Qui Devorat: Origins

Qui Devorat

Terrarian
Prologue
So, you wish to know how something like me came to be? Very well. Listen carefully ladies and gentlemen....
We all know the land of Terraria, it's lands thriving with flora and fauna and the valleys bustling with magic and wonder. Surely little place else to call home.
Of course, like nearly all places, it has a dark secret.....
If you take a glance at where the shadows lie. There, in the area enveloped by them, is a place of misery, horror and death. Twisted creatures roam that space, born from the rotten flesh and the dark manifestations of the adventurers who came to purge it. This place is known well, and under one name: The Corruption.
It's also where I died
It's also where I was reborn.

CHAPTER 1

It was the usual sunny day around here. Slimes slopped their way across the land, uncaring of anything in their way. I had brushed aside everything in my way. The King slime was gone, slain by my hand, and the Eye of Cthulhu? D.E.A.D. Both of them on luck, as I was very lucky to be alive in both occasions. I was slightly intimidated by the corruption but was excited at the prospect of loot and another giant aberration to kill. I was frenzied by this and charged.
It was there that my luck, which had guided me better than the guide himself, turned it's back on me.
I was outnumbered, barely able to get a hit in before they jumped on me. Gnawed my flesh and bones and left me in agony. I dragged my broken body in a desperate effort to crawl out, but found myself airbourne as an Eater of Souls sank it's teeth into my side and dragged me with it into the air. I punched the creature. Once, twice, thrice to no effect. Then another surge of pain rushed into me as a sickening tear issued from me as the Eater ripped a chunk of flesh clean off from me, sending me falling..falling.....
I blacked out.
I wondered if I was dead at first, what with the fact that it would be absurd to be still alive after everything inflicted upon me.
I then realised to my shock that I was indeed, alive.

I regained consciousness hearing my own blood drip onto the floor. I opened my eyes to find a curved, notched spike jammed into my chest from behind. I let a chuckle escape my pierced throat.
I had landed on and been impaled by a Demon Altar.
I tried to move my arms, aiming at another grasp at freedom. And as I moved my arms up to the spike I realised that they were regenerating. The flesh around the wounds emitting green wispy threads, writhing and twisting towards and around each other, reknitting the flesh and holes in my clothes until the wound was healed and the clothing repaired before dissipating into the air. I then felt a a tightness in my chest and found that the hole in my chest was trying to regenerate, the Demon Altar's spike being compressed by the healing flesh. I knew that it wouldn't close unless the spike was out and pulled myself off the spike, crashing to the hard ebonstone floor. As I eased myself onto my feet, the hole in my chest healing completely, I became aware of my foe, The Eater Of Worlds closing in on me, snapping it's jaws at the sight of prey. I readied myself, knowing that I would probably die in combat against this thing. But as I curled my hands into fists, the unearthly energy that healed my wounds appeared on my hands and whirled around my palms, turning into bright green flames. I felt a rush of confidence build up inside me, now feeling that I have the power to kill it in a one on one fight. With a laugh, I rush at the worm and the battle begins.
I close in on it, tear it's side open with a couple of searing punches and cackle, exhilarated at the rush of power from me. My laughter ends as the Eater Of Worlds takes advantage of my lapse in concentration, clamps on my arm and wrenches, ripping it clean off. This little victory is short lived, as writhing tendrils wreathed in green flames erupt from the stump, merged and contorted into a replacement arm, after healing the damage done to my sleeve. Reinvigorated by my newfound and potent regenerative ability, I sped towards the Eater and tore a hole in it's face, wreathing my arm with unholy fire. Enraged by the burning sensation as one of its many brains liquified, The Eater lashed at me, but was pitifully dodged. My strength and speed enhanced by my mysterious resurrection. I used the momentum of the Eater to pull it out of the Rock and charge down the length of it. My arm, still engulfed in otherworldly fire and embedded in one of it's many skulls, sliced through the length of it like a hot knife through butter, cleaving the entire creature nearly in half. The Eater of Worlds let out a small moan before collapsing, lifeless, onto the ground of the cavern.
It was finally dead. Now the only task left was to escape back up to the surface. As I scowled at the vertical wall of the chasm. I saw green particles form on my skin and float up to my back. As I looked on in awe, a pair of luminescent green wings formed on my back. "Nothing could stop me now." I mused before taking off and shooting out of the chasm like a rocket, twisting in the air and gliding through the sky back to his
dwelling. It was then and there that I had an idea that would dictate how I lived from that day on. Maybe I could use this newfound eldritch power to actually remove the threats to the land and make this place safe again.

CHAPTER 2

After a long night's sleep, I decided to make a trip to the city to grab some supplies, having run low on them a few days before and spending the time afterwards surviving on scraps. As I trudged out of the door and started across the path to the city, I began to notice that nearby people began to avoid me, going out of their way to on some occasions. One even jumped into a stream. The possible threat of piranhas seemed to him less a threat than me. I snickered to myself, amused by the spectacle. But now was not the time for this. There was something else I needed to do up the town. "I think it's time for some private detective work to start myself off before to moving to higher grounds." I murmured underneath my breath.
I pass the gate, the guards there fidgeting in my presence and casting at me a wary gaze, unsure of my intentions. I ignore them. No more distractions I could afford.
I trudge across the market to the town hall, looking for a case to start off from, a few people glare at me as I pass, but I think nothing of it. I calmly walked up the steps leading to the door of the town hall, reached for the handle, and opened.

"GUARDS!"
Suddenly I find an entire armory's worth of weaponry pointed at me, ready to shred me at the bark of an order. The mayor was an utterly terrified middle-aged man staring at me, his eyes struggling to remain focused. He was speechless, but I could see from his eyes that something was agitating him. His brow was starting to become drenched in sweat, and he weakly collapsed onto his desk, as if something was making him sick. I, slightly worried, quietly muttered: "If I take a look at your notice board, I won't come back." The mayor reluctantly nodded and ordered his guards to stand down. I glowered at them until they put away their weapons and wandered off. That problem taken care of, I turn my attention to the notice board, and scanned it for a problem that could be solved by my demonic gifts.

My eyes crossed the various notices, now bored due to the lack of anything interesting, quickly juddering to a halt at one particular case.

MISSING
James Crowe
last seen near the desert
Reward: 15 platinum coins

I scratch the side of my head and nodded, eager to put a little more money into my pocket. I ripped the poster off the wall and turned to the mayor, who was still slumped on his desk. "This man still missing?" I inquire as I shove the poster in his face, "Y-y-yes." He stuttered, forcing himself not to vomit. "He was off to the jungle last time his friends and family saw him , he hasn't been heard from again." That was everything I needed from the man, so I started towards the door. "Let's see if I can find a mister Crowe." I whispered to myself as I set off back out into the sunshine. But as I strolled through the market back to the gate, I became aware of something.......

I was being followed
I began to have a nasty little hunch that someone was watching me from above, monitoring my very movement, that began as soon as I left town hall. The hair on the back on my neck stood out. I knew that the cretin was toying with me by now. Pushing their luck. They somehow knew I was capable of vaguely sensing them and kept their movements to the shadows and simple baiting tactics. Annoyed, I tried to take my mind off the creepy fool and focus on finding Crowe. "That reward money is as good as mine." I thought as I calmly slipped out with the crowd, which seemed to work as the hairs on the back of my neck slowly began to settle down. "Next stop, sand, sand and more sand." I mused quietly as I set off down the road that crossed through the desert.

CHAPTER 3

The days pass, days and days and days until finally, I find the sight that I had been seeking: a horizon of dust. "Well, this is gonna be an easy job." I snarked. Unamused by the lack of footprints, aware of the fact that a dust storm had shifted the sands and erased anything that could be tracked the day before. I let out a sigh. My trail had gone cold.

As I was about to turn back. I hear a whooshing sound and turned around as a jet of energy erupted from the sand, descended into the clouds, and exploded, sending serpentine forks of energy into the clouds. I slowly advance towards the crater that the energy beam emitted from, taking care to avoid another blast if it was going to happen again, and peer over the rim. What I saw reanimated my desire to pursue this mystery even further.
Deep in the pit, I caught sight of a chamber, decorated with blue bricks, in the middle a heavily engraved neon chest. Enchanted candles lit the room with a dim blue flame. Helping the task of providing light was bright blue channels cut into the floor leading to a smoking obelisk with glowing runes, the source of the beam. Possibly an ancient defense mechanism triggered by some loose sand.
And a corpse in the corner.
A long dead corpse.
The corpse of the man I'd been looking for.
I jump down into the chamber and slink over to it, wishing to take a closer look at the dead man.
And I notice, in his hand, was an engraved neon key.
He died trying to get at the chest.
Poor fool.
But what killed him, however, was still a mystery. Nothing in this chamber was even vaguely dangerous aside from the Laser obelisk, and that was all spent.
I reach down and take the key from his skeletal hand, my curiosity proving untameable. With the chest's contents in mind, I calmly stroll over and jam the key into the lock, twisting it viciously. There's a groan as an unknown mechanism comes free inside the chest, and the lid pops open. I gaze inside, and what I see is....
Unbelievable.
Souls of Might.
35. Souls. Of. Might.
A godly artifact.
Un.believable.

CHAPTER 4

I stare at the souls, my body unmoving, my mind unthinking.
Impossible.
It's never been this easy.
Never.
As my mind raced about wondering why fate has decided to dump one of their godly artifacts on me of all people.
On me.
A dreg of society.
My newfound strangeness may have given me power, but social status? I doubted the thought.
Suddenly my train of thought was derailed by a very loud and enraged roar. Knowing my environment, I thought it was a good time to run. Fast. For I had awakened a Dungeon Guardian. I managed to duck behind the obelisk as the gigantic protector of this place crashed through the wall, crying for blood to be spilt. The exit was too high up. A no-go. That thing would devour me before I even got close to it. So I had to take care of the situation here and now, give that thing something to hunt so I can slip away.
As I cower behind the rune riddled structure, looking for a way to make the dungeon's guard dog falter in it's attention, I catch sight of Crowe's corpse, the clothes trussed around him giving him a plump look, the outstretched skeletal hand where the chest key once lay.....
Then it hit me. I had plenty of my treasure, perhaps I could share....

Luckily for me, I had quickly stuffed the souls in my backpack before the monster arrived. I pulled it off my back and opened it. Inside were the souls.
The guardian's treasure.
The key to it's downfall.
Speaking of which, the guardian was getting more impatient, it had spent the time looking for me in every nook and cranny in the bricked room and was getting slowly angrier as time went on, it's movements erratic, it's bellowing becoming more feral.
Perfect for the ruse I was about to throw at it.

I grabbed 10 of the souls from my backpack and waited until the monster's back was turned.....
Time to put the plan in motion.
I grabbed a loose brick dislodged by the guardian during it's dramatic entry and lobbed it through the hole in the wall, the monster following suit, looking for the source of the noise. I then crawled of my hiding place and acted quickly, lifting the the skeleton of Crowe towards the chest and placed his arm so that it dangled into the chest, I tossed the 10 souls of might into the box and ducked behind cover as the Dungeon Guardian reemerged from the hole in the wall and caught sight of Crowe's skeleton reaching into the box and about to take the treasure inside....
Just as I planned.
The guardian, infuriated by the sight, roared ,closed in on the skeleton with terrifying speed and emanated a crushing sound as it tore Crowe's corpse apart, devouring it. It's treasure seemingly safe, it slowly retreated back through the wall and into the dungeon, satisfied.
Sucker.
After climbing through the hole in the desert. I quickly take hold of the amount of distance that I had crossed. It was nighttime by that point and the twisted creatures that kept their activities below ground were stalking the lands, looking for victims.
I was between a rock and a hard place. Either walk home, at night, with unfriendly creatures nipping at your heels all the way. Or the air, which was marginally safer than the ground. That unique power I used to get out of the cavern was pretty much useless as I did not know how to call it forth. However, as I was thinking over that idea, my arms started to give off green particles again, which began to float over to my back and began to reconstruct the same pair of flaming wings which helped me escape the corruption the night I died. It was then that I knew what caused the wings to activate; it was the wish of flight.
The reconstruction process began to accelerate in speed, as I saw a group of wraiths caught sight of me and began to close on me with considerable speed. If the wings weren't finished forming then.....
Wow
That was quick.
My wings unfurled from my back and shot me skyward just as the wraiths closed into striking distance. I was out of reach now. "Time to go home." A thought eased itself through my mind.
The hunt was over. Time for the reward.

CHAPTER 5

I crash-landed to the ground on the roof of the town hall, the whole knack of flying easy with me, but sadly not landing. Didn't matter now anyway, the teasings of a cash reward didn't deter me at all. As I jumped off the roof onto the steps below and turned over to the door......
Footprints.
Bloody Footprints
"Oh Gods no...." I whispered to myself as I smashed into the town hall.
There was more blood
A lot more
It was everywhere!
What the hell happened here!?

My voice gaining a demonic echo as my anger increased. How dare they attack this place. How dare they!
There was a nervous cough behind the desk, now spattered with blood. I quickly regained my composure and quietly asked "Someone overdrawn on the blood bank?"
A figure emerged behind the desk carrying an umbrella.
It was the mayor
I smirked. The sight of such a pathetic excuse of a man, trying to shield himself from the blood, would have cracked a smile from Cthulhu itself. However my smile faded as he babbled about "two Quis". I slapped him out of it and told him to translate his gibberish. "I swear to the Gods that you came here, torn to pieces but somehow still alive trying to strong arm a reward from me. The guard tried to attack you, but you..you..you...."
I hoisted him up, one hand hand around his neck and thoroughly unamused.
"I what? Tell me, cretin. I do not have time to play games with you all day."
You, YOU ATE HIM. SWALLOWED HIM LIKE A RATTLESNAKE!!!!" he babbled.
"And what of the reward?"
The mayor sputtered back to me "you took it. I tried to withhold it from you, at least, until you threatened to kill me too."
What?
My blood ran cold. I was enraged. This...This imposter takes my money and attacks the town hall. Forget the money, this was personal now.
"Stupid move pretender.
It'll also be your last."

I cursed loudly, threw the mayor back onto his desk and stormed out, leaving a burning handprint on the door. It was time to follow the footprints.
I had followed the trail to a place known as The Merchant's Arms, a bar on the outskirts of town. Without a word, I shoved the door open and strode in.
I was greeted with the sight of three hardmoders, skilled monster hunters and adventurers identified by street slang to separate them from the rest of the populace playing pool in the corner, they all hear the door slam into the wall and locks their gaze with me, their eyes pondering before melting into fear, one going catatonic, seeing into my eyes and taking a glimpse of the internal void holding my soul and full of ever-burning fire. While the others bolt for the exit, only stopping to drag their comrade with them, from utter horror at the incomprehensible thing in front of them
The eldritch horror.
The monster from the veil of corruption poisoning the land
Me.
I stare in deep wonder at my hands, musing over the fact that I was fundamentally wrong to the point that I made a bunch of skilled monster hunters, who would charge into battle with a smile, piss themselves after seeing me.
But they did look like they wanted a fight
Heh.
One of the perks of being me.

CHAPTER 6

I focused myself onto the number one priority, which was finding the assailant of town hall. Following the tracks to the back door of the bar, I became aware of something making squishing and slithering noises on the other side. The trail stopped here.
But charging in blind to fight My assailant without having a look first is not the most competent of ideas. The door was splattered with blood, however the peephole was remarkably tidy through some unclear miracle, so perhaps I had a way of knowing my enemy after all. I flicked the peephole's cover off and peered in.
Inside was a scene of utter carnage, the consequence of utter bloodlust.
Blood, blood, blood.
The walls dripping with the stuff.
Flesh mixed along with it, turning the thought of gaining entry into poison in my mouth.
Bodies in the corner, brutalised, terror on their faces
Reflecting their final moments
I remember some of their faces
Them being on missing posters
In the town hall.
I shall avenge them!
And on the other side,
An amorphous ever-shifting blob of flesh.
The never ending transformations..
The consistency similar to molten plastic
Disgusting!

My mind nearly shutting down from the sight, I take a moment for my sanity to catch a breath, before casting my eyes back to the peephole.
Too late.
A yellow, weeping eye raised itself to the eyehole and seemed to catch a glimpse of the person behind it.
Me.
I dived over the bar and under the table as the door was smashed off it's hinges, resting on the other side of the room. As I watch to my surprise, the monster surges out of the battered doorframe, oozing it's way around it and begins pooling up near the bar. At first I thought that the monster was simply looking for another place to rest. That theory was quickly scuppered as the creature lurched up, forming a fountain of blood and flesh, before falling away to reveal a human figure; a slender young woman, brunette, wearing a hooded cloak. Nothing monstrous about her, at least at first glance anyway. Nonetheless, this woman was responsible for stealing my money, and endangering the lives of the people living here.
Of course I'm going to deep-fry her.
I wait until her back is turned to me, then charged out from under the table, my arms ablaze with sickly-green flames.
A futile gesture as all of a sudden, I find myself flying through the air into the wall, caught by a backhand.
She knew I was here.
Gods damn it!
Before I could raise myself to attack again, her fingers morph themselves into twisted, razor sharp tentacles and pin my shoulders to the wall. As I struggled to free myself, she opens her mouth and emits blend of a roar and a gargle, showing a row of razor sharp fangs in the process and lunging at my neck, eager to know how I taste.
I had other plans.
As she dived for my neck, I proceeded to focus the cursed fire from my arms to my shoulders, latching onto the tentacles digging into me and spinning around them like a tornado, reducing them to ash within seconds. Now free to move, I aim a kick at the woman/thing's side, sending her off balance. Seeing the chance, I regain my footing only to see her trying the tendril finger trick again.
But I don't suffer fools twice.
I use both hands to snatch the tendrils out of the air and focus my cursed flames through my arms and up the tendrils. The woman/thing tries to break away, knowing my strategy. But I hold firm.
She wasn't escaping from this.
The green fire rotates it's way up her tendrils until her arm is ablaze, and keeps spreading until the rest of her is engulfed in flames. She screeches, flails her arms wildly but it does little to help.
"For your victims." I exclaim coldly, the demonic echo having returned and reverberating behind my real voice, for it reflected my utter fury and coldness in the vigilante execution. No mercy. Seemed to fit her like a glove.
Eventually the tendrils I was still holding completely disintegrated in my hands. The woman/thing was a statue of ash now. Frozen in mid scream. I coldly measure it, before raising my fist back and sending a right hook into the statue's head, scattering it into the air, and the body, it's already fragile structure destabilised by the blow, follow suit and collapse into an ash pile on the ground. Satisfied, I grab the bag of reward money and turn to leave.
As I leave I think I see a drop of blood slither off from the pile of ash. I turn to have a look, but find nothing. I disbelieve it, thinking it a trick of the mind and I happily toss the sack over my shoulder, on the way back home.
Although I'm not to sure she's dead.
Is she?
Is she?

CHAPTER 7

I stroll down the path leading back to my home, sack on my back and smile on my face. For it had been a long day in this land of childish wonder, but also death and despair.
Sadly the powers that be weren't done with me yet.
Jerks.
As I pushed open the door with my free hand, I am greeted with a deathly silence. The lights were off, exactly as I left them. I was pleased by the thought that no one had burgled my house while I was out on my first nights solving a case and handing a beatdown to a supernatural serial killer. Sadly though, that thought had turned out to be a delusion.
I sat down in a chair for at least some shut eye, eager for it. I was expecting the horrors of the night to be lenient with me as I slowly drifted off to....
CRASH!!!!
I stiffened, then groaned in annoyance.
"I really aren't gonna get any sleep am I?" I hissed as I rose from the chair to investigate the disturbance. The noise had come from upstairs and sounded like a pane of glass being utterly destroyed. I quietly trudge up the steps, hoping to surprise the intruder. However my temper increased as I heard the sound of breaking glass change into that of splintering wood. I reached up to the door at the top, twisted the handle and charged through it.
The m beyond was covered with blood. But not splattered. As I pull one of the torches off the wall and held it up to the wall. What I saw made my brain boil.
Messages, written in blood, for me to see.
Hate you
Kill you
Eat you
Mine to kill
Mine

I stopped reading, for the message was clear.
That monster was still alive.
How?
How?
How could she still live?! After reducing her to DUST no less?!
I stopped myself. I had to be calm. If I lose control, then mistakes could easily be made.
Then I heard a giggle.
That childish giggle.
Emanating from the throat of the one I wished to kill.
Emanating from this very room
Then I had an idea. Perhaps I could extract some information from her before killing her a second and hopefully final time. As I cast the torch over a dark spot in the corner, I spot the monster at last.
A kneeling figure in the corner.
The same hood, the same feeling...
This was her alright.
I ready myself, my hands once more wreathed in a unholy blaze, glaring at her in the corner with a look that could maim the bravery of any soul.
"I see you have gotten used to your stolen power." It choked, spilling a filthy yellow fluid from her mouth with every word."
Stolen power? What?
"What do you mean stolen power?" I inquired, still keeping a close eye on her in case she was feeling like taking a chunk of me.
The hooded figure snickered. "The night after you got snacked on by the rotten denizens of the shadowlands, was a blood moon."
"And?"
The abomination rambled on "Every time there is a blood moon, one of our overlords, the shadowland's avatar, tries to manifest himself into human flesh by aligning the moon with the earth. Sadly the moon can be manipulated into doing such a thing once every 1000 years. And we're 300 years too early. "
I absorbed every word "Keep talking." I murmured.
"But still the foolish avatar tries every blood moon, but fails. The only effect concentrating the corruption's power into the demon altars which disperses it violently back into the area again when dawn approaches. You happened to be skewered on one of them, and when dawn approached." She hesitated, as if even she didn't know what she was saying. "You took the blast point-blank and arose as something new. Possessing the power of the shadowlands, but neither bound to or the host of the overlord." Her voice took on a tone of disbelief. "That's never happened before."
I was rendered frozen in body and mind.
I was the simple side effect of some idiot god's flawed attempt into the world of the pure.
I was enraged. "Why did you tell me so :red:ing freely!?" My rage now uncontrolled and searing. "Well killing you will be more fun if you knew everything and made you feel helpless." She laughed at me, her pinprick mockeries of teeth showing through her smile.
That did it.
I raised an arm to silence her once and for all, but at the last second she seemed to disintegrate into a cloud of blood droplets, sucked itself out the broken window like a vacuum and vanished.
I staggered down the stairs and collapsed in the chair. This wasn't the last I was gonna see of her.
I think tomorrow I'll hit the market, my cursed flames won't be enough for what I will encounter. I'll need a heavy weapon. The time to stride into a conflict was upon me.
If she's wanting a fight,
She'll get one!
But first?
Sleep......

EPILOGUE
As I slid my backpack onto the trader's desk, I ordered him to fill it to the brim with a minishark, a set of gun parts and shark fins. I knew that crafting a Megashark would be a rather hazardous venture. If they saw me with what is practically a handheld auto-cannon that only hardmoders have been able to obtain, they would get suspicious, jealous...
Malicious.
And malicious intentions never end well
Especially for those targeted by it

But these were desperate times,
So time for desperate measures.
A man interrupts my train of thought, inquiring about the weapons I was buying. "By the gods, are you going to war? By yourself!?"
I turned my head to him and murmured to him in reply "Yes. You could call it that."
He could call it that indeed.
TO BE CONTINUED.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I am planning to write a sequel to this. Show some support and if you wish for a sequel, message me and say so. :b.
Also special thanks to @Samrux for inspiring me, @zimberzimber for giving me tips, @Daniel Terrarian iOS, @Shotte, @stormconure, @TerrariamcSwaggins, @Zemmy6, @darthmorf,@Jetstream Infinity ,once again @Samrux and @zimberzimber and more. I owe you all big thanks for reading my story. It is because of you people that I bring this magic to life. :)
PS: If anyone wants their character to be part of the action, ask me. You won't regret your roles :D

Last edited:
I like the language, but not the plot.
No conflict, no drama. Only someone turning OP

EDIT: ITS GREAT!

Last edited:
Yeah. what do you suggest may I ask? I've many ideas but what does this require?
♦ First of all, the main character gained his strength too easily, all he had to do is die and conveniently land on a demon altar, and BAM! Super cursed flame powers.
♦ You should explain why and how he gained these powers, it can't be as simple as dying on a demon altar.
♦ Everything is too convenient. "I need to get out of here" *wings appear* "Oh look! Convenient wings out of nowhere!" See what I mean?
♦ Although it is clearly corrupt powers the character obtained, he seems to be too 'good'. Ever watched Supernatural? Lets just say that when you gain power from an unholy source you become evil.

That's all I have for now.
Your language is good, but your writing could use some work. :)

If you were given as sacrifice in a corruption altar and reborn as a super bad-:red: cursed flames demon, then that definitely means you were to become evil!

The story might unfold itself onto telling the story of the demons, those cursed altars, and the corruption itself.
While near-"omnipotent" power is given to the protagonist too easily, it might become just a plot device to start the story, as the real tale will be shown later.

You obviously guessed that I'm expecting you to write more! Your writing was excellent, and so was the plot, to be honest.

Zimber I understand what you mean. But the explanation for his demonic transformation, how he managed to extrude/conjure cursed-flame wings and why he's not evil (or not AS evil anyway) will come in time. Thanks for the tips :)

Last edited:
If you were given as sacrifice in a corruption altar and reborn as a super bad-:red: cursed flames demon, then that definitely means you were to become evil!

The story might unfold itself onto telling the story of the demons, those cursed altars, and the corruption itself.
While near-"omnipotent" power is given to the protagonist too easily, it might become just a plot device to start the story, as the real tale will be shown later.

You obviously guessed that I'm expecting you to write more! Your writing was excellent, and so was the plot, to be honest.

There's a little more mystery behind it so stay tuned cos there's more to come. Also the whole thing about Bad powers bad people is a little bit cliched, so I'm gonna do bad powers, anti-heroic people. Also he's not omnipotent. His powers, even though he's a humanoid Lovecraftian horror, do have a limit, for example: He can, and will die if someone attacks him faster than he can regenerate. And the hallow negates his healing factor. Because you're the guy who inspired me to do this, heres a spoiler: he's a side effect. The avatar of the corruption is pretty much a god compared to him. Qui can control cursed flames but aside from that, a regenerative healing factor and enhanced strength and speed. But the Corruption avatar is O.P.

Last edited:
It's great so far :D

Edit: You could make chapters longer. Chapters 2 and 3 could be merged into a single one, for example. Maybe even chapters 2, 3 and 4, depending on where you want to take the story to.

Last edited:
It's great so far :D

Edit: You could make chapters longer. Chapters 2 and 3 could be merged into a single one, for example. Maybe even chapters 2, 3 and 4, depending on where you want to take the story to.
Hmm. You're right. A little tweaking is called for.

Wonderful. Simply wonderful.

One of the best reads in my entire life.

Speechless!

How long have you been writing? If I didn't know you (and I technically don't) I'd dare to claim that you were a novel writer! The storytelling, it's wonderful. The use of language. I wish to be like you.

Speechless!

How long have you been writing? If I didn't know you (and I technically don't) I'd dare to claim that you were a novel writer! The storytelling, it's wonderful. The use of language. I wish to be like you.
Hahah. All those times being receptive in English really paid off. I Am the Terraria stephen king. WOO!
[DOUBLEPOST=1416351058][/DOUBLEPOST]I
You need a cover art.
That would be one of the best of the cherries on top of this story. Can you help me with that task please? :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1416351184][/DOUBLEPOST]

Speechless!

If you're wondering, this is the first time I've expanded it outside of a short story. Something I partially owe to @zimberzimber

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom