Casual Pet Peeves

Jeckel

Terrarian
There are a lot of annoying things in life; traffic jams, long lines, obnoxious people, and that is just the tip of the iceberg. This thread is the place to post about all those various people, places, and things that just piss you off.

To start things off: People who don't think movies should be judged by their trailers.
Trailers exist for the very purpose of giving people a chance to judge if they want to see the movie or not, to decide if they think the movie is good or not. If you don't make a decision based on the trailer, then the only option is to see the movie and then decide if it is worth the ticket price and by then it is to late because you have already fattened hollywood's wallet. If everyone pays for :red:ty movies, because apparently that is the only acceptable way to form an opinion, then the consumer has given up their voice and hollywood will ignore all the reviews and cries of shenanigans because the dollars in their pocket all ready say everything they need to know.
Trailers are meant to be judged and paying for a movie just to decide if you like it or not is bull:red:.

Note: While discussion is fine, long-winded, in-depth debates are outside the topic of this thread and probably belong in their own thread somewhere. Let's please try to keep this thread friendly, as it is meant to be a place to express frustration and not create more. If someone mentions a thing you like, then just let it go and assume you dislike something that they like. And remember that all the forum rules still apply, so no calling out other members, bigoted speech, or being a general :red: to others in the thread.

As a high schooler, it's quite irksome to see my peers exuding the "why do I need to know/do this" attitude.

The whole point of school is to broaden your knowledge and make you a better human being. The main thing that differentiates humans from other animals is our ability to think/reason (and kill each other, but that's a story for a different time). To state resentment or rejection of the accumulation of knowledge is not only to accept being ignorant, but to spread this anti-intellectual behavior throughout our culture if the statement remains unchallenged.

The only thing worse than willful ignorance is contagious willful ignorance.

In this town, there's a huge problem of ridiculing those less fortunate than yourself. No matter how many times I've witnessed it, or been on the receiving end of it, I fail to see how it really benefits anyone at all. I get that sometimes people feel the need to step on others to make themselves feel better, but do they really think this is acceptable behavior? I'd honestly like nothing more than to pick apart their brain to find out the exact reasoning for doing it, how they interpret it, and why it's supposed to make them feel better. No matter how bad someone's situation is, it doesn't make your own situation any better, or any worse. They have their own problems, you have your own.

If nothing else, the people doing the ridiculing obviously know they have it "better" than the less-fortunate people, but I rationalize that as "Wow, I guess I don't have it as bad as I thought." Do they rationalize it as "I have it better than them. Let's make it even worse for them"?

Sometimes it's really frustrating to understand.

- Politicians who only really help their country three months before an election. We already know you're hypocrites, no need to confirm it, keep on stealing.
- Obvious fake religions. Those which are all about charity and good will, and yet you see the spiritual leaders going around on limousines, wearing expensive clothing and spending money on huge buildings full of vanity. Profitting on the beliefs of others is one of the lowest things a human being could ever do.
- Drivers who buy their licenses. It's a major issue in my country, and the cause of most accidents.
- Schools which still consider English and computer-related courses as minor, optional things. Hop in to the twentieth century, guys. I'm not asking to go all the way to the twenty-first, but yeah...
- People who aren't able to remove their rose-colored glasses when looking at the "old times." I am apparently not allowed to like a new version of something more than the old version, even if it improves on flaws the older version had.

Fictional characters that have animals ears, as well as human ears. That really bothers me every time I see it.

Another thing that really peeves me is when people want you to play a game with them (like an MMO) only to vastly outclass you really fast then ditch you.

Edit: Almost forgot my biggest pet peeve of all time. People who assume that when someone speaks with a Southern Accent, that they are dumb.

The only thing worse than willful ignorance is contagious willful ignorance
I relate to this so hard it's funny, then not funny, then funny again.
Also:
- People who are unaware of those around them in public situations: Not realizing you're obviously pissing somebody off
- mild-mannered pate (lol)
- Children that either don't listen intentionally or whose parents obviously didn't have the energy to teach proper manners (only if i have to interact with said children)
- Random offense. I hate it when i see people who consciously start problems for the sake of a problem (trolls come to mind) and those who knowingly feed the flames.
- Related to that ^, It also bugs me (to a lesser extent) when people unwittingly fan flames but I try to understand that not everybody realizes when they're being made a fool.
- Bullet points
- Irony
- Humorless individuals, it's difficult enough to want to meet new people in life and I'd be considered a social person, but those people who seem to have like... a comedic threshold for the sole purpose of weeding out potential acquaintances just irk me.

- People who insist on listening to music at the highest possible volume, with no regards of the hour, their surrounding, or the guy shooting daggers at them for not letting him talk to his girlfriend (that guy would be me.)

No, seriously. I sometimes wish audio devices had hardcoded proximity/time sensors, and would not go a certain volume if it's too late or there's people around them. I would praise the one who invents such a device...

I hate grammar mistakes. I'm not talking about the occasional misuse of there, misplaced apostrophes, or the like (although those still irk me a bit). I'm talking about the kinds of things you see on Your Grammar Sucks. They make me so mad... Although they are also funny sometimes.

i absolutely HATE IT when im interrupted by someones useless comment when im discussing something with someone. i also hate the stupidity of smash bros character requests and the common :red: youtuber who has absolutely NO CLUE what an opinion is (especially when the uploader says not to watch it if they will become mad at their opinions yet they watch it anyways)

-Your roommate is playing obnoxious music in the dorm while you are trying to write a paper.
-"Here let me just massage this plastic bag in the movie theater in a very quiet moment."
-Brother playing GTA V and all you you hear is "HOLY :redspin: I JUST BLEW UP LIKE 10 COPS" all while using cheats to not die.
- Acknowledging hypocrisy, doing it anyways.

Auto-play Videos.. Nothing like opening a page and going to another tab then hearing some random person talking.

Then ya got to try to find which one it is, and where on the page it is. When ya have lots of tabs open it can be a real pain.

Edit: As I just heard it again it came back to mind... Anyone who says things like "White-privilege" etc. This just drives me crazy.

Back
Top Bottom