Player-Created Game Enhancements - Mod Feature

Safeman🌻

Community Manager
Staff member
Re-Logic
Hello Terrarians!

As you know, our community is filled with incredibly talented and enthusiastic creators, including writers, artists, developers, designers, personalities on Twitch and YouTube, and programmers. Because of that, we are very fortunate to have a thriving mod community. Below you will find links to some popular mods that can add an array of items, experiences, and challenges to Terraria for anyone who would like to expand on their adventure!

divid.png

tModLoader
tModLoader is a mod by @bluemagic123 and his team that helps you mod! The thread says everything you need to know about tModLoader (including installation.) It is important to note, tModLoader is necessary for Thorium, Tremor, and many other mods:)
divider.png

Tremor Remastered
Tremor Remastered by @zadum4ivii and @Bogdan3456 adds a large variety of content including weapons and armor. The thread even includes a nifty video from @Pedguin on how to install both tModLoader and Tremor!
divider.png

Thorium
Thorium by @DivermanSam includes a plethora of items, weapons, armor, NPCs, and even more bosses! Check out the step by step installation video by @Pedguin below to get started!

divider.png

N Terraria
N Terraria by @Nakano15 is a standalone (doesn't need tModLoader) mod that adds RPG and action modes, leveling, classes, quests, items, and more! Start with the simple and comprehensive installation tutorial below.

divider.png

We would like to extend a special thanks to all of the participants and creators for their time and effort in these projects! There are quite a few (full credits in each thread) community members who work hard to create and maintain these mods. Thanks for sharing with us and being integral to this community's appeal and success!

kdcROYP.png

DISCLAIMER: The Developers of Terraria, the Staff of the Terraria Community Forums, and any associated entities are not responsible for any issues encountered by members of the Terraria Community due to their use of player-created game enhancements. No guarantees are given or implied in regards to the performance of any player-created game enhancements nor their impact on the core game.

Please, check out the complete Rules & Guidelines before downloading any content or posting. And if you would like to see more of what our super talented community has to offer, check out the PC Player-created Game Enhancement section for content and discussion on mods, maps, texture packs, and more!

Last edited by a moderator:
There were many great mods we didn't get to include (the post would have went on for days) that are in the mod section of the forums for everyone to check out :)
Maybe the first post should contain a reminder to check out the other mods in that section?

Ah it's nice to have these great mods featured on the forum!
I think there's a lot of potential with having these tmodloader mods.
The tmodloader community is really nice as well.
I've also been working on my own mod, which works swimmingly alongside Tremor and Thorium, so if people want to give it a try, be my guest. :)
There's a lot of other cool mods out there as well.

Cool... although this also goes to show how many actual large mods exist, which is to say, rather few. (I'm thinking that the largest hurdle is that making a large mod requires both spriting and modding knowledge, considering the fact that tModLoader is build on a programming language, rather than the more simple XML/JSON/LUA language.)

Cool... although this also goes to show how many actual large mods exist, which is to say, rather few. (I'm thinking that the largest hurdle is that making a large mod requires both spriting and modding knowledge, considering the fact that tModLoader is build on a programming language, rather than the more simple XML/JSON/LUA language.)
Well, that's mainly because in the past a lot of mods were made on tconfig or tapi (modloaders for 1.2.4.1 and earlier).
Most of these mods haven't been ported to tmodloader yet :/
Omnir's Nostalgia Pack was a really big mod back in the days.
But yes, I have to agree. Modding in c# is quite a bit tougher than simply modding with JSON's or whatever. It also opens up lots of possibilities that are hard to do with simply JSON's.

awesome!
as if Terraria didn't already have ten trillion ways for you to die...

also maybe Terraria should get steam workshop support, so you didn't have to use TModLoader and that complicated stuff, you could just press subscribe.

awesome!
as if Terraria didn't already have ten trillion ways for you to die...

also maybe Terraria should get steam workshop support, so you didn't have to use TModLoader and that complicated stuff, you could just press subscribe.
That's gonna be hard because tmodloader is an unofficial modloader and most of these mods don't work without tmodloader. ;/

Very nice front-page status! This makes me very happy. The mod creators (and map makers) of the community deserve the recognition (and everyone playing their creations!)

Back
Top Bottom