Items Pip-boy 3000

Isaac the Jester

Eater of Worlds
this is a pip boy
pipboy fallout.jpg
it shows your health, items ,quests, etc. but one of the coolest things it can do its V.A.T.S. vault-tec assisted targeting system. here is what it looks like:
fallout vats demo.jpg
vats icon.gif
(vats demonstration) now i was thinking how cool it would it would be to do V.A.T.S. in terraria, so i made this:
pip boy.png
BAM! a player wearing a pip boy! and it could to vats too! you might be wondering how you get said pip boy, well you get it from a enemy called "vault 12 ghoul"
fallout ghoul.png
it has the same spawn rate as a tim and only spawns during a blood moon, but the pip boy 100% drop change. here is what terraria vats would look like
V.A.T.S. Ghoul.gif
so even though this idea is very small, it would just be a cool addition to the game. comment suggestions and what you think! (also you can combine the pip boy and a gps to get a pimp-boy 3 billion.:dryadcool:)
Pimpboy 3 billion.gif

Sprites made by @Méta'

Last edited:
I dont feel it with this idea. Yes i am a huge fallout fan, but now that fallout 4 may be announced On the 23rd of october 2014 Red will have to get permission to use thier idea and it will take alot of time to get a yes or no aswer if they will be working and announcing a new game. And i feel like the pip boy would work in this typical game. But its a great idea..

I really like the spriting work you've put into this idea, but I don't see the point in it for the following reasons:
- Using VATS would pause the game, right? What if you're multiplaying?
- Enemies in Terraria are fodder. There's never a reason to selectively aim at single enemies when most weapons just steamroll enemies by the dozens.
And the bosses in this game are so very big, you'd have to really try hard not to hit them.

A system like that just isn't worth it for a game like Terraria.
(Also, Bethesda, or rather its evil overlord Zenimax, wouldn't give permission anyway.)

In Fallout, enemies are usually tough unless you are much higher level, and hits are chance-based rather than hitbox-based. And really, Terraria is not an inaction game.

I never really saw the fun in the Pipboy, in Fallout 3 and NV it was one of the first things I modded out - I like FPS/TPS gameplay based on skill rather than dice rolls.

I never really saw the fun in the Pipboy, in Fallout 3 and NV it was one of the first things I modded out

You must be pretty hardcore if you modded out the inventory. Joking aside, I don't think VATS is really that different from shooting normal projectiles.

This suggestion is ok, but it needs work.

You must be pretty hardcore if you modded out the inventory. Joking aside, I don't think VATS is really that different from shooting normal projectiles.

RNG-based damage/criticals versus aim-based damage/criticals? Yeah, they're exactly the same thing... //Sarcasm.

You don't have to install this, it's an optional thingy that targets enemies, it only does this on one enemy at atime and only if you want it to
Yes, but think of those who want this on, the toggle would be fine, but for the people who use it, this is hard to implement

Yes, but think of those who want this on, the toggle would be fine, but for the people who use it, this is hard to implement
This is not something I would ever really think would be in a game like this, but it's an idea that I thought would be just kinda cool, so it's kinda more towards me... But well hey

It would seem unconvential to create hitboxes for every enemy in Terraria.

Let alone, most monsters use a small canvas, it wouldn't change either way.

this is a pip boy View attachment 5816 it shows your health, items ,quests, etc. but one of the coolest things it can do its V.A.T.S. vault-tec assisted targeting system. here is what it looks like: View attachment 5817 View attachment 5820 (vats demonstration) now i was thinking how cool it would it would be to do V.A.T.S. in terraria, so i made this:View attachment 5818 BAM! a player wearing a pip boy! and it could to vats too! you might be wondering how you get said pip boy, well you get it from a enemy called "vault 12 ghoul" View attachment 5822 it has the same spawn rate as a tim and only spawns during a blood moon, but the pip boy 100% drop change. here is what terraria vats would look likeView attachment 5845 so even though this idea is very small, it would just be a cool addition to the game. comment suggestions and what you think! (also you can combine the pip boy and a gps to get a pimp-boy 3 billion.:dryadcool:)View attachment 5847

Sprites made by @Méta'
wtf is my reaction

Back
Top Bottom