Weapons & Equip Paintball Machine Gun

DestroyerArcher

The Destroyer
I just got the paintball gun, but realized 2 things about it.
1. it's not autofire.
2. It can't paint blocks/use different colored ammo.
Thus, I think we could give Skeletron Prime a new item to use with his souls of fright.

Paintball Machine Gun:
PaintballMachinegun.png

25 Ranged Damage
6% Crit Chance
Insanely Fast Speed:3
25% to not consume ammo
Strong knockback

Autofire
Paints blocks when used

To craft this thing, it will cost you:
Paintball_Gun.png

Soul_of_Fright.png

Hallowed_Bar.png

Unlike the paint gun, this will use paint from the painter as ammunition. Paint will not give the gun any damage bonuses, only change the color and painted blocks. When a paint projectile gets in contact with a mob or block, it will explode paint in a 5 block diameter area. If the exploded paint touches any blocks, the color of the block will be painted the color of the paint you used.
This would be useful for painting blocks from a long distance, as it would paint them. This will not completely replace the megashark, as this cannot use any bullets, but as the paint explodes, could be useful for crowd control.

However, some users may not like having to refill ammo all the time and having their blocks painted...so an item to complement the paintball machine gun:

Endless Paint Canister(Changes color to match the paint used to craft it)
Endless paint canister.png

Crafted from:
White_Paint.png
(Any color)
Crystal_Shard.png

At a crystal ball

Like normal paint, the Endless Paint Canister will be able to be used with paintbrushes to paint objects, and will never be consumed. However, when using the Paintball Machine Gun, this will not paint blocks, only change the color of projectiles fired..

Last edited:
I'm not sure if i support this suggestion..

While some extra range on painting things and the extra speed would always be welcome, this would only really be useful when actually painting an entire area/house with the same color.

If one would want to paint different layers of blocks in different colors, this gun has no advantages over what we already have, it would have a high risk of shooting twice where you only want to fire once, and it paints several blocks at once.. So you'd quite literally "missciick" every paintball you fire.

Another problem is that, since it isn't quite so useful as a tool, and neither as a weapon since it has rather low damage for Post-mech hardmode AND has nearly no knockback..
The only true purpose i would see is to paint anything that isn't yours. It would certainly be the tool of my choice if I were to do a friend a favor and paint his housing bright pink or another color.

Finally, seeing how paints is actually really easy to get in great numbers, I'd say 90% chance not to consume ammo is a bit too high. One could spend only a couple of gold for like 10 full stacks of paint, and this would essentially never run out. If this would be used by someone with the intention to do a lot of unwanted painting, he'd be easily able to actually paint the majority of a world. And there wouldn't be an easy way to scrape all that paint away.

i have a suggestion for your suggestion
maybe the infinite paint canisters should be allowed to be shot
but instead of exploding, they paint one block

If we added a much needed painting gun, it wouldn't be very practical this way... I can see pressing left click once on this thing and having half my house be negative.

Back
Top Bottom