Votes: 14 93.3%
  • No, and I can tell you why.

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit

Ninja_Hook.png

Ninja Hook

The ninja hook is a new item sold by the merchant for two gold. It uses rope coils as ammo, which it has a 33% chance of not using. It works similar to a grappling hook, but instead of firing a grappling hook, it fires a rope with a grapple tied to the end.

When the grapple hits a solid block, it will lock on, and a whole new list of physics will be applied.

The way it basically works, is the player will be able to swing back and forth on the rope, and raise or lower themselves.

This is almost like the anti-gravity hook, but ironically enough, gravity applies to it.

You can swing back and forth to gain moment, and even let go and fly off if you want to.

I am not sure how effectively this was explained, but thank you for reading!

Please leave a like, some constructive criticism, or fill out the poll.

Last edited:
I thought of an idea like this a few days ago, but they were whips and they did damage and there were different kinds. But I never posted it. I think you have telepathic powers. I think this would be a cool edition to the game.

Maybe made the Steampunk or Cyborg sell a flying thingymgjig as a block you can place in the air to grapple to, and as a reference to Grappling Gary.

I like this idea! Boss fights will be interesting with this.

Also, one question. What will happen if the player grapples the ground?

I think it would be like Worms' ninja rope, you will grapple in the ground and can slam your body in the ground in a funny way.

Maybe the player will not be able to grapple to blocks lower than they are?
Seems pretty cool, but I don't think it should use ammo (or it should get an upgrade that doesn't use ammo).
I'll make it so that the rope usement chance is 33%.
This sounds awesome, but it should be sold by the goblin tinkerer. Partially to gate it slightly more, and partially since it looks like a harpoon.
It'll be useless by then.
Maybe made the Steampunk or Cyborg sell a flying thingymgjig as a block you can place in the air to grapple to, and as a reference to Grappling Gary.
Not really sure what that is.

This sounds like it makes an interesting early Hook for when you haven't made your Normal/Gem Hook yet. And even then in situations where swinging back and forth is a good strategy, this item would be the king of strategies involving this. It sounds like it would work similarly to the Grapple Beam from Super Metroid/ Metroid Prime which would be interesting and give some great nostalgia to NES/SNES Era Games.

Back
Top Bottom