Other pseudoname's unsorted jumble of suggestion

Pseudoname

Terrarian
just a dump for now, likely going to edit and clean it up later, check forum and remove redundancies and flesh stuff out

• broader worlds option
    because I know we can't have larger worlds with the way blocks are tracked, but at least want options to alter its dimensions...personally I don't really need quite that much vertical room underground and would rather have more room on the surface(so the biomes are more than slivers) so the rectangle would be wider and shorter to contain the same max block count
  • let us right click to "sleep" in our already claimed(spawnpoint) beds to skip to dawn/sunset(whichever is next)(and heal you to full during the skip)
    obviously this would be single player only, but paladin shield has a primary effect thats multi only so why not?(and invisibility potion only really does anything in pvp so that counts too)
    (not sure if sleep should be disabled during events or just cancel them because you skipped to dawn, leaning towards cancel)
  • thin ice wand.
    -either as a 'rod of regrowth' type item that places it over water or a 'living wood wand' type that uses ice blocks for ammo(or both?)
  • catapult placeable furniture weapon(like cannon)
    uses boulders as ammo, they roll upon landing(current boulder physics)
    slow firing speed
    fixed direction
    toggle far/medium distance(or maybe longer holding down the fire button makes it go farther and it fires on release )
    launches boulders in a semi-random arc(has random spread similar to snowball launcher)
  • as your fourth liquid...a gas.
    by which I mean make it fall up instead of down, form a block on contact with (if it would have to "fall" through, if touching surfaces, if it overlaps) another liquid, ect. player can drown in it unless you get below the surface and into air. despawns upon hitting the very top edge of the world(like how water vanishes in hell) could be found in pockets underground.
    effects: a mana replenishing fog (and speeds up movement rather than slow it like honey
    thinking it'd be cyan and very nearly transparent.
    donno what to call it..aether maybe?(unless you want ecco as a jack and daxter reference)can't think of better name
  • pet goldfish (swims in water, walk on land like rain goldfish(but wears bowl helmet) flys inside a bubble)
  • pet bird (likely basically a reskin of the flying fish. but if you could make it land on the player when stationary would be awesome) pet bat, ect.
  • pet worm(digs like worm enemy does, guess it just floats to fly)
  • "terraria terrium" antfarm like decoration item that displays minimap
    (if that can't be done then a generic predrawn terraria map with ants in)
  • raft (craft from wood and rope, floats on water,is like a minecart but treats water surface (and waterfalls?(one way, booster))as the track)
  • hatch doors(like a door but sideways, for up and down movement.)
  • trap doors(a hatch door that opens when standing on it (like if a pressure switch were on top of and wired to a hatch, preferably come in multiple partially camouflaged varieties but paint would do in a pinch))
  • make cloud(and raincloud) blocks eat fall damage like water and cobwebs
  • change how rope tiles work so it can be "retracted"(like how you can place it from the top down, but reversed when mining it back up)
  • no diagonal rope? let us hammer it at least
  • make treebranches function as platforms(still break when the tree is cut obviously)
  • a new type of naturally occurring vine thats climbable(like rope is, and collectable as rope) found in jungle biome
    (OR make existing jungle vines climbable(but still destroyed when mined not harvestable))
    also it'd be cool if walking through climbable jungle vines slowed you to give a reason to clear them to balance potential advantage. walking through jungle hacking at vines like in the movies
  • make slime blocks bouncy
  • why doesn't watercandle work underwater when held? it should
  • make invisibility potion actually functional in single player(drop monster aggro)
  • light providing accessory
    similar to the mining helmet, or jellyfish necklace but above water
    edit-off the top of my head: living fire pendant(above water only) tinker with arctic diving for both
  • ability to use tools/weapons on rudolph mounts(require an accessory(jousting saddle?) or something to maintain balance vs wing, possibly apply some kind of damage/accuracy debuff i donno)nah
  • give some mounts a special ability or attack(possible method to use: click with mount spawner when mounted) things like bunny getting a burst of speed/superjump, pigron going stealth, rudolph charging for knockback unicorn charging for knockback, rudolph sends out a pulse of light, bee shoot stinger at the cursor, turtle doing tortoise's groundpound, ect.
  • "fountain spout" an alternate output pump that drops the water a few blocks above and one block to either side of itself.
    (one block wide, either 1 or 3 tall whatever you think is fair)
  • "light paint"(paint that makes a block appear 'lit"(not provide light, just like how the halo item isn't affected by darkness)
  • painter should also sell larger biome paintings using the nice and rarely seen 'map background' scenes
  • we need brown dye
    -(off the top of my head crafting material: dung beetle dung? ;) drop from a rare dungbeetle critter in desert)
    -also make silver dye white and add a gray dye(mix the two),
    -and let us pair any two rather than the existing 2ndary dyes
  • a set of 4 "familiar dyes" sold by dye trader(to make him slightly less blatantly pointless) that use the same color values as the dresser
  • alternate ammo for bunny cannon "glitter bomb" sold by partygirl(either harmless or same damage as cannon ball)
  • let us also be able to fire live nonexploding bunnies from the bunny cannon too(and have them survive the trip) (and maybe exploding bunnies can have the fireworks effect)
  • partygirl sell pinata(placeable, attack to scatter confetti)
  • tent: mined from that decoration underground, a bed that doesn't require rooms to set spawnpoint, for balance should respawn with fewer recovered hp this way, possibly nearly none
    and a minor tweak: should make beds respwan you with extra hp vs just showing up at the natural spawnpoint
  • let us hang shields on the wall
  • changes to weaponrack:
    -make the current weapon rack item able to take any item(inventory sprites), rename item rack
    -add "weapon pedestal" so we can do a sword in the stone type display. functions like weapon rack but rather than background wall requires 2 tiles like placing a statue
  • tinker ninja gear with lava waders
  • and then tinker that with arctic diving gear
    -(because ninja gear gathers dust in my chest after a bit and diving gear's function is even more eclipsed by the moonshell celestial shell)
    this'll add wall clinging and tabi effects with the flippers and iceskates to the lavawader's abilities to make one specialized mobility item to rival frostspark's general mobility
  • add a third new more/detailed backdrop for hallow and corruption(crimson got 3, one stands out with rocks and meat, hallow and corruption's older "just trees" thing wears a bit lackluster in comparison, still good but a third would be cool, with some sort of landscape)
  • additional tree type for hallow,corruption,crimson(like snow and jungle get)
  • wiring relay(if one wire is activated the others touching this item are too. it connects different wire types)
  • directional wiring item(wire signal will pass one way but not the other, hammer to change?)
  • delay timers(not like existing in game timers: receives signal, counts down and then sends the signal to other wires touching it...to set up delays)
  • another kind of pressure plate that is active as long as it is being held down rather than a toggle(translated to "terraria's wiring system" it becomes "step on it sends a pulse, stepping off it sends another")
  • countdown timer--a third sort of timer so upon receiving a signal something is active for say 10 seconds and then shuts itself off(gets and forwards a 'pulse' and then after the timer runs sends another one)
  • liquid sensor switch(sends pulse when wet/dry)(probably can use the existing function that turns off the water pump)
  • light sensor(if the game can)
  • remember active/inactive timers the way the game remembers fountain and torch activation
  • strike switch(hit with weapons damage. remember the crystal looking switches in zelda?)
  • more wired items(ex: conveyerbelt tiles, a gate that locks itself when powered(can't be broken down) ect)

• more statues that interact with wiring(firefly statue, wolf statue, make pickaxe buff mining and sword statue buff melee, shield buffs defense in its area ect)

• wire spool: building accessory, places wire under our feet as we walk

• multiwrench(let us place any wire color. right click to change? maybe even include the wire cutters)

• a block we could wire through to let us only turn items on(and another for off) rather than just toggle the state
  • decorative special tree seeds(functionally normal trees, produce wood...just looks different), moss seeds, and flower rod(regrows the non herb plants on grass) all sold by dryad, bonzi plant decoration from traveling merchant
    examples of decorative trees could include pine(always in background never on screen), "fall"(colors), cherry flower, apple, spooky
    -a second version of pine(fir for one and ceder for the other?), weir, banyan, white birch, redwood,)
    some of these would probably need their own structure like how palms differ from regular trees
  • add recolored "fall" trees replacing purity trees to the list of halloween's temporary graphics changes(costumed slimes, ect)
    -sub suggestion: and snowy ones for christmas? edit-like 505 pretends to have
    -subsuggestion:
    -rod of regrowth maybe grows random moss on stone and also add jungle grass to mud
    --or maybe 4 color coded rods: purity grass+green moss, hallow+blue moss, crimson+red moss, corruption+purple...yellow+jungle
    ? hmm, almost like theres room for another hallow;-)no, this is my own suggestion post now. that was ok in sig
  • wearable rope coil as a vanity accessory(similar to bucket in functioning as both a rope coil and equipment depending on if its equipped. but no stats, not armor)
  • hammer spear traps to change their direction(i want them able to point upwards, we don't have traps that work from below)
  • new statues to spawn things, like off the top of my head:firefly statue, wolf statue, arapaima statue,
    -optional tack on: make slime statue spawn an area appropriate slime, make bird statue occasionally spawn the newer birds
  • change how boulders work so they roll away from the player(or where the player clicked) if on a flat surface
    (if the game doesn't allow that then 'left handed' boulders that roll the other direction. possibly larger and lhizard patterned for variety)

• boulder types: lhizard, snowball, mossy, sandstone,mushroomed,hellstone (likely functionally identical and just for vanity but if not than regular boulders would want a nerf to give the new types room for stats)
  • a telescope(like placeable weapons(cannon, snowball launcher, boulder)) it should work when interacted with... function like binoculars, but longer range to give a reason other than pure deco to place it.(rightclick on telescope and holding the mouse down drag to move the camera?)
  • please triple the follow distance of the turtle pet before it starts flying(or even if the helicopter was disabled all together and it only slowly walked after you, I like its unique crawling far more than its generic flight but its slow enough thats what i most often see)
  • why no hallowed/corrupt jungle? what we need is infected jungle grass instead of turning to dirt(and then it can be infected by hallow too!)
    even if cosmetic it'd be awesome. is it the token overlap enemy? you could do parakeets(or giant butterfly) for hallow, giant mosquito or vampirebat for corruption/crimson. same ai for both(bat ai). no drops for now(or maybe a coffee/cocoa/cacao pod to craft brown dye, whatever, this is just off the top of my head). done. why u no add? :p
    (or maybe crocodile/hippo? spawns in water but walks out)
    -(for that matter wish at least the surface layer of snow would be infectable too not just ice, that way the trees don't look out of place(or have them somehow able to detect proximity to infected ice?))
  • buff icerod- make the projectile stay a bit longer...at least double its time? its interesting but melts too fast to do much with
  • stone furniture(seriously with the increasingly bizarre materials like honey we can't make stone furniture? :p)
    (also would like to request a stone hammer same tier as wood, but thats much more optional)
  • more thrones
  • make player placed spikes damage enemies(still harm player)
    naturally occurring ones won't for obvious reasons, but I mean once mined up(kinda like natural vs player dungeon walls)
  • pine bed(for pine block set, goes with pine chair and pine table)
  • dressers to go with other new furnature added done
  • hallowed furniture
  • capes and wings and shields, other visible accessories for manikins(maybe if they were filled more like a player's inventory it'd be easier to implement?)
  • craft a universal voodoodoll accessory, attack all npc mwahaha(they don't need drops)
  • an antivoodoo doll type accessory to protect critters from being accidentally killed
  • jukebox/radio/record player to compress all these music boxes
  • a single crafting station to compress all these extra furniture stations(even if its as generic as "furniture work bench" thats fine)made of said stations
  • rebalance the ores, alts shouldn't be flat out better in every way, they should be alts.
    (if you want to do raw stats vs new bonus fine but make it balanced equivalents. the raw stat ores can't have worse stats than the special effect alts too)
    -what if you left armors as they are but gave the older/less interesting/pure stat ores superior weapons/tools just bump the damage(/mining speed) on the originals and the nerf alts a bit.
  • hawk pet or minion, hound minion(different look than puppy) horse mount?(unneeded:rabbit in new update) (would be cool if hawk minion could retrieve hearts and stars edit- kinda like new heartreach potion)
  • add minions with more effects than just attack(item fetching, inflict debuffs, buff you, provide light)
  • a summoner suggestion
    either a class revamp(unlikely but hope): summons able to be directed(click target with staff equipped, or follow/attack the cursor) and has a health bar(can die, need to be resummoned) to make it a more active playstyle
    -or if the revamp is impossible a laser pointer item that will cause existing summon ai to want to attack the nearest enemy to that spot(works like a magic missile, costs mana in the same way magic missile type items do(on initial swing but not to keep it out))
    -if that can't work then a target designator staff that costs mana to basically give enemies struck by it the turtle armor's preferred target effect as a debuff(but you know...for minions)
  • an endgame(lunar tier?) special tool that would:
    -let us mine up and move decoration items we find(giant flowers in jungle, mushroomy boulder, stalactites, pick in stone, rusty minecart, well, sword in skeleton, websack, pots, tents,treasure pile, thin ice, vines, grass flowers, ect)
    -since at that point in the game it wouldn't matter anymore: ability to very late game move demon/crimson alters
    -let us harvest and place monster spawning walls and unobtainable walls
  • aurora borealis in the sky over ice biome at night
  • need a "snow cloud" block(or hail i'm flexible), for islands over the ice biome and maybe a rarer "lightning block(or wall?)" mixed in near rain blocks
    if possible make fewer/no rain cloud blocks spawn over desert, more over jungle(if thats not possible with how they're generated then just make the snowfall blocks craftable)
  • don't clear npc's house ownership when they die. (the wizard's death doesn't mean dye trader can steal his house before he respawns. if i want the tag cleared i can clear it)
  • let the player claim a house too.
    -let us claim all the houses if we want. infinite "player claimed" housing flags (I'm the one building them, they're all mine anyway, i don't have to put up with squatters. see the flags? all these rooms are off limits.)
  • ocean needs much more content- the recent fishron helped but still...hardmode
    walrus (amphibious) enemy, irukandji/manowar(jellyfish upgrade) megalodon/bullshark/hammerhead/marlin/orca(shark ai), humblesquid(player sized squid) semi-rare sea serpent(wyvern ai but in the water)(spawns when raining), giant clam to hold you in place if stepped in(stab/mine it to death to get away), seagull, dolphin(peaceful unless attacked like day slime, once attacked functionally shark) ect)
    -(i mean unless they somehow took up less space, but even then.)-no, this is my own suggestion post now. that was ok in sig
  • badly need hardmode underworld, it takes up far too much map to not get expanded.
    ...its bigger than the surface biomes put together and its empty :/ even if its just reskins of current enemies but stronger it'd be better than nothing.
    a turret ai enemy on the buildings, something to swim in the lava,
    -edit: that'd be a good candidate for adding some of those minibiomes you've been talking about
  • need expanded desert
    off top of my head:
    -consolidate the desert patches into just one larger biome.
    -underground: made of sandstone and clay, scarabs, giant scorpion enemy(as opposed to the critters)
    -giant sandworm(either rare like paladin underground or spawns at surface during sandstorms like icegolem in snow), bert gummner's hat(from graboids) vanity drop from the sandworm, crysknife shortsword(craftable into crys-spear) drop from sandworm...
    -move mummies underground(increase spawning near sandstone block walls?) and replace desert's nighttime's zombies with bandits(prehardmode are arab/nomad version with cimitars, hardmode gets cowboys that shoot)
    -replace light mummy with spinx, dark mummy with manticore and make them rarer(they share the same ai and stats, keep the mummy's shard drops but at a higher rate to make up for rareness)? (increase spawning near sandstone block walls?)
    -surface: rattlesnake(prehardmode)/sidewinder(hardmode), horned-toad(as an enemy that spits fireballs?) or gilamonster, kangaroo rat(maud'dib)critter, coyote(prehardmode wolf?) in hardmode add a second distinctive cactus that does damage(like jungle's thorns) possibly looking like a barrel cactus or aloe/agavi, sandstorm weather to replace rain(like snow's blizzard) eye of ra(flying eye enemy, shoots fireballs)
    armadillos(weak small and use tortoise ai?)? camels?
    if devs want a mount could have mustangs rarely spawn in desert and stuff them in a bug net ;P(drops horseshoe or something not the horse itself) meh
  • more placeable items
    rope coils, ale, cookies, pie, eggnogg, vines, shields, bell, harp, silk(curtains, works like wood beam) ect
  • let us play piano(make notes like bell and harp) with a right click
  • can we get light providing pets(baby truffle and especially cursed sapling) either altered so their lighting is purely cosmetic/remove the actual glow like with the halo(or bunny's rocket shoes, jackolantern pet), or moved to buff items' slot(work like fairy bell instead edit- light pet slot.)?
  • for flavor the broken hero sword should also function as a hallow tier shortsword if equipped
  • give the shortsword a damage buff over the broadsword to make up for its limitations
    -add rappiers: hardmode shortswords with better reach?
  • make the shortswords able to be crafted into spears so they're not useless
  • something crafted with tiger climbing gear that lets you climb on the background walls (like the spider pet, so wall detection for it already exists) just gotta think of a way to make it happen without new animations. maybe a tool you hold similar to how rope is climbed?
  • a stained glass color for each gem
  • thin ice should grow back, like how vines and flowers appear on grass tiles, thin ice can appear above/on water in the ice biome
  • clentaminator needs yellow solution for desert, white for snow, lime for jungle. ability to affect/create mud. maybe make this a craftable endgame upgrade
  • staff of corrupt goldfish/bunny, staff of wolf, unicorn mount, shark mount(swim only, and is straight useless out of water), harpy mount((ok jk maybe not,but some kind of eagle mount?) moves like the parrot pet. fly, run out of flight and glide, land but can't walk and then fly again) spider mount(able to climb walls, no need to resprite player because you'd be barely hanging onto the saddle(Same armor animation as rope climbing)when it does that), meh, basically covered between the 1.2.4 mounts, summon staves and 1.3 teaser
  • tinker the builder tools(sans ruler and paint sprayer) into one accessory
    -sub suggestion: and then tinker that with gps
  • craft coral into blocks(if you've ever seen that has that pink coral stone) and furniture so the sea biome has something coral blocks now exist, suggest coral furniture (although honestly even though many of my suggestions are cosmetic and furniture type things i'd rather time go to actual functional stuff so lower priority)
  • give hallow armor back its light effect? now the only lighting armor we've got is the miner's helmet
  • pink slime as an improved flamethrower ammo?
  • ladder--basically rope coil for platforms (either functionally identical or alternate suggestion: throw to 'plant' it on a block, builds ground up rather than top down)
  • lostgirl vanity ;)(kidding. well...maybe the hair?)
  • please redraw the living fire blocks(have them work like the pine where they clump into a larger flame,or look different in a pile)
  • teleporter-ing my world wishing for wireless wiring... either some kind of keyed item or line of sight?(a line of sight "beam" wire replacement might be easier to implement and more balanced since tiles would block it)
  • ability to mark up minimap(gives us a reason to go into full screen map mode)
  • i don't get why hamdrax had the "ham" removed, pickaxe-axe has people who don't want to remove background walls while digging covered.
    i liked hamdrax. now I have to dig a hole twice to go back and remove background tiles...so i suggest an item that puts that back
  • endgame corruption/crimson detecting item, points you to the nearest infected block. (no range limit, info readout like the depth/position info gps gives, or the distance between teammates)
  • buff the guide
    -reverse item lookup
    -beastiary(show banner/trophy see sprite,hp,drops,biome)
    edit: game appears to track kills on the map so he'll fill out the data after 50 kills (or one for bosses)
  • elevator: like minecart track but up and down
  • for future magic weapon balance's sake please scrap specter hood and add one magic life stealing weapon.(but I like the hood's sprite better than the new helmet so maybe swap those?) the helmet is fine for the set's bonus already
    -I'd replace the helmet's item id with "spectral tome": fires projectiles to do direct damage and floats 20% of it back to you(or teammate of lowest hp) as ghosts(same visual effect as the armor)
  • and a life stealing bow for ranged, convert any arrow into leech arrows which have life steal as the sole effect. (none for summon in its current form, they're a class that hybridizes with the other 3 so they won't need their own if they're all weapons now)
  • recall potion should teleport you to the original world spawn (not your bed, give it a purpose after finding the mirror)
  • add something along the lines of a creative mode for map builders
    -either as a map editor(like tedit)
    - or like [unmentionable game unmentioned]'s creative mode where you continue to control an avatar and just get to cheat.
    (no monsters, infinite air/flight/hover/phase(like hardcore's ghost form), able to place any tile including ones not normally available such as the decoration tiles(stalactites, ferns, trees, spiderwall))
    -new items unavailable in normal game but used in a "creative mode":
    -- spawners for any kind of monster.(mineable in normal play to destroy but not collect)
    --possibly some sort of ability to wire object activation as a switch for wiring(ex opening a door sends a pulse) for adventure maps?
    --ability to lock chests and doors with one of 7(seems sufficient) keys
    --7 keys as items placeable in chests and usable in normal play
  • request for endgame item to give you ghost form(intangible you can't do anything(build, fight, gather items) in it and it saps life and mana over time to discourage prolonged use. more when phasing through walls) ghost form lets you fly and move through blocks like a hardcore player's ghost.
  • i know nobody else wants this and it'll never get added but I miss mud's instability(and wish snow had it too(if they fell after a delay and could be braced with the wood beam tiles like sand can)), and corrupter's corrupting spit.
  • return the disabling of vanity upon activating pvp
  • separate but functionally comparable fountains for lava and honey to change their colors too(i know biomes don't actually change lava and honey, but the fountains could use the biome water as a guide)
  • captured and released critters should follow you, for awhile at least
    -(sub suggestion, maybe with an accessory they even do slime level damage when hitting enemies rather than die? that way a summoner could bridge the time between bugnet and finding a staff with critter farming and suicide waves of critters?)
  • placeable weapon/trap-
    -like the spike ball enemy from dungeon. (possibly a drop if we stand there long enough to kill it with thorns?) or something like it. I'd imagine it requires wire activation to spin.
    -something to drop down from a wall, like dumping boiling oil(rather than ammo would use a "time" mechanic, like with marshmallows. spend long enough on the same screen and it'll heat up and be usable again)
  • hallow should get its own crafting plant...liferoot or enchanted apples or something.
    - ingredient for improved shine potion(maybe the shine follows cursor within a certain radius of the player? maybe it 'drips' like the light off a holy arrow?)
    -among the ingredients for next tier healing potion?
    - ingredient for some kind of retribution potion, basically thorns but applies to ranged attacks or when hit with ranged sends a small percentage damage burst to an area around you? i donno
  • corruption has thorns(that grow sideways and up), maybe crimson can have a 2nd vine type(hangs down) that deals damage, looks like a tentacle or jellyfish stinger?
  • melee boosting item like the ammo box/crystal ball
  • eye of the golem have a vanity effect, make your eye bright orange like golem's
  • actuating rod. moves the clicked block between foreground/background (click a block, have it go inactive/active. (same effect as laying wire laying actuator flicking switch removing switch wire and actuator but less tedious)
  • pre or early hardmode gliding(not flight only gliding) maybe crafted as "broken harpy wing" an inferior harpy wing that doesn't need souls(exploration tool for people who get to sky islands earlier on)
  • bring back minecart glitch ha joke ...but still, that was fun. surely theres a legitimate way to readd a watered down version?(launcher tiles?)
  • planter box for mushrooms
  • let us change clothing style at either the dresser or clothier
  • give us real mod support instead of relying on a 3rd party
  • rod of regrowth to generate jungle grass on mud
  • a similar item to antigrav hook that works more like dual hook instead of 3 at once. (better show off that mechanic, and i'd like a later game 'rapid single' type hook anyway)
  • tinker the night vision goggles with the effect of hunter potion somehow? infrared goggles
  • The Drill Containment Unit should destroy walls when you right click. its my problem with the hamdrax 1000 fold. can obliterate every block on screen in seconds, have to get out and bash the walls down with a hammer
  • we have slots but no vanity hook/lightpet/minecarts? i request:
    -one dyeslot for minions
    -one dyeslot for whatever you have in your hand at the time(weapons, items, ect)
    -vanity slot for minecarts(and vanity minecarts to fill it with)
    -vanity slot for hooks
    -vanity slot for light pet
    -option to place a second pet in the lightpet slot(main not vanity)
    -dyes that replicate the various armor effects(like hallowed's aura and molten's particles)
  • vanity sounds(like the ice damage noise on frost armor
  • tinker fishing items together into one.
  • ability to disable paint sprayer on architect gizmo
    -it'd have been better tinkering the ruler into it rather than the sprayer(NOT the mechanical ruler(aka the original /pre1.3 ruler) the 1.3 change to the old ruler)
  • 'recycler' crafting station giving us the ability to detinker tinkered and crafted items into their raw materials
  • make wormhole potion work on npc in place of teammates for single player
  • bring back slime mount's original buoyancy, i liked it when it'd shoot up like a cork rather than this slow cruising speed rise it has now.
  • give us a "quit and don't save" option
  • let us use the sundial to skip to dawn/dusk(whichever is next) rather than just dawn. cut cooldown in half(because the timeskip was cut in half) at least
    (either that or add a moondial to skip to sunset, and then let us craft them together to save clutter?)
  • since we've got a 2nd inventory page (for mount/pet/light/minecart/hook) why not add a "custom hotkey" slot there where holding(i donno, w for example) will put the item in that slot in your character's hand
    (like how shift can make you hold the torch/pickaxe/ect+) so you then click to use it...that should make this shortcut work with just about anything.
  • make pda and its components function when stored in vanity since they work when unequipped anyway)
  • make pink slime bounce better. convert all down velocity into up. no cap(gravity can take care of diminishing returns)
  • add a sticky slime variant that allows us to walk on wallls/ceiling made of it(fall off if we jump)
  • wings are partially obsolete as of 1.3... I'd much rather see mounts(and minecarts) go back to not allowing us to use any tool/weapon from their back by default
    -limit us to the mount's abilities(slime's goombastomp and scutlix's lasers for example). limited weaponry as the price for mobility without an accessory slot.
    -add saddle accessory to allow tool/weapon use from mountback(latish game)
    -add seatbelt accessory to allow tool/weapon use from minecarts.(hardmode)
    -tinker those into utility harness(or just have them be the same item in the first place)
  • map piece -consumable found rarely in underground chests, when used it exposes part of the map that is currently blacked out
    -used to craft an item that shares/trades/gives map data in multiplayer(maybe like a painting (the placed art is of a generic map) that can be read/written to with right/left click(which would work to share data between multiple characters in single player too so thats a good one(and fun for adventure maps if multiple instances are supported)but would require it be saved to the world file which is a drawback). maybe like love/stink potion where you're giving it only to the specific target you hit, single use. maybe like watergun where its given to the player hit multiuse. maybe a consumable where the user sends data to all teammates? i donno, up to devs. i just want the ability to exist in some form)
  • remove expert's death penalty in single player(in multiplayer its functional in single it just comes across as unnecessarily trollish since the boss flies away when all fighters(just you)are dead at the same time anyway.
    -could at least let us be ghosts for a short time(tethered near the body) or something
    -edit: it still serves some a purpose during invasions, so keep it there.
  • special graves for hardcore players

• rename light pet slot to "utility pet". now we can also have them do things other than provide light.
    - add item "sapient pearlwood key" that summons an angry looking pearlwood mimic to follow you around on at least a dozen tiny feet, acts like a flying piggybank for your safe.
    - add one for collecting drops(items, coins, hearts), maybe a bird to fetch them and bring them to you?
    - add one to collect critters (think like that ufo from the atari game cosmic zoo)?
  • the new light pets make me wish the fairybell's 3 varients thing was more interesting (and then i thought "hey, look, listen")
    -keep blue as is
    -make green dimmer but float to nearby treasure ores/chests
    -make pink dimmer but float over the nearest enemy
  • no, no. NO this "clorophyte spreads mud" thing is not the solution to corruption eating jungles. just give us a corrupt/hallowed jungle grass/mud like we've got for ice/sand. waiting on an annoying spread mechanic to restore the underground? why...i mean we have cosmetically corrupt palmtrees for example, thats all it needs really, adding properties to clorophite seems like more work than doing even that much. another creeping cancer biome slowly eating any dirt in the rest of my underground too is worse not better. why change how the game works just for jungle like this?
  • undo changes to statue activation points? ;)
  • hunter's glowstick
  • pink glowsticks should float like the original suggestion
  • give gladiator armor a throwing weapon bonus(like ninja set has)
  • so many yoyos, which is nice but need more flails and spears too. and throwing weapons.
  • so, new dyes are nice but we didn't get any of the hair dye's effects...can we have those too?
  • stone dye(make it textured like statues)
  • do bosses not have a kill count like other enemies? if anything they're who i'd expect to...maybe just a display glitch on my end or something?
  • add skeleton merchant to the lifeform analizer
  • to differentiate the snow biome's underground chest item clones:
    -make ice mirror always return you to the original spawn center of map vs the magic mirror going to your current spawn(both useful, cell still goes to current spawn either way, possibly no longer uses ice mirror (or if recall potion gets changed to original spawn maybe ice brings you to center of snow biome? personally i like that version less, but options.))
    -ice boomerang's damage is lowered(nearer wooden than enchanted), ice boomerang inflicts chilled, iceboomerang's knockback increased
    -make the flurry boots "waterwalk" once you get up to speed producing a temporary(like icerod) layer of ice usable as a bridge(either specter remains unchanged or flurry boot no longer works in specter)
    --sailfish boots waterwalk only when up to full speed(think basilisk lizard)
    --when up to speed hermes boots will cross small gaps as if they weren't there.(think zelda's hoverboots)
    --none of these abilities are inherited by specterboots
  • more interesting melee bonuses for melee weapons.
    -endgame melee weapons are just ranged/magic weapons that do melee damage at this point...just slapping projectiles on swords is boring....i'd suggest you get creative with the bonuses, do things like add a shield of chthulu type lunge 2ndary attack to the weapon instead. or make every third swing extra powerful, or deflect/neutralize projectiles with the right timing(on a weapon without autoswing), or let us hold to charge an attack for extra damage and knockback. or right click to 'sunder weapon/armor' inflicting a debuff in exchange for for less damage or as more of a shortsword style thrust. ...just examples off the top of my head that are more interesting and melee flavored than infinite projectile spears(daybreak) and manaless spells(north pole) (or if you're going to do those at least bump individual damage and don't let us throw a 2nd spear until the first vanishes: dps uneffected, mechanics less like a spellbook) (even just small tweaks to function like "spear stabs extremely fast, but takes a lot of time to pull back, doing continuous damage during the time it is out" could be interesting. or something that creates homing projectiles on enemy death rather than with each strike.)
  • traveling merchant and arms dealer change wespons earlygame vs in hardmode. Why can't the other npcs do that? they die too easy, give them a bump in defense and/or a better weapon at certain stages in the game. they'd still be useless but slightly less likely to die to a posessed armor /wraith before you can get to them. also remove their drowning mechanic unless they're also smart enough not to walk into the water.
  • if specter hood really had to be nerfed out of function entirely for the final boss like that doncha think maybe its worth reexamining overall? then it could be properly balanced and moonlord wouldn't need to suddenly and without warning disable the gear of an unsuspecting mage who thought they were prepared to fight him. my specific suggestion is:
    -that helmet should have flat out replaced the hood, its "attacking wisps" bonus is perfect for the set.
    -add a single spell(spectral tome) with lifesteal:
    --sends healing wisps to the lowest hp ally(20% damage done, same effect as specter)
    --make it a direct fire attack and then balance its damage accordingly with the tier its obtained in. (stats:i donno...68 damage, 2 pierce, 11 mana, and fire a constant low knockback beam like life drain or last prisim for usetime...would that work?(obviously devs will be better at stats than me so tweak as needed))
    --crafted with ectoplasm+book and using the same art it does now for the healing.
  • can the same effect portal gun uses be applied to the world's edges to let the ocean wrap around?
  • moon lord just doesn't feel like terraria's final boss. more like a sidequest
    feels more like another fishron than the end. like hes an event, something to farm for op loot...boss of all moon events maybe...
    could even see boss of a subplot that explains zombies and bloodmoons and eclipses maybe(since that doesn't sound like part of corruption)

but he leaves the whole spirits of light and dark thing unresolved and that seems like terraria's main plot to me.(closest we get anyway)
    "find leaky sealed evil. sacrifice the guide to break the seals. fight corruption and hallow as your world is caught in the middle of their war. shoot the moon." eerr....shouldn't that bit at the end be "defeat sealed evil once and for all"? (or at least "make a more perfect seal, had to break it first to make it better a bit like wheel of time)
    - so suggestion: could at least make the evil(and its enemy)stop spreading after hes defeated. that'd help a little.

may be some repeats with other topics here, honestly didn't bother to look. none are "stolen" if they're doubled up its cause they're common sense things anybody could think of and likely have multiple threads already(so apologies to anybody who feels defensive/possessive of their ideas. instead of getting mad just consider them a "support" for whichever clone has the most votes) I'd be happy if somebody wants to take something from here and make a full thread on it too.(no citation or permission needed) I mean this is a suggestion thread, i honestly don't care who wants epeen for it as long as it gets into the game, i have no intention on claiming any of these so have at it, its yours.

...actually I'm certain some are duplicated elsewhere, i've even commented in some threads, though this list predates this forum so whatever)

(also i realize some of this was just added edit- is already coming in 1.3 in some form, i'll fix those later)
edit- also several of this are in 1.3 now so i'll have to edit for that too...never did get around to the last update but

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom