PC [REPOST] Game crashes everytime I try to host/join a server

Aalb

Terrarian
Since I updated to 1.3 I've been completely unable to play any kind of multiplayer game; everytime I try to host a server it kinda lags until the point it says "Found server" and crashes, with a Terraria.exe stopped working message. Same thing happens if I try to join any kind of server, happening both via Steam or IP.

I've been playing Terraria for a really long time and I never had problems of any kind like crashing or stuttering between others like it's occurring right now, so I highly doubt it's related to my computer but I'll leave my specs anyway:

4GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 9200
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU 2.50 GHz
Running on a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits

Know any solution? Because I'm completely unable to play with any friend at all and it is indeed getting me desperate, any help would be highly welcome :(

EDIT: I could manage to run a dedicated server, my friends can join but at the moment I join, the Terraria client crashes and then the server crashes too, kicking everyone from it, this is really weird ;(

EDIT 2: I managed to fix it thanks to @Midna Rinku, downloading the microsoft framework 4.5 fixed it and everything went as always, thanks for the solution! :D
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

/Reposting this in here since noone seems to be able to help me in the other subforum/

Last edited:
Guys I'm beeing serious I can't even play this is a serious thread.. Help me please ;^;

Have you tried to reinstall the game? Maybe your firewall is blocking something. Make sure everything related to terraria isnt blocked in the list in the firewall. Ive got a similar Problem, i cant join a dedicated server my friend hosts, but when i host it, it works just fine.
But its quite weird it crashes when you try to join your server.

@MasterBrain Yup tried verifying game cache and reinstalling it both twice and still nothing, keeps happening

Disabling the firewall didn't do the trick neither :(

same problem, i installed yesterday like 20 times terraria and crashes still :red:et up my gameplay and the game closes randomly without reason :/

Exactly the same problem, im being playing terraria since 2-3 years ago and never i had some problem.
When i start multiplayer server hosted by me or trying joining a friend, the game crashes and terrariaserver.exe too
same issue in terraria folder, .bat file steam servers, crashes instantly.
sorry for my bad english, please someone help us :c

when i press quit terraria crashes too.
all drivers updated, xna uninstalled and reinstalled again
i was tried with other version of terraria 1.2 effectively, i can host normalcy.
the issue are in this version 1.3

Last edited:
i uninstalled and installed the game many times
disabling firewall...
cleaning temp folders
updating all drivers
erasing terraria folder in my documents.
reinstalling xna framework
and used steam cache verify too... nothing works
Devs pls D:

Last edited:
Exactly the same problem, im being playing terraria since 2-3 years ago and never i had some problem.
When i start multiplayer server hosted by me or trying joining a friend, the game crashes and terrariaserver.exe too
same issue in terraria folder, .bat file steam servers, crashes instantly.
sorry for my bad english, please someone help us :c

when i press quit terraria crashes too.
all drivers updated, xna uninstalled and reinstalled again
i tried with other version of terraria 1.2 i can host normally.
the issue are in this version 1.3
Please add your pc specs aswell, because this issue could be hardware related and the devs can find a solution way faster.

my game also crashes when i try to host a server, its load and say ¨server found¨ then crash, this never happened before 1.3 to me

I think is not graphics/audio problems.
System... maybe... but is more related to conection problems I guess.
System Specs:

x58gw6.jpg

Are devs taking care of this? No response yet and I really want to play with my friends... ;(

I bought a lot of copies just for them and I'm not even able to play with them, please devs *Begging* :(
[DOUBLEPOST=1435799504,1435799441][/DOUBLEPOST]@Midna Rinku Gonna try this I'll post in the near future

But Windows XP dont have Framework 4.5 :C my friend's game crash when enter in multiplayer D:

Back
Top Bottom