Casual Pet Praises

Jeckel

Terrarian
Just as there are things in life that are annoying, there are also a wide variety of things that should be praised; good samaritans, beautiful days, and amazing scientific discoveries to name only a few.

To start things off: I am quite poor and when I was short 38 cents for two Taco Bell dollar burritos today, a wonderful woman in line was charitable enough to pay for both my burritos. There are still good people in this world. :)

Last edited:
I had to come to work on my day off today, to run the entire store while everyone else was having a staff meeting. I was getting a bit overwhelmed by the amount of customers coming in, and I was having issues communicating with the customers to keep them patient, thanks to my slight handicap. One of the customers was getting mad at me, and another customer had calm him down, and told him that I was the only person who was working and to just give me a chance.

When it was finally his turn in line, he apologized for yelling at me, and the guy that calmed him down gave me 5 dollars to buy myself a soda or something because I "earned it."

It made my day, not that I needed to be spoiled anymore though.

During the school bus ride home, we stopped at a red light next to the corner of a street. I saw a young woman directly outside of my window, who was waiting at a bus stop. We made eye contact. Even though she was a complete stranger, she smiled and waved at me, and I smiled back. People like this make the world a much happier place.

I really like fluffy things!
They are so cuuuute! ^u^

ByZAuwXCYAArKev.jpg

https://twitter.com/emergency_fox/status/515170383025426433/photo/1

I'm a very poor person, I don't have a job or anything to get money, so often times my friends get me gifts. (even though I specifically tell them not to, and we end up having a big argument until I just accept the gift.)

But the other day, for the first time in forever, I was actually able to give a very dear friend something, and that made me feel wonderful. It really is the little things.

I hope this isn't going to be trendy but, i also feel the need to mention I'm lower middle class and am VERY used to not seeing money for long periods of time and trying to keep my friends from feeling obligated to buy me food if we hang out. But one day my closest opposite sex friend decides to buy me food* and I cried... I didn't break down and sob but, I'd been holding out on eating so many days prior that I didn't realize i was starving until i took a bite of it and I couldn't hold back my gratefulness.

* I wouldn't consider myself anywhere close to a white-knight or misogynistic, but I'll admit that I'm conditioned to be a "man" at least enough to have only accepted food from male friends

Anytime when I'm about to say "Hello" or "Have a great day" to someone, and the other person ends up saying it first, makes it seem like we're on the same page to a degree.

And recently getting close up shots of the Planet Pluto from the New Horizon Space Vessel (Yes I still consider Pluto a planet since I'm part of that generation where they taught us about the 9 Planets of our Solar System). It is pretty amazing to see Pluto's landscape features so close up.

nh-dark-areas-9-10-15.jpg

I hate to be that one drag, but I have YET to meet someone like you guys are describing. Anyone who saves at me, does it with a pissed off attitude. You don't just hold the door for women, you hold it for anyone, and no one holds it for me. I'm decently poor and noone gives me anything. Not that i need anything, but still. To be honest, i have little hope in humanity and I just don't see the niceness you guys are talking about. I mean I do that for them. I hold the door, tell people to have a nice day, etc. He'll just the other day I bought something and he gave me a little more than what I bought. So I gave him it back AND a little extra for im the morning. Yesterday I bought more and used it with him and he didn't even thank me.

In other news so I'm not off topic, my girlfriend wanted to play my games with me. She didn't seem to like any of them but hey, it still kinda made me feel good.

The simple feeling of waking up and eating/drinking yogurt and orange juice for breakfast while watching a good Anime or Video is a great way to start the day on a good note.

Getting immersed in a really good story, be it a book, a film, a game or anything, then later dreaming of it and letting your mind dwell in that world.

I also enjoy eating quiche, and my heart overflows with joy when I see people not being sexist.

Back
Top Bottom