Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Swap the entire bar only

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Swap just one item only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Solo-Ion

Dungeon Spirit
Is it just me, or does 10 hotbar slots never seem like quite enough?

There's been many suggestions to add extra hotbar shortcuts, but people often cut these down as being unnecessary. I think I have a more streamlined solution.

With a single button press, I'd like to be able to swop the entire row of items in my hotbar with the row immediately below, effectively doubling the number of items available to my hotbar. I was going to suggest that Tab would be used for this function, but that's already used for the minimap. Instead, I'll suggest that Caps Lock or the ~ button (the one to the left of the 1 button) could be used as the default to swap the rows.

There's many different ways that someone could utilise this, but here's how I'd make use of it. In the first slot I'd have my best close ranged melee weapon. Beneath that, I'd have my best medium ranged melee weapon. In another slot, I'd have my most powerful spell. Beneath that, I'd put my spell with the highest attack speed. Beneath my pickaxe, I'd have my hammer. Beneath my torches, I'd have my glowsticks. Beneath my iron skin potions, I'd have my regeneration potions. Etc.

An alternative way to swap items that could be used in conjunction with or as an alternative to my first suggestion may be preferable to some people.

Instead of swapping the entire row, you only swap one item with the one below it by double tapping the corresponding number. For example, if I had my pickaxe in slot 5, and my hammer below it, I could swop between the two by double tapping 5.

So what do you think? Are these both good ideas? Do you prefer one over the other?

Am I the only person who does not carry around an inventory of gear?

Hotbar: Melee Weapon- Pickaxe- Ranged Weapon- Magic weapon- maybe another melee weapon

Then the row below my hotbar is just Hook, magic Mirror, Safe, etc.

Idea I like, that said I would probably never use it.

This would be super helpful. My hotbar has my weapons, while the one underneath has blocks while building.
I support this 100%!

Back
Top Bottom