Weapons & Equip Ranger Lifesteal - Ammo

Golem

Skeletron Prime
Hey guys,

I just had an idea for ranger lifesteal. It is pretty original and i haven't seen anything like it yet, instead of having a single weapon that lifesteals there are bullets, arrows and rockets. The ammo can heal a maximum of 1 heart per second. Also using these bullets reduces the total damage of the weapon being used by 40%

Vampire Bullet:
5 Damage
50 Musket Balls + 1 Ectoplasm = 50 Vampire Bullets

Vampire Arrows:
10 Damage
50 Wooden Arrows + 1 Ectoplasm = 50 Vampire Arrows

Vampire Rockets:
25 Damage
50 Rocket I + 1 Ectoplasm = 50 Vampire Rockets

Thanks for reading guys, if you have any suggestions or feedback please leave it all below.

Golem

Last edited:
Definitely a different concept, but i support! although maybe limit the monster blood to hardmode?

I like the idea of being able to craft the ammunition, but what do you think about replacing the Monster Blood in the recipe with Life Crystals? They aren't too easy or too hard to obtain and they have very little or no use after acquiring 400 health and a heart lantern or two. Plus they fit the theme of life.

Sounds good enough....but 5 damage for rockets?
That's not worth it.
I like the idea of being able to craft the ammunition, but what do you think about replacing the Monster Blood in the recipe with Life Crystals? They aren't too easy or too hard to obtain and they have very little or no use after acquiring 400 health and a heart lantern or two. Plus they fit the theme of life.
Except that those are very early game

Holy hell this is OP. 2 hearts per second without a damage handicap? Yeah, no. This is as bad as Spectre armor was in 1.2.2, and it was so bad then that they added a 40% damage reduction and a 20% increase in Mana usage. (The Mana usage was removed again later, but still.)

Should Rangers have life-steal? Yes. Is ammo the way to do it? Absolutely not.

Also, in response to this:
It is pretty original and i haven't seen anything like it yet, instead of having a single weapon that lifesteals there are bullets, arrows and rockets.
This is actually not original at all. I searched with Google for "Terraria life steal ammo" and found 6 different threads about life-steal ammunition. 4 of which were on Terraria Online, and 2 of them were here on TCF.

Holy hell this is OP. 2 hearts per second without a damage handicap? Yeah, no. This is as bad as Spectre armor was in 1.2.2, and it was so bad then that they added a 40% damage reduction and a 20% increase in Mana usage. (The Mana usage was removed again later, but still.)

Should Rangers have life-steal? Yes. Is ammo the way to do it? Absolutely not.

Also, in response to this:

This is actually not original at all. I searched with Google for "Terraria life steal ammo" and 6 found 6 different threads about life-steal ammunition. 4 of which were on Terraria Online, and 2 of them were here on TCF.
I haven't seen anything like it and most people do suggestions on guns.

Been suggested before, so not that original.
Nevertheless, I'd like some life stealing bullets too, if only to make the pumpkin and frost moon more survivable for rangers.

I don't see the point of having bullets, arrows and rockets though. Either bullets or arrows should be enough.
The damage these bullets/arrows would do would be ridiculously low. Possibly 50% of the weapon's damage.
Bullets/arrows like these are to heal yourself up when in a pinch, but they should never even be remotely near the damage of regular ammo. There should be a HUGE trade-off for using these bullets.

I don't see the need for blood. Ectoplasm and bullets+arrows, bonza, life-stealing bullets+arrows.

Been suggested before, so not that original.
Nevertheless, I'd like some life stealing bullets too, if only to make the pumpkin and frost moon more survivable for rangers.

I don't see the point of having bullets, arrows and rockets though. Either bullets or arrows should be enough.
The damage these bullets/arrows would do would be ridiculously low. Possibly 50% of the weapon's damage.
Bullets/arrows like these are to heal yourself up when in a pinch, but they should never even be remotely near the damage of regular ammo. There should be a HUGE trade-off for using these bullets.

I don't see the need for blood. Ectoplasm and bullets+arrows, bonza, life-stealing bullets+arrows.
Holy crap! Never thought of ectoplasm

That's what I've always thought. Oddly, though, many healing ammo suggestions are based on Shroomite. >_>

I'm against the proposed bullet/arrow on the basis that it operates too much like Spectre armor does.

(Click me!)

That's what I've always thought. Oddly, though, many healing ammo suggestions are based on Shroomite. >_>

I'm against the proposed bullet/arrow on the basis that it operates too much like Spectre armor does.

(Click me!)
That's the thing about life-steal, it is so hard to please everyone :(

Back
Top Bottom