NPCs & Enemies Painters who paint anything

Baconfry

Terrarian
Painternpc.png

I like to think of the Painter as a forum-goer who owns an art thread. (Like I would know what that's like.) I gotta say this on the Painter's behalf: I actually like many of the pieces he sells. But there's one problem with this guy that prevents his art thread from becoming successful.

He doesn't take requests.

That collection of 14 paintings? That's all he has, and that's all he can do. Hmph! A true artist cannot restrain himself to such limited boundaries! He must allow his imagination to expand outwards and be free! Or, at the very least, he should be able to look at an existing painting and copy it. That's what this suggestion is about.

I'd like to welcome the Painter to the "NPCs who are useful for reasons other than selling stuff" club! Currently composed of the Guide, Goblin Tinkerer, Dryad, Nurse, Stylist, Clothier (sorta), Angler, aaand... well, that's it. This new function, "Paint" (what else?), would open up an interface similar to the Tinkerer's "Reforge". One input slot, one output slot. And the input slot only accepts paintings. Now, for only 3
Gold_Coin.png
, the Painter will create an extra copy of that painting for you to keep! Any painting works.

Some paintings generate when a world is created, some are only obtainable during holiday events, and there's one that you have to obtain randomly as a quest reward from that ungrateful whelp. Loads and loads of trouble to get extra copies of. Kind of makes you want to scream "for gosh sakes, Stefano, why can't you just draw the damn thing?" Hopefully that's something solved by the Paint function.

That's only the first part of the suggestion, though. I like to think that once the Painter has drawn something new, he'd spend his free time practicing and drawing it again. So don't be surprised if you find a new sample of familiar paintings available for purchase every day! (Up to four paintings that have been created before by the "Paint" function in the current world will appear in the Painter's list. Like items that were first sold to an NPC, they disappear when purchased, but the list refreshes every day.) The price is 1
Gold_Coin.png
, the same as the other paintings the Painter sells.

Looks like that's it! I will take some time to highlight another gem of a suggestion, though. This one's by @Vikri: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/sculpter-npc.7748/

And I'm pointing it out here because the Sculptor would be made even more useful if, like the Painter, he were able to create copies of statues that the player brings in. The suggestion is great, I strongly recommend reading it.

And thus we enter the obligatory "the suggestion is done, now I must encourage people to provide good feedback so this can develop further" section. What a bother! Just use whatever tools the forum provides to show your appreciation and share your thoughts, and have a nice day!

This looks fantastic. I really only ever use paintings as something to collect, but I am not much of a creative builder anyway. I can see how lots of people would like this though. I support this fully.

Really man, really?

OT: I think this would be a damn good suggestion, I like Decorating stuff, even though I suck, and paintings are super cool! I like that one where there's a red demon face that looks all really badly drawn or something. That's the one I like. Um... well yeah, good idea, but like... the sculptor might be a bit OP considering... Heart Statues and Star Statues, yknow.

But overall this is an awesome idea, and I support it until... whatever I just support it.

Really man, really?

OT: I think this would be a damn good suggestion, I like Decorating stuff, even though I suck, and paintings are super cool! I like that one where there's a red demon face that looks all really badly drawn or something. That's the one I like. Um... well yeah, good idea, but like... the sculptor might be a bit OP considering... Heart Statues and Star Statues, yknow.

But overall this is an awesome idea, and I support it until... whatever I just support it.
Y u hating tho?

Y u hating tho?

Who comments first on a thread? I've never seen such a thing anywhere. Not on any forums at least. But whatever, I'll let it go, let it go, can't hold it back anymore, let it go, a few minutes ago I'd be in a right state of mind to turn my back and slam the doooooor! The snow glows yellow on the Hive Jungle Mountain tonight, not an Arapaima to be seen (phew...) A queen dumb isolated damn fool SCREW YOU QUEEN BEE!

I think I'll stop there.

Who comments first on a thread? I've never seen such a thing anywhere. Not on any forums at least. But whatever, I'll let it go, let it go, can't hold it back anymore, let it go, a few minutes ago I'd be in a right state of mind to turn my back and slam the doooooor! The snow glows yellow on the Hive Jungle Mountain tonight, not an Arapaima to be seen (phew...) A queen dumb isolated damn fool SCREW YOU QUEEN BEE!

I think I'll stop there.
Ight me too son!

Ooooh, that’s pretty cool! No longer will I need to go through multiple dungeons to get a second painting!

That daily painting thing is also pretty neat. More decorations never really hurt.

Ya did it again Baconfry

It would be kind of neat if you could tell him to paint blocks for you or something, although not the best idea in the world

So the painter would start forging art? Support! You could have him forge Sunflowers or Starry Night :dryadnaughty:

Support.

The painter is one of the most useless NPCs.
I mean, he paints, sells paintings.

Although, the Dye Trader is the most useless one. So, please make a suggestion @Baconfry.

I've always thought ALL of the NPC's need one of those "upgrades," but the painter obviously sells the most, well, kinda, and, just... yeah.

Back
Top Bottom