Music "ReTerraria" : Reimagining the Terraria Soundtrack

TheHelten

Terrarian
Terraria's soundtrack is something I hold pretty dear, and in high regard for its quality. Me being a music composer, I can see the work that was truly put into every second of it. However, something came to my attention; in my own compositions, I barely get outside my comfort zone of electronica, swing, and other nonsensical things that just aren't everyone's cup of tea...

So, what if I made tracks inspired by Terraria? Not a remix or cover, but just things that I would make if I was in that guy's position?

The answer to that question was the first word that popped into my head, a portmanteau of Re-Logic and Terraria that would speak of a repeat just as well: ReTerraria. It takes quite a bit of motivation to stick with it, but after I made the first track, I keep having snippets run through my head of what any of the others could sound like. As of the post date, I only have but one track, but I hope with enough positive feedback to encourage it and keep me going, maybe I could do them all in my own style and really live out what I speak of! While I'm at this, if we have any hermit composers out there, please post your work if at all applicable, because it took me like a month to build up the courage to even try this idea and do it. It feels good to finally post.

(Also, I don't have album art, but I don't know if I'd really need any.)

Please leave comments, compliments, criticisms, or any other fancy way of saying things that starts with a 'c'. Thanks for listening.

Tracklist is on Soundcloud! --- https://soundcloud.com/thehelten

If you don't care about the other songs, just go to the ReTerraria playlist to play those songs!

Last edited:
Song sounds pretty damn great! Plus music is something we don't often see created and shared on our forums, so, uh - welcome and cheers for that!

However, I would recommend you upload your song(s) to Youtube/any video sharing site ASAP. This'd make it a lot easier for them to reach a wider audience, no? :3

I'll give that a look-see. I was hoping to start on Soundcloud anyhow. I've been composing for years and never really found it okay with myself to post my works to pub, even though tons of people tell me to. (At least the tons I share because circle of trust is limited.)

I'll give that a look-see. I was hoping to start on Soundcloud anyhow. I've been composing for years and never really found it okay with myself to post my works to pub, even though tons of people tell me to. (At least the tons I share because circle of trust is limited.)
Share a similar issue. Quite a few people know of and have read my stuff but I have barely ever shared them on anything public.

Shadow_Mantis said:
Share a similar issue. Quite a few people know of and have read my stuff but I have barely ever shared them on anything public.

Well then get out there and roll the bones, who knows what you'll accomplish? You don't know until you really give it a good try. I'm going through a lot lately and songs are what pulls me through this mire of mine, so when I hear people enjoy what I make that I'm creating to keep myself afloat, it doubles its effect. Nothing makes me a happier musician (or player for that matter.)

Speaking of, I hope to have another song within the next few days. I'm toying with some melodies.

Well then get out there and roll the bones, who knows what you'll accomplish? You don't know until you really give it a good try. I'm going through a lot lately and songs are what pulls me through this mire of mine, so when I hear people enjoy what I make that I'm creating to keep myself afloat, it doubles its effect. Nothing makes me a happier musician (or player for that matter.)

Speaking of, I hope to have another song within the next few days. I'm toying with some melodies.
The closest to me "getting out there" is a story I've been writing for past... month? I want to say... I think it's been a month.

Great job, it sounds like terraria, but redone (hence the reimagining). I was just thinking, with all the the new graphics as well, this would be perfect for otherworld. If you mention this in suggestions there, it might be used, as long as you are comfortable with that.

That sounds interesting, but I'd be honestly stunned if Red came here himself to comment on this and said "Hey yeah let's get you making music for Otherworld." I'd probably have a heart attack, lol... I'm working on the next track now as a matter of fact, and expect to bump the thread when it's complete, so stay tuned! (No pun intended.)

Second song is out. Sorry for the delay, folks! Life's little unexpected things come up whenever it likes to.
Pick it up from the main post if you want, on demand now.

edit: Won't let me put it in the first post :/ will figure out shortly.

double edit: I moved to soundcloud as suggested. Let's hope this keeps functioning, and do leave comments on the second track "Cloudburst" (Rain theme)!

Last edited:
Great work, these renditions certainly have a nice feel to them. They sound very different compared to the original versions, but they still feel as though they would fit very well into Terraria. Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to hearing more of these.

If you're OK with it, I'd like to make these into a personal Wave Bank that I could use in game, when you release a few more tracks. Unless there's one already out there or if you're going to make one yourself.

Nice, second song out! It kind of has a mushroom biome feel to it, but it fits well with rain too. I wonder what and when the next song will be. In the mean time, keep up the good work!

I've really got no interest in trying that, sorry to say. (also, as for your word on "townsy", I'm only doing tracks Terraria actually has. If Terraria gets some sort of house track, I'd be kind of confused... What could encompass all great creations people have made with one song?)

Also, woke up this morning for an idea for the Jungle theme. Mapped out the percussion, will continue working on it when I arrive home.

Couple of notes, I'm expecting to finish a new song within a week, but since I just graduated from my senior year of high-school today, I'll probably be able to do this stuff more. Right now, I'm lacking a melody in my head for the Jungle theme. I have great drums going, just, no main line :<

Sometimes music can really be a drag to think about, unless you're hyper on creative juice.

I definitely wish I came across this sooner. You seem like a very interesting person yourself, and it suits your music nicely. You can bet your bucket I'll be keeping an eye (or an ear) on your thread and music. It's a skill hard found on TCF, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom