Game Mechanics Quick Loot storage option - New looting feature for easy item refreshing.

SzGamer227

Spazmatism

Okay. The idea is to have a "Quick Loot" Restock option for using storage items so that looting chests and managing your inventory is easier and more convenient. What does it do, you ask? It acts like the "Quick Stack" feature in reverse. Using Quick Loot Restock will automatically pull items out of a chest and stack them with items that you have in your inventory.

How would it be useful, though? If you have an excess of items and you decide to store them in a Chest (so that you can come back for them in case you run low in your main inventory), you can use Quick Loot Restock to refresh your stack of potions, ammo, blocks, or whatever else quickly and easily. Or, if you come across a Chest but you want to keep your inventory from crowding, you can use Quick Loot Restock to grab what you can without flooding your inventory with unwanted potions or ammo.

This option would take the place of the "Deposit All" option, which would then be moved as far away from the other options as possible so that I can stop accidentally clicking it and losing my mind. See? This would be killing two birds with one stone. Now you can quickly refill your ammo and potion supply and not have to worry about dumping your whole inventory into your chest. In my mind, it's perfect.

Last edited:
Cenx as a second post? Wow. Yeah, this is needed except
if your inventory is full and you come across a Chest, you can use Quick Loot to grab what you can carry and go easily.
That's pointless, you can just do loot all, and only what will fit will go in. But that's beside the point.
That second bird is a godsend too.

I dost support said idea and propose that megamage's suggestion also be considered. Both wouldst add to mine game, making such things as inventory management easier.

I actually had this idea in mind for a long time. But only it was called 'Quick put in my inventory' in my head. Not even kidding. You can guess why I didn't do anything with the idea. So yeah... Good job on the name!
I also like the idea of moving the Deposite All button further away from the other buttons. Preferably on the other side of the screen. Or in a different game. Or something.

Cenx posted, it's confirmed! May I ask if you could also let shift click move items into chests if you have one open, instead of sending items in the trash?
We really need this! At the very least some way other than dragging and dropping to put in and take out individual items from chests and such.
Also...
(this is an edit, so I can't properly quote darthmorf. hint to TCF devs, make that possible. But this is a reply to him) The quick loot option only picks up things that you already have in your inventory, so it actually is pretty useful in many occasions where the loot all isn't.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom