Weapons & Equip Rain Bow

Is it good?

• Yes! I would have so much fun with this!

Votes: 51 92.7%
  • No. Why bother?

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters

Baconfry

Terrarian
So this is a thought I had for a new weapon. Don't worry, like all of my weapon suggestions, this'll be fun.

I present to you... the Rain Bow.

rainbow.png

48 ranged damage
Fast speed
Extremely weak knockback
50% chance not to consume ammo
No autofire. Sorry, guys.

Now's the part where it gets interesting.

When used, it fires three volleys of arrows (like the Clockwork Assault Rifle), with two arrows in each volley.
The first volley is taken from the first stack of arrows in the player's inventory.
The second is taken from the second stack.
The third volley, from the third stack.

What that means is that you can fire three different types of arrows in one shot. However, it does need to consume three arrows each time, not counting ammo conservation. (With 50% ammo consumption, it uses 1.5 arrows per shot on average.)

If there are no more stacks in the player's inventory, it cycles back to the first. For example:

If you have only a stack of Ichor Arrows and Frostburn Arrows, the first volley is Ichor, then Frostburn, then Ichor. Two Ichor Arrows are used, and one Frostburn Arrow is used.
If you have only a stack of Cursed Arrows, then the first volley is Cursed, the second is Cursed, and the third is Cursed. This uses three arrows from the same stack. Again, assuming no ammo conservation.

In terms of strategy, I'd keep my stack of Ichor Arrows in the first slot... and follow them up with Venom or Holy. But you can of course invent your own combinations.

So how is it obtained?

My first thought was to have it replace the Rainbow Gun in the Hallowed biome chest in some worlds. However, that presents the problem of coming up with alternates for every chest. That's a project I suppose I'll be working on for the next week or so. But in the meantime, while I'm busying myself with that, you can just picture it crafted with Hallowed Bars, Ectoplasm, and Rainbow Mist. (TO link.)

Edit: the Biome Weapon Project, which does indeed contain the Rain Bow, is now the largest project I've done in my time on the Terraria forums, and I strongly recommend checking it out.

So that's that! Any feedback?

Last edited:
how the hell did this obvious pun get overlooked in the first place?
I guess the devs were too busy snickering and laughing childishly at their other masterpiece puns. "master bait" and "mourning wood" anyone?
I use the made up pun 'Rainburn' (Melee weapons, Frost Armor, Fire Gauntlet, Cursed Flask.) It's such a pretty, pretty thing to kill with.

Also, yes. Rain Bow. Yes.

This suggestion is awesome. I would enjoy using one of these, very much. Cool concept, Bacon.

I don't think this needs an entirely new material.
Some unicorn horns, some pixie dust, some souls of light might sight and fright and that should be enough.
Maybe even rainbow blocks.

I don't think this needs an entirely new material. Some unicorn horns, some pixie dust, some souls of light might sight and fright and that should be enough.
Maybe even rainbow blocks.
Like I said, that's just a placeholder recipe while I work on a melee weapon for the Frozen Chest, a magic weapon for the Crimson Chest, and a summon weapon for the Jungle Chest. (Corruption Chest is done: a Parasite Launcher like the one I posted on TO.)

I like the weapon idea but despise your method or obtaining it... I do not want RNG for the chests I can take quite some time to get multiple keys and now I have to deal with a 50 chance on world gen to hope I get the right key?

NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biome chests shouldn't ever be related with more RNG unless you want to recon how they are obtained/number spawned/key mold rarity. No support Worst idea 2015/16/ever

I definitely like the mechanic, and seeing how bows are pretty neglected late-game (Pulse Bow, Tsunami, that's it), this would also give Shroomite Headgear some more use.

The bow itself here is great honestly one of the best suggestions its just the biome chest isn't they way as their is only one biome chest per world it could take forever to successfully find both chest items...
further considering how few frozen and crimson molds I've found it might take a few years of grinding +insane luck (or Alt F4ing) just to get both items... this suggestion alone ramps up the tediousness in Terraria by orders of magnitude

I like the weapon idea but despise your method or obtaining it... I do not want RNG for the chests I can take quite some time to get multiple keys and now I have to deal with a 50 chance on world gen to hope I get the right key?

NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biome chests shouldn't ever be related with more RNG unless you want to recon how they are obtained/number spawned/key mold rarity. No support Worst idea 2015/16/ever
Oh. Hmm. Well, you can't have everything. No one said it was required to obtain every single weapon in the game, and as it turns out, SzGamer227 and I are working on the remaining fourteen biome weapons.

Oh. Hmm. Well, you can't have everything. No one said it was required to obtain every single weapon in the game, and as it turns out, SzGamer227 and I are working on the remaining fourteen biome weapons.
*cries* I'm a collector... I have no problem with new biome chest weapons I only worry about wasting keys to get a weapon I already have when I'm looking for other weapons that share that chest... This reminds me of the nightmare that was flamelash in 1.1 where I had to make an obscene number of worlds just to get one...

A happy compromise would be have multiple chests for that biome equal to the number of biome chest weapons for that biome that way you know you can get them all in one world...
Or you could make a different set for crimson/Corrupt worlds... If is chosen by the world type Then it is perfectly fine I just can't stand chests that are too rare and too hard to access being random...

A happy compromise would be have multiple chests for that biome equal to the number of biome chest weapons for that biome that way you know you can get them all in one world...
Or you could make a different set for crimson/Corrupt worlds... If is chosen by the world type Then it is perfectly fine I just can't stand chests that are too rare and too hard to access being random...
You do realize that for that to happen, we'll need sixteen biome chests in every world?

The usual RNG solution could be used: crafting. Inside a Dungeon Chest, you find a material that is used to craft that biome's equipment. You would still need 4 worlds or so, but at least you would only need 4 worlds.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom