Weapons & Equip Rail Boots

(Moderately topical reference)

• (Amusing/referential form of agreement.)

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • Eh.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (Scornful/referential form of disagreement.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Scironex

The Destroyer
I don't think I'm the only one who thinks it's really annoying that you can't stand on rails. So my first thought was that you should be able to stand on them. But that would be a really boring and situational accessory.

"So are the fishing accessories."

Yeah, and we don't need any more of those, Strawman.

So, my proposal:

Rail Boots

Accessory
'Where are those sparks coming from?'
Allows you to stand and travel on minecart rails without using a minecart.

I'm unsure as to how these should be obtained.
The first option is to have the Mechanic or Steampunker sell them. (I'm leaning towards the Steampunker.)
The second is to craft them - I'd say with Iron and 2 Old Shoes.
Third is to find them in an underground Gold Chest. I'm not too fond of this option, but it's there.

While wearing the Rail Boots you can stand on minecart rails. Additionally, you can run on those rails to reach a speed a bit short of that of a minecart. Additionally, you can let go of the directional key, and continue moving infinitely. On the rails, you can very quickly get up to speed and slow down.

For bonus aesthetic points, the boots emit sparks from their heels.

The point is to introduce a fun new travelling mechanic, and an auxiliary method of moving across rails. The boots are overall slower and less automatic than minecarts, but also allow more control.

I'm aware that this combines the best parts of asphalt and frozen slime, but it also eats an accessory slot.

Comments and criticism, as always, is appreciated.

Last edited:
Seems fine to me. I support this. One more thing: can you attack while running on rails? I'm curious

So it's like Sunset Overdrive and being able to grind on anything, well at least in that game, you're only suggesting that you grind on the rails in Terraria.

So it's like Sunset Overdrive
Ahem. No.
tmp_22930-q4b_grindrail-noscale-1800516020.jpg

On topic: I can't say I don't support

Will I get a Mustachio Furrisimo costume with this? Maybe a wrench weapon? Anyways, I loved those games, and would love to see that mechanic. Support.
You're a smart person, you could probably create a wrench weapon well.

Though I would want it so holding the button threw the weapon and clicking struck with it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1428341438][/DOUBLEPOST]
Will I get a Mustachio Furrisimo costume with this? Maybe a wrench weapon? Anyways, I loved those games, and would love to see that mechanic. Support.
You're a smart person, you could probably create a wrench weapon well.

Though I would want it so holding the button threw the weapon and clicking struck with it.

This makes a lot of sense, and I can imagine several mob arena setups utlising these, as well as cool PvP.
This is pretty off the rails.
Or rather, on them, but don't let correct grammar ans coherent sense-making get in the way of jokes.

I would have thought the tooltip thing would be "soon to be patented" in reference of the point where you first get them in the game. But hey, it's your suggestion.

Also if you were wanting a wrench weapon I have one recommendation, all 3 wrench colors and some hallowed bars to make an omni wrench, just an idea.

Back
Top Bottom