and laser damage
Spazmatism Mini - 21000 health, 29 defense, 70 contact and flame damage

Alright, we're almost done. Once you lower him down to 5000 health, he gets really mad
5th form
Defense buffed to 56
Contact damage buffed to 80
Scythe damage buffed to 75

He sends out 1 mini destroyer, 1 mini twins, grows two more skeletron prime hands, and starts chasing you again.

Loot!

Yay! You beat him. Now time for the sweet drops.

Saturn's Sickle
Red Ghosty Goo Scythe.png
(Sprite by Pinelord)
57 melee damage
average speed
Shoots three death sickle-like projectiles in a shotgun spread that cannot penetrate walls and hit for 37 damage each
33.3% drop chance

Shrapnel Burst
Metal.png
Metal Projectie.png
(Sprite by @Pinelord)
65 magic damage
very fast speed
Shoots pieces of shrapnel in random directions
weak knockback
33.3% drop chance

Super Burst Rifle
Laser Gun.png
(Sprite by Pinelord)
35 ranged damage
fast speed
Shoots in bursts of 5 bullets, but only consumes 1
33.3% drop chance

(note that these three weapons CANNOT be dropped together)

Death's Clothes
30 defense (10 for each piece)
May be vanity item
if not, set bonus = health regeneration of 6 health/sec and immunity to Near Death!
Deadpool.png
(Sprite by DerpoTheMagnificent)
2% drop chance for whole set

Crusader Armor
4 colors
72 defense (head = 25, chest = 23, greaves = 21)
Set bonus = 9% increased critical strike chance, melee and magic damage, +20 mana
MYGODTHISISAWESOME!.png

10% chance to drop random color full set(Sprite by DerpoTheMagnificent)

Shopping...and some other stuff...
The Wanderer will again traverse the the world horizontally once The Creator has been defeated. Upon defeating the creator multiple times, he will sell more items.

If The Wanderer is 25 blocks away from an empty house, he will move into it, but only for two nights before leaving to wander all over the world. For these two nights, there will be a 1/5(20%) chance of a mechanical boss spawning.

Sales
Note that he sells these things regardless of whether he is in a house or not.

After one victory:
Bread(1
Silver_Coin.png
) - two slices of these can be crafted into a sandwich at a workbench, which gives a sandwich buff
Sandwich Buff bigger.png
(Sprite by @DerpoTheMagnificent) that increases knockback and melee damage
Armor Plating(1
Gold_Coin.png
) Consumable. Gives 1.5x(2x?) defense for 1 minute

After two victories (including the previous items):
Destroyer Shell
Destroyed Segment bigger.png
(Sprite by DerpoTheMagnificent. 5
Gold_Coin.png
) - Equipable. When you take 20+ damage, a probe with 5 health comes out and shoots lasers at enemies, as well as dealing contact damage. Think of it as a type of star cloak.

After 3 victories (including all previous items):
Cursed Flamethrower (10
Gold_Coin.png
) - 32 ranged damage. Shoots a cursed flame. Uses cursed gel for ammo, which is crafted at a hardmode anvil with 15 gel and 1 cursed flame/ichor. Makes 15.

I think that's about it. This is my first boss suggestion, and feedback and ideas are always appreciated:).

Last edited:
Really nice idea, but what would the Wanderer NPC say when you converse with it?
Also, don't you think that the Creator's minions are a bit too powerful? 30,000 + 8,000 + 8,000 (again, for each of the two mini Destroyers) + 44,000 (for the two Eyes)... plus being attacked many timers over... a bit much, don't you think?
But yeah, great idea otherwise!

Really nice idea, but what would the Wanderer NPC say when you converse with it?
Also, don't you think that the Creator's minions are a bit too powerful? 30,000 + 8,000 + 8,000 (again, for each of the two mini Destroyers) + 44,000 (for the two Eyes)... plus being attacked many timers over... a bit much, don't you think?
The point was sorts to make his minions do the stuff mainly, but ill balance that. Also I cant really come up with quotes but ill try on thursday when I have time. Thank you for the feedback

sorry for double post, first of all. Is it better now?

It is rather weak for a post-plantera entity. The most damage he can do is 50, compare it to 72 for the golem, 70 for plantera and 150 for DF! With a good armor -understand: beetle shell-, the damages get negated, and it becomes a piece of cake.

P.S. Guess what I thought seeing
he gets really mad
"Now I'm really getting rather mad, you're like a niggly tickly :red:ty little tag nut! When I'll knock you out with all my bab I'm going to take your head and ram it to my butt!"
"-Your butt?"
"-My butt!"
"-Your butt?"
"-That's right, my butt!"
"-Eww!"
"-My butt!"
"-Eww!"
"-MY BUUUUUUUT!"

It is rather weak for a post-plantera entity. The most damage he can do is 50, compare it to 72 for the golem, 70 for plantera and 150 for DF! With a good armor -understand: beetle shell-, the damages get negated, and it becomes a piece of cake.

P.S. Guess what I thought seeing

"Now I'm really getting rather mad, you're like a niggly tickly :red:ty little tag nut! When I'll knock you out with all my bab I'm going to take your head and ram it to my butt!"
"-Your butt?"
"-My butt!"
"-Your butt?"
"-That's right, my butt!"
"-Eww!"
"-My butt!"
"-Eww!"
"-MY BUUUUUUUT!"
Ok, I'll buff him then.
Edit: Better?

Last edited:
I really like this idea, I hope you can find a talented individual to code this or even learn to code it yourself (if you are learning or want to). Full support :)

Purely grand idea, but think about this thing. Would the boss teleport, would he go through blocks, and what buffs would he ignore. That is what you decide.

Back
Top Bottom