Game Mechanics Option to play Multiplayer via Steam

byAbeeL

Queen Slime
Now, Talking about this, we really need a feature like this, Reasons:
1.- More safe than other ways
2.- More easy to play
3.- Less lag
4.- You can play with your Steam friends
I hope the developers are working on a feature like this for 1.3, but for now we need answers, so i want to tag @Cenx @Redigit and @Loki if he know something
Spread this thread to make the developers see it please, we need something like this now, you know that with this the people will play more multplayer with less lag, official servers, etc, but without removing the via IP way and adding the lan option too, so in the menu in multiplayer would have 3 options:
Via IP
Via Steam Friends
Via Lan
Spread this and make the thread popular! @Baconfry @SzGamer227 @Frous @Samrux @Milt69466 @MetaKnight956 @Pumpking

Last edited:
Spread this and make the thread popular! @@Baconfry @@SzGamer227 @@Frous @@Samrux @@Milt69466
y u no include meh???

So I think you mean being able to play with your friends online like with the console version??
If so, yes!! This should be added.

Spread this and make the thread popular! @@Baconfry @@SzGamer227 @@Frous @@Samrux @@Milt69466
y u no include meh???

So I think you mean being able to play with your friends online like with the console version??
If so, yes!! This should be added.
Sorry XD
Yea, but via steam, because installing hamachi or gameranger to play online with so much lag and other things, problems, etc, is better to play via steam with your friends like the other games

Good idea, but I don't see how there will be less lag running through steam as opposed to a dedicated server.

I really like this suggestion. Using Tshock, Hamachii, or even the Server Feature in the game files is way more complicated than if this were to be added. I give this feature the fullest support I can possibly give
Seal of Approval.jpg

Good idea, but I don't see how there will be less lag running through steam as opposed to a dedicated server.
Less lag with the connections, with hamachi you get so much lag in your friend server, or the same to your friend

Hamachi is far from necessary. Have you tried the dedicated server program (vanilla)?

I won't comment on 1.3 outside of things I'm allowed to say, sorry. ;)

Hamachi is far from necessary. Have you tried the dedicated server program (vanilla)?

I won't comment on 1.3 outside of things I'm allowed to say, sorry. ;)
Hory shet
So you mean by vanilla the Terraria itself or other program? cuz i don't know what are you talking about xD

Except said lag is inconsisent and based on the connections of those involved.

Case in point, I don't have lag nor have those that have joined my servers using vanilla over the past few years. Then again, I have the pipe and gear to host and still play. That said, mileage may vary and that's certainly understood - but outside of a central dedicated server bank (which we could consider, but would require either a crazy amount of additional human resource to manage/admin or would just be left to their own devices, risking chaos).

Steam may help find people, but it won't fix connection issues or system issues.

Not ignoring the issues, just placing some things out there.

Back
Top Bottom