Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Sure.

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • No.

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
Have you ever been deeply upset that upon breaking a demon altar you get cruddy cobalt, mythril and adamantite instead of palladium, orichalcum, and titanium? Or have wanted platinum for the diamond staff when your world is generated with gold? I plan to fix that problem.

I plan to fix this problem by introducing...

Philosopher's Stone Large.png

The Philosopher's Stone!

kdcROYP.png

The philosophers stone is a new item that can be obtained by

1. Buying it from the merchant
2. Buying it from the traveling merchant
3. Finding it placed on the floor of a marble cave

I prefer the last one. Buying things doesn't give you that 'ooh a piece of candy' moment.

So, how do you use this item and what does it do?

Well, when placed on a surface like a bottle,

As shown in this picture,
Demonstration.png

It will act as a crafting station like the crystal ball.

It will also emit a red glow.

kdcROYP.png

But how does it work? Well, when standing next to it, you can convert various bars of metal into each other for a certain price.

well, time to figure out how the hell this thing works...

Input | Output | Price
Copper_Bar.png
|
Tin_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x3 |
Iron_Bar.png
|
Lead_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x4 |
Silver_Bar.png
|
Tungsten_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x5 |
Gold_Bar.png
|
Platinum_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x6 |
Demonite_Bar.png
|
Crimtane_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x10 |
Cobalt_Bar.png
|
Palladium_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x15 |
Mythril_Bar.png
|
Orichalcum_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x18 |
Adamantite_Bar.png
|
Titanium_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x22

Here is a graph of the bars and the price of their conversions. Obviously the input and output can be switched.

kdcROYP.png

Here is another graph for misc items that can be used with the philosopher's stone. They can also be switched.​
Input | Output | Price
Gel.png
x8 |
Pink_Gel.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x20|

kdcROYP.png

Obviously there is a large lack of items in the misc table, so if you have ANY ideas for new Philosopher's Stone recipes, please tell me and I will include them.

Obviously there will be some problems with the Philosopher's Stone already being an accessory, but we can just rename the accessory to Alchemical Stone.

So yeah, thats my suggestion. Thanks for reading this, please give constructive criticism and answer the poll!

Attachments

• Philosopher's Stone.png
    Philosopher's Stone.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 560
Last edited:
You use | for a new column and press enter for a new row, don't worry about using [td] or [tr] or any of that. All you need is the
and

Edit: Oops, I typed 'table' and '/table' in brackets and it made a table with just 'and' in it xD

You could call it alchemical stone, so there would be no confusions.
And the ability to turn ebonstone (item), crimstone (item) and pearlstone (item) into stone (item)

My question is whether you can do these in reverse too. The secondary metals are obviously superior in most regards, but I'd still like to be able to do it in reverse.

Additionally, since the secondary metals are superior, you should get fewer bars out of it. Not necessarily for the HM metals, as they take more to create their respective sets of armor, but definitely for the pre-HM ores.

Additionally, since the secondary metals are superior, you should get fewer bars out of it. Not necessarily for the HM metals, as they take more to create their respective sets of armor, but definitely for the pre-HM ores.

Maybe instead of less, make them more expensive, like 10 gold or 5 gold (in large chunks it may be quite expensive in early hard mode)

Input|Output|Price
Copper_Bar.png
|
Tin_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x3
Iron_Bar.png
|
Lead_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x4
Silver_Bar.png
|
Tungsten_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x5
Gold_Bar.png
|
Platinum_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x6
Demonite_Bar.png
|
Crimtane_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x10
Cobalt_Bar.png
|
Palladium_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x15
Mythril_Bar.png
|
Orichalcum_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x18
Adamantite_Bar.png
|
Titanium_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x22

Input|Output|Price
Gel.png
|
Pink_Gel.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x10

Edit:
Input|Output|Price
Copper_Bar.png
|
Tin_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x3
Iron_Bar.png
|
Lead_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x4
Silver_Bar.png
|
Tungsten_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x5
Gold_Bar.png
|
Platinum_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x6
Demonite_Bar.png
|
Crimtane_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x10
Cobalt_Bar.png
|
Palladium_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x15
Mythril_Bar.png
|
Orichalcum_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x18
Adamantite_Bar.png
|
Titanium_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x22

Input|Output|Price
Gel.png
|
Pink_Gel.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x10
You should be able to copy & paste these, just put 'table' before it in brackets and '/table' in brackets after

Last edited:
Input|Output|Price
Copper_Bar.png
|
Tin_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x3
Iron_Bar.png
|
Lead_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x4
Silver_Bar.png
|
Tungsten_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x5
Gold_Bar.png
|
Platinum_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x6
Demonite_Bar.png
|
Crimtane_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x10
Cobalt_Bar.png
|
Palladium_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x15
Mythril_Bar.png
|
Orichalcum_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x18
Adamantite_Bar.png
|
Titanium_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x22

Input|Output|Price
Gel.png
|
Pink_Gel.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x10

Edit:
Input|Output|Price
Copper_Bar.png
|
Tin_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x3
Iron_Bar.png
|
Lead_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x4
Silver_Bar.png
|
Tungsten_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x5
Gold_Bar.png
|
Platinum_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x6
Demonite_Bar.png
|
Crimtane_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x10
Cobalt_Bar.png
|
Palladium_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x15
Mythril_Bar.png
|
Orichalcum_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x18
Adamantite_Bar.png
|
Titanium_Bar.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x22

Input|Output|Price
Gel.png
|
Pink_Gel.png
|
SilverCoin.gif
x10
This you should be able to copy & paste, just put 'table' before it in brackets and '/table' in brackets after

Thank you for that, I was only halfway done fixing it and you just did it anyways :p

Anywho, would definitely suggest you want to use a different name. The Philosophers Stone already exists in Terraria as per my original post.

Thank you for that, I was only halfway done fixing it and you just did it anyways :p

Anywho, would definitely suggest you want to use a different name. The Philosophers Stone already exists in Terraria as per my original post.
No problem :p

The current philosophers stone could be made placeable so it can be used for this too, otherwise this item would need a name change.

The current philosophers stone could be made placeable so it can be used for this too, otherwise this item would need a name change.
I renamed the accessory to the Alchemical Stone.
My question is whether you can do these in reverse too. The secondary metals are obviously superior in most regards, but I'd still like to be able to do it in reverse.

It is reversible, I mentioned it in the thread. I won't change anything else since I think the conversion cost is already high enough.
-snip-
You should be able to copy & paste these, just put 'table' before it in brackets and '/table' in brackets after
Thank you so much for this!

To me this sounds like a great idea, once the holes are ironed out.

I can't think of much more than what's already been said, so....

Mostly support!

Apologies, as I was under the impression that you changed the suggestion's name based on:

I renamed the accessory to the Alchemical Stone.

It's fixed now.

However, why would you have 2 things in the game named the exact same thing? That makes no sense on a gameplay level.

Apologies, as I was under the impression that you changed the suggestion's name based on:

It's fixed now.

However, why would you have 2 things in the game named the exact same thing? That makes no sense on a gameplay level.

Wait... what..? I just said that I wanted to change the Accessory's name to the Alchemical Stone. My item is called the Philosopher's Stone.

Wait... what..? I just said that I wanted to change the Accessory's name to the Alchemical Stone. My item is called the Philosopher's Stone.
Technically, both items are know by both names, so there shouldn't be a problem between names, but i just have an opinion:

- one of the direct goals of alchemy is the transformation of matter, so the name is more adecuate (?) for your item (?) maybe.
-While the term philosopher's stone was also an elixir of life, useful for rejevenation and possibly for achieving immortality (thus its effect in-game) (?)

Sorry for my bad english (not my mother tongue)

Back
Top Bottom